Announcing the Selig Audio May Madness Sale!

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
selig
RE Developer

16 May 2021

May 17-31 2021, EVERYTHING is 50% off, and as before the super handy NoteView player is FREE!
That is all…

EDIT: https://www.reasonstudios.com/shop/browse/?q=selig
Selig Audio, LLC

BRIGGS

16 May 2021

The madness begins!!!

r11s

EdGrip

16 May 2021

And as I've said before, Gain is a must-have if you do a lot in the Reason rack.

Noise
Competition Winner

16 May 2021

now this is awkward. I have everything RE from selig :(
Albums: BandCamp | Youtubz: Noise Channel
Projects: P1 Easy Remote Mapping | Personal Refill Sale Store: https://payhip.com/noisesystems | Title Generator! untitled.noiseshadow.com

moneykube

16 May 2021

Noise wrote:
16 May 2021
lol... me too... went to check to see if I had missed any... but no
On a happy note... I had forgot I had the colouring eq :thumbs_up:
https://soundcloud.com/moneykube-qube/s ... d-playlist
Proud Member Of The Awesome League Of Perpetuals

selig
RE Developer

16 May 2021

Noise wrote:
16 May 2021
Well I’ll just have to cook up something new for you, I guess...
Selig Audio, LLC

Noise
Competition Winner

16 May 2021

yes please!
Albums: BandCamp | Youtubz: Noise Channel
Projects: P1 Easy Remote Mapping | Personal Refill Sale Store: https://payhip.com/noisesystems | Title Generator! untitled.noiseshadow.com

integerpoet

16 May 2021

selig wrote:
16 May 2021
Noise wrote:
16 May 2021
Yeah, I was going to say… this state of affairs is not at all awkward for Selig. :-)

And you know what? Just last night I was on the fence about whether to buy Leveler for an octet project I'm literally starting today. Because there are few enough voices for this one that none will be submerged in the others. Now I just have to find where Selig put the camera in my house. That is awkward.

MannequinRaces

16 May 2021

selig wrote:
16 May 2021
May 17-31 2021, EVERYTHING is 50% off, and as before the super handy NoteView player is FREE!
That is all…
This is fantastic for people that don’t have these REs. Looking forward to whatever you release next Selig!

challism

16 May 2021

A very generous discount. Thank you, Giles!
integerpoet wrote:
16 May 2021
selig wrote:
16 May 2021

Yeah, I was going to say… this state of affairs is not at all awkward for Selig. :-)

And you know what? Just last night I was on the fence about whether to buy Leveler for an octet project I'm literally starting today. Because there are few enough voices for this one that none will be submerged in the others. Now I just have to find where Selig put the camera in my house. That is awkward.
Selig Leveler is the best tool for vocals... it's not even a contest. It's a must have for any project using vocals of any kind. You should be very happy with it, especially at 50% off!
Players are to MIDI what synthesizers are to waveforms.

ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

Gardinski

16 May 2021

Selig's De-Esser is an absolutely essential plug-in, imho. It's the one constant in all my songs. Anyone who does vocals of any kind really ought to grab it, if they haven't already.

integerpoet

16 May 2021

challism wrote:
16 May 2021
Selig Leveler is the best tool for vocals... it's not even a contest. It's a must have for any project using vocals of any kind. You should be very happy with it, especially at 50% off!
That is the impression I've gotten.

But for my vocal projects so far there have been so many singers it just wasn't practical, esp. considering I also have a day job. :-)

For eight, though, I'm thinking it may well make sense.

I just wish the shop thought it were tomorrow already because I need it today. :-)
Last edited by integerpoet on 16 May 2021, edited 1 time in total.

integerpoet

16 May 2021

Gardinski wrote:
16 May 2021
Selig's De-Esser is an absolutely essential plug-in, imho. It's the one constant in all my songs. Anyone who does vocals of any kind really ought to grab it, if they haven't already.
Yeah, I've been using that one for months now largely because even with 36 voices in a project (not joking) I can just drop it onto each and the default settings do some good with (as you just read) almost no effort.

MrFigg
Competition Winner

17 May 2021

Not showing in the sale yet.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

madmacman

17 May 2021

MrFigg wrote:
17 May 2021
Not showing in the sale yet.
Probably depends on the time zone of the seller.

