Drum Sequencer Player Known Bug?

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
altron

25 May 2021

I have a drum combi setup with a Drum Sequencer Player in it that controls a Kong and the pattern selection is automated in Reason's sequencer. It automates so that first a one-bar intro pattern in slot 8 is played and then switches to slot 1 with a regular drum pattern with a kick drum on the first position in the grid. But when playing the song with automation the first kick in pattern on slot 1 is somehow always skipped.

Seems to be a bug to me. Anyone else experienced this? Any workarounds known (other than using Kompulsion where this issue does not happen)?
Trap is where music goes to die.

reusenoise

25 May 2021

I can confirm when you change to pattern 8 to pattern 1 the first beat it'skipped

altron

25 May 2021

reusenoise wrote:
25 May 2021
I can confirm when you change to pattern 8 to pattern 1 the first beat it'skipped
Thanks for confirming! So at least I'm not doing anything wrong. Haven't tested with the other pattern slots yet and I moved back to using Kompulsion.
Trap is where music goes to die.

RoryM0

25 May 2021

I've had a similar bug when automating pattern changes, I think I was doing pattern 2 to 3 at the time. Really annoying. Why isn't this fixed yet.

challism

25 May 2021

I think there is some kind of system-wide problem going on with first notes getting skipped. I've seen it happening in pretty much all of the sequencing players, and I can only say it must be coming from Reason, itself.

Drum Sequencer also has some issues when the song is in a time signature other than 4/4.
Players are to MIDI what synthesizers are to waveforms.

ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

eusti

25 May 2021

challism wrote:
25 May 2021
I think there is some kind of system-wide problem going on with first notes getting skipped. I've seen it happening in pretty much all of the sequencing players, and I can only say it must be coming from Reason, itself.

Drum Sequencer also has some issues when the song is in a time signature other than 4/4.
I noticed it with the ujam VSTs from time to time too.

D.

challism

25 May 2021

eusti wrote:
25 May 2021
challism wrote:
25 May 2021

I noticed it with the ujam VSTs from time to time too.

D.
Let's just burn it all to the ground!
Players are to MIDI what synthesizers are to waveforms.

ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

Oberlai

13 Jul 2021

Any news/improvement on this?

Adabler
Competition Winner

15 Nov 2021

Oberlai wrote:
13 Jul 2021
Any news/improvement on this?
Don't think so. I was about to post a thread about it, but found this one from a little while ago.

It's not a huge problem and it has a work-around, but it is very annoying.
:reason: 12, Win10

• Information