Synapse Obsession has been updated to version 1.1

Discuss VST stuff here!
moneykube

12 May 2021

Synapse Obsession has been updated to version 1.1!
We are happy to announce that Obsession has been updated to v1.1, adding a VST 3 version and introducing support for Big Sur and Apple M1 Macs. Additionally, new features have been added:

Chorale mode added to the Reverb effect.
Double-x mode added to the Delay effect.
Line tool added to the LFO steps control.
New Soften parameter for the LFO Steps.
Support for polyphonic aftertouch (pressure).
Modulation matrix has been extended to 12 slots.
Installation:
Download your update from the Support page, then install this update on top of your existing Obsession installation. There is no need to uninstall the previous version. If you are a NKS user, rescan your NKS library after installing this update. This update requires Windows 7 SP1 or higher, or Mac OS X 10.11 and above.

Best Regards,
Synapse Audio Software
www.synapse-audio.com
https://soundcloud.com/moneykube-qube/s ... d-playlist
Proud Member Of The Awesome League Of Perpetuals

Loque

12 May 2021

Just waiting for the RE to be on sale...Currently it is a race between Arturia and Synapse. If i get a good offer from Arturia first, i skip Synapse.
Reason12, Win10

moneykube

12 May 2021

I also have the version 1.01 rack but version 1.1 not yet updated as rack
Last edited by moneykube on 12 May 2021, edited 1 time in total.

Ted Pikul

12 May 2021

moneykube wrote:
12 May 2021
have version 1.01 rack but version 1.1 not yet updated as rack
I have been interested in getting the rack extension version when it goes on sale. But if Synapse is only adding new features to the VST version, I guess I'll have to choose that option. I recall that something similar happened with Sonic Charge when Magnus abandoned the RE format (Echobode VST got a new diffusion paramater that was never added to the RE version).

joeyluck

12 May 2021

Has anybody heard from Synapse about the RE?

They updated The Legend with new features in all formats and I wouldn't expect any different for the Obsession RE, unless something prevents them from doing so.

moneykube

25 May 2021

the re is updated when I checked today

joeyluck

25 May 2021

moneykube wrote:
25 May 2021
Cool! So is that mod matrix scrollable like Tribute? Or does it just jump between pages of 6 slots? Either way, it's great they added more, I'm just curious. I'm still waiting for a sale :-)

retreed
Competition Winner

25 May 2021

joeyluck wrote:
25 May 2021
moneykube wrote:
25 May 2021
Cool! So is that mod matrix scrollable like Tribute? Or does it just jump between pages of 6 slots? Either way, it's great they added more, I'm just curious. I'm still waiting for a sale :-)
The VST version can scroll per slot while the RE version jumps between the two pages. :thumbup:

joeyluck

25 May 2021

retreed wrote:
25 May 2021
joeyluck wrote:
25 May 2021

The VST version can scroll per slot while the RE version jumps between the two pages. :thumbup:
Thanks!

Loque

25 May 2021

:thumbup:
joeyluck wrote:
25 May 2021
... I'm still waiting for a sale :-)
Same here. I have a problem to o pay 100 for a quite limited synth, even if it sounds great, when i got Rapid, Dune or Avenger for the same or better price.
Reason12, Win10

dezma

28 May 2021

Loque wrote:
12 May 2021
Just waiting for the RE to be on sale...Currently it is a race between Arturia and Synapse. If i get a good offer from Arturia first, i skip Synapse.
I'd also take cpu usage into account. Synapse seems to be MUCH easier on CPU than arturia. This is based on my experience in pigments3 vs dune3.

• Information