Midi Help!

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
jetpilot00

26 May 2021

Hey all,

I bought a Behringer FCB to control some midi options while recording guitar. Reason can see it as midi in but I can only get it to control Reason functions like faders, pan, etc. I need to control the options within my Overloud THU VST. It is very simple to do in Studio One but I can't figure it out in Reason.

Any input is greatly appreciated and thanks in advance!

-JP
***If life is a song, I've just passed the guitar solo.***

deigm

27 May 2021

If I understand you correctly what you're looking for is remote override.

http://docs.propellerheads.se/reason10/ ... .23.6.html

Jackjackdaw

27 May 2021

I don't think remote over ride works for VST parameters though. Probably have to put the VST in a combinator and assign what you want to control to the combi buttons and knobs then remote override them.

jetpilot00

30 May 2021

Thank you for the help, guys. I tried in a Combinator and that didn't work either. I would have thought any midi device would control VST's in any host by now.

🤔

-JP
***If life is a song, I've just passed the guitar solo.***

Jackjackdaw

15 Jun 2021

I just had success with midi mappings in Enso by Audio Damage. The VST has a midi learn function. I locked the controller to the device in Reason and then used the VST's midi learn to map the controls.

V1Rotate

18 Jun 2021

Jackjackdaw wrote: ↑
15 Jun 2021
I just had success with midi mappings in Enso by Audio Damage. The VST has a midi learn function. I locked the controller to the device in Reason and then used the VST's midi learn to map the controls.
That's fantastic! I won't be able to try it until next week but I look forward to testing that out.

-V1, formerly Jetpilot00

I don't know why but I can't retrieve, or set, passwords with that account anymore.

Lov2sing

27 Jun 2021

You could always get a patch-bay by Blue Cat Audio if none of these suggestions works. Hopefully they will, because on average it has some cost to it.
We make music for a reason

• Information