Melda Plugins huge free vst bundle

Discuss VST stuff here!
WarStar

25 May 2021

I've purchased a few Melda products and I think they maybe my fav developer. This free bundle is super impressive. The free compressor is top notch. Their loudness meter is now my favorite. Saturator is awesome. Incredible stuff for free.

https://www.meldaproduction.com/MFreeFXBundle

taddx

25 May 2021

I downloaded it a few days ago - equally impressed, great stuff.

dvdrtldg

25 May 2021

Big fan of their ring mod and flanger plugins

That said, last time I looked they were abandoning OS support, which is a real bummer

EdGrip

25 May 2021

The fact you can only download their freebies in one huge bundle is an immediate turn-off. I wanted to try the scope, but no.

zoidkirb

25 May 2021

I actually bought the free bundle (on sale for cheap of course)
Which removes the watermark, allows re-sizing of the GUI, and unlocks midi CC out for the modulator module.
I think (not totally sure) that paying also unlocks custom skins and oversampling.

DaveyG

26 May 2021

EdGrip wrote:
25 May 2021
The fact you can only download their freebies in one huge bundle is an immediate turn-off. I wanted to try the scope, but no.
Yep, that was a annoyance for me too. I just wanted the Notepad plugin that allows you to keep text notes, lyrics, whatever inside the project. It's yet another easy thing that Reason lacks. I used VSTNotepad instead, but these days I use Reason as a plugin to Studio One which allows text for the song and also each individual track, mixer channel and even audio input.

WarStar

26 May 2021

DaveyG wrote:
26 May 2021
EdGrip wrote:
25 May 2021
Yep, that was a annoyance for me too. I just wanted the Notepad plugin that allows you to keep text notes, lyrics, whatever inside the project. It's yet another easy thing that Reason lacks. I used VSTNotepad instead, but these days I use Reason as a plugin to Studio One which allows text for the song and also each individual track, mixer channel and even audio input.
I guess you could delete the dll files for the VSTs you don't want...

DaveyG

26 May 2021

WarStar wrote:
26 May 2021
DaveyG wrote:
26 May 2021

Or not download it and find an alternative free VST. :thumbup:

Melda are one of those plugin companies that seem to have lots of stuff but don't seem to get much press, good or bad, so I have them in the "also ran" box. I assume their stuff is OK but not spectacular.

EdGrip

26 May 2021

I think I've decided "one big half-gigabyte download of all their freebies if you want to try one" is likely indicative of how sensible their other UI/UX choices are. I've filed them under "another Voxengo-type company"

EdGrip

26 May 2021

DaveyG wrote:
26 May 2021
Or not download it and find an alternative free VST. :thumbup:
Quite. I shouldn't have to be thinking up workarounds before I've installed or even downloaded a single(!) plugin. Sheer nonsense.

dusan.cani

26 May 2021

EdGrip wrote:
26 May 2021
I think I've decided "one big half-gigabyte download of all their freebies if you want to try one" is likely indicative of how sensible their other UI/UX choices are. I've filed them under "another Voxengo-type company"
You don't have to install the whole bundle. Once you downloaded the installer, you can choose which FX or Instrument you want to install:

installer.PNG
installer.PNG (99.79 KiB) Viewed 1653 times

The effects are really cool. I've tried Folder and Shaper and I achieved very good results. Also the Comb effect is very extraordinary. Thanks WarStar for the tip.

tallguy

26 May 2021

Melda's interface designs are an... acquired taste. I use their MMultiAnalyzer all the time, but will be the first one to say the GUI lacks fluidity. Things never quite respond the way you want them to. As if the developers were brought up in the Amiga era and have never quite gotten the hang of them new fangled GUI conventions.

jam-s

26 May 2021

WarStar wrote:
26 May 2021
No need to delete any dlls that you don't want. The installer is pretty nice and lets you select on a single screen which plugins you want to install. So you only waste some bandwidth downloading the whole package, but you don't have to clutter your system with plugins that you don't want (unlike how IK Multimedia does it with TRacks).

guitfnky

26 May 2021

tallguy wrote:
26 May 2021
Melda's interface designs are an... acquired taste. I use their MMultiAnalyzer all the time, but will be the first one to say the GUI lacks fluidity. Things never quite respond the way you want them to. As if the developers were brought up in the Amiga era and have never quite gotten the hang of them new fangled GUI conventions.
yeah, I tried their drum programmer demo a while back and holy hell is that thing convoluted and difficult to use. they seem like they’ve got good plugins, but I’m too old to want to spend time learning such a complicated UI. 😆
I write good music for good people

https://slowrobot.bandcamp.com/

tallguy

26 May 2021

guitfnky wrote:
26 May 2021

yeah, I tried their drum programmer demo a while back and holy hell is that thing convoluted and difficult to use. they seem like they’ve got good plugins, but I’m too old to want to spend time learning such a complicated UI. 😆
I personally know some developers that make software that's equally awkward to use. Sure enough, they started their career writing text based adventure games for some platform that no longer exists. They never managed to embrace modern GUI design, deep down inside being resentful for the wastefulness of said GUIs.
I once complained to them the progress bar stopped progressing when processing a large file, giving the impression the software had crashed. Their answer was that they disabled the progress bar on purpose to save CPU :shock:

I get the same vibe from Melda. And like you, I have better things to do in my life than dealing with products like that.

challism

26 May 2021

I think I may have heard these lyrics somewhere before.
I wish Reason had a better way to take notes.
pink.JPG
pink.JPG (63.13 KiB) Viewed 1521 times
Players are to MIDI what synthesizers are to waveforms.

ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

electricthing

26 May 2021

Mine looked like this:
pink 2.PNG
pink 2.PNG (10.15 KiB) Viewed 1507 times

challism

26 May 2021

electricthing wrote:
26 May 2021
Mine looked like this:

pink 2.PNG
Careful, Syd might wander into your place.
Players are to MIDI what synthesizers are to waveforms.

ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

WarStar

26 May 2021

jam-s wrote:
26 May 2021
WarStar wrote:
26 May 2021
No need to delete any dlls that you don't want. The installer is pretty nice and lets you select on a single screen which plugins you want to install. So you only waste some bandwidth downloading the whole package, but you don't have to clutter your system with plugins that you don't want (unlike how IK Multimedia does it with TRacks).
For whatever reason I didn't notice you could pick and choose what would be installed.. I just installed the whole damn thing lol

splitpen

27 May 2021

Some great plugins indeed! My most used plugin of Melda is definitely the MPhaser. Use the LFO overide inside it to shape a tone of instruments.
You can also set the trigger when placed inside a combinator (activate receive notes inside combi programmer)
Latest track: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EjzYHe3D8f8
Reasonstudios 11 Roland Quadcapture | AMD Ryzen 5900x|Elektron Analog Heat Mk2|Diy 3 way SB Acoustics/Scanspeak studiomonitors | AKG K702 | Key­sta­tion 61 MK3 |BCR2000 |X-Touch Ext | MP Midi

dvdrtldg

28 May 2021

Can confirm Melda plugins don't work on Mac OS 11, I just got a new MacBook and they're all fritzed

• Information