BRIGGS

17 May 2021

Noise wrote:
16 May 2021

yes please!
+1 :thumbs_up:

r11s

integerpoet

28 May 2021

integerpoet wrote:
16 May 2021
challism wrote:
16 May 2021
That is the impression I've gotten. But for my vocal projects so far there have been so many singers it just wasn't practical, esp. considering I also have a day job. :-) For eight, though, I'm thinking it may well make sense. I just wish the shop thought it were tomorrow already because I need it today. :-)
It did make sense, I did get a little more time than I expected, I was very happy with the results I got during trial, and I did buy it.

aeox
Competition Winner

28 May 2021

Most fun, creative, and useful EQ I've ever used!

Yonatan

28 May 2021

aeox wrote:
28 May 2021
Tell me more. Coloring Eq is only Selig device I still have not bought, as I seen it as a bit of luxury device when having many other EQs. But am all for the concept. Have not used the trial yet though.
In what way do you use it and why you prefer it?

aeox
Competition Winner

28 May 2021

Yonatan wrote:
28 May 2021
aeox wrote:
28 May 2021
Tell me more. Coloring Eq is only Selig device I still have not bought, as I seen it as a bit of luxury device when having many other EQs. But am all for the concept. Have not used the trial yet though.
In what way do you use it and why you prefer it?
I think it definitely is a luxury device but that's a good thing :D It had opened me up to a lot of new possibilities with EQ that I didn't have before in (RE format)

The saturation and how it was implemented just works so well for so many different sources.
Also you can put a midi track through it and have the EQ follow your key. Which is really a nice feature, I'm not sure if that's a thing with VST EQ but it's great and is faster and more useful for me then tracking with CV a lot of the time. It also has eq curves that as far as I know; don't exist in any other RE EQs.
There is a master slider that lets you slide your eq curve around the frequency spectrum, gain, etc. I never knew how useful this was until I started using it.

There is more to it, but I recommend watch the videos here: https://www.youtube.com/user/SeligAudio/videos

It may not look pretty like fabfilter, but it packs a ton of utility for the price in my opinion.

challism

28 May 2021

Gardinski wrote:
16 May 2021
I totally agree with this.

I have a saved combi patch that I used any time I am working with vocals, and it consists of Selig Leveler, Selig De-Esser and Selig Gain.
Players are to MIDI what synthesizers are to waveforms.

ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

Mint

28 May 2021

selig wrote:
16 May 2021
That is all…
A wee link to them would be cool. :re: :re: :re: :re: : )
Last edited by Mint on 28 May 2021, edited 1 time in total.

selig
RE Developer

28 May 2021

aeox wrote:
28 May 2021
It may not look pretty like fabfilter, but it packs a ton of utility for the price in my opinion.
I like to think that it was more important to focus on features first, looks second. One day I hope to update it to look a little prettier, but there's not much else I'd change about it other than the front panel. The processing part is second to none, but of course I'm biased…

First and foremost ColoringEQ was intended to be the end all EQ for me in Reason, what I grab when the channel EQ isn't enough. From the smooth shelves (or add resonance for a peak/dip response) to the incredibly wide to narrow Qs possible (more range than any other EQ in Reason), to special EQ types like Tilt and Smiley, to the innovative and still unique continuous Slope on the filters, and little things like a depth control on the Notch filter and individual I/O for each band.

I could go on - all to say don't let the "ugly" fool you…this is a world class EQ with some extra (and extremely useful IMO) bells and whistles. ;)
Selig Audio, LLC

selig
RE Developer

28 May 2021

challism wrote:
28 May 2021
Gardinski wrote:
16 May 2021
I totally agree with this.

I have a saved combi patch that I used any time I am working with vocals, and it consists of Selig Leveler, Selig De-Esser and Selig Gain.
What would folks think of a vocal-centric channel strip consisting of basic version of all three of those REs combined into one device? It's something I've been thinking about for some time but don't yet have a totally fixed idea of what would be included…and I'm not clear if it would be any better than just using all three as you do now.
Selig Audio, LLC

selig
RE Developer

28 May 2021

Mint wrote:
28 May 2021
selig wrote:
16 May 2021
That is all…
A wee link to them would be cool. :re: :re: :re: :re: : )

Boom! https://www.reasonstudios.com/shop/browse/?q=selig

I didn't know Selig was involved with Love One's Proton (the first Granula synth RE).
Doh, I failed product marketing 101…thanks for posting the link I should have posted! ;)

And don't forget Gustav was involved with NoteView as well, a little RE dev cross-pollination to keep things interesting…
Selig Audio, LLC

• Information