Reason 12 is coming!

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
avasopht
Competition Winner

21 May 2021

PhillipOrdonez wrote:
21 May 2021
Interesting, but that would assume anyone on suite upgrading to 12 would lose the suite Res. The license would become 12 and all the suite Res would remain in the account, and iirc, those cannot be transferred. 🤔
I have multiple versions of Reason on my account.

If I had already purchased Propellerhead RE's, then bought R11 Suite and sold it, by this logic I would lose all of my RE's.

The RE's that come with R+ are no different to that scenario.

If R+ must steal your licenses, then so too must Reason 11 Suite, right!

But it would be 100% against the law for them to do that, so no, they not only won't do that - THEY ABSOLUTELY CANNOT do that.

Skimrok

21 May 2021

its been clear for awhile reason 11 suite ""Reason suite 11"" can be transferred , and it seems logical that it stayed linked if you fancied upgrading to12 i was just double checking and its been confirmed with joeyluck ,

I get my coat before I confuse everybody :lol: :thumbs_up:
12 with 11 Suite :reason:/ Akai Mini Mk3 / MPD218 /Eve SC207 Monitors / Mrs10 Sub / Motu M2 / Zen Can

PhillipOrdonez

21 May 2021

Skimrok wrote:
21 May 2021
its been clear for awhile reason 11 suite ""Reason suite 11"" can be transferred , and it seems logical that it stayed linked if you fancied upgrading to12 i was just double checking and its been confirmed with joeyluck ,

I get my coat before I confuse everybody :lol: :thumbs_up:
Say I Didn't have Reason and bought it from you, your 11 suite. What would happen, you think, to your account? You would not have Reason 12 either, I think. I think you would not have any version of Reason anymore because you would have transferred your Reason license, whatever number you're on. You would keep your bought Res though... But you wouldn't have access to Reason. Am I wrong in my understanding of this situation?

DaveyG

22 May 2021

avasopht wrote:
21 May 2021
enossified wrote:
21 May 2021

You're forgetting Nektar...
... there's also the Akai Advance
Neither of those are in the same league.

WOO

22 May 2021

Aquila wrote:
20 May 2021
Has anyone else noticed a Reason 12 beta in the Products page of their account? I don't remember joining for that.. :?
Yes but no download button.

Loque

22 May 2021

WOO wrote:
22 May 2021
Aquila wrote:
20 May 2021
Has anyone else noticed a Reason 12 beta in the Products page of their account? I don't remember joining for that.. :?
If you are in the beta, you should have received an email with download instructions.
Reason12, Win10

QVprod

22 May 2021

Loque wrote:
22 May 2021
WOO wrote:
22 May 2021

If you are in the beta, you should have received an email with download instructions.
It actually is worth the curiosity. Reason 12 beta is listed in my account too. Haven’t gotten any email.

Pretty strange

PhillipOrdonez

22 May 2021

Mine too. Glitch?

EnochLight

23 May 2021

Loque wrote:
22 May 2021
WOO wrote:
22 May 2021

Nope. Not with 12 anyway….
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

DaveyG

23 May 2021

There is no download button next to 11 Beta in your account either. The downloads are made from the Beta site so when 12 Beta becomes available I imagine it will be there.

VariableX

23 May 2021

So Mr Figg has bought the upgrade?
I too was holding off for R12, but i am in two minds even now if the upgrade is worth it.
Yes im happy i held out and there is a great upgrade deal 'price wise' on the table, but;
there is nothing in reason 11 i will use.
In reason 12 ill be interested in the sampler, but thats it.
So im considering holding out again, lol.

Im not knocking Reason Studios, i get that they want to keep there new vst customers on board ( reason is my only daw )

I dunno im kinda stuck in two minds, over the piece ive saved myself good money missing a version, but R10 just fits me so well there is no real need to upgrade.

DaveyG

23 May 2021

VariableX wrote:
23 May 2021
Haha. Mr Figg was "10 forever" but now he's "12 forever", at least until 13 drops. He's actually "Reason forever", and why not? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Onkel Paul

23 May 2021

Catblack wrote:
21 May 2021
electrofux wrote:
21 May 2021

As an aside -- That's if whatever RE is mapped at all. The only reason the little screens on Nektar controllers are any use still is due to Carly's generosity in keeping their remotemaps updated.
Hi there,
as a Panorama user, I miss a lot of remote maps. More so for nektarine. (I use the RRP and the remote maps for the P& do not work within). Can someone please point me to the above mentioned updates and towards Carly?

Thank you

VariableX

23 May 2021

DaveyG wrote:
23 May 2021
VariableX wrote:
23 May 2021
Haha. Mr Figg was "10 forever" but now he's "12 forever", at least until 13 drops. He's actually "Reason forever", and why not? :lol: :lol: :lol:
That he was! And we were on the same page for so long, but now he's gone 😂

The other thing is i don't particularly like the way Reason Studios operate and treat there customers, case in point if you have v11 already you will feel a little miffed at other customers having a cheaper upgrade, but for anyone looking in this is normal, it was the same for r11 suite for example how many RE you already own.

The longer you hold out, the better your deal will be! But im also worried this might change 😂

MrFigg
Competition Winner

23 May 2021

VariableX wrote:
23 May 2021
DaveyG wrote:
23 May 2021

The other thing is i don't particularly like the way Reason Studios operate and treat there customers, case in point if you have v11 already you will feel a little miffed at other customers having a cheaper upgrade, but for anyone looking in this is normal, it was the same for r11 suite for example how many RE you already own.

The longer you hold out, the better your deal will be! But im also worried this might change 😂
Main reason I did it was I thought it was worth €70 to buy my REs out of captivity. That’s pretty much it. Other than that I don’t need any new features. Not one bit. So spiritually I was 10 to the end and I still am, but practically, paying the relatively small fee (almost half price) to complete the cycle was for the best. So still 10 to the end but with the added freedom that comes with 12 :). I wasn’t even going to install 11 :)
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

VariableX

23 May 2021

MrFigg wrote:
23 May 2021
VariableX wrote:
23 May 2021

Main reason I did it was I thought it was worth €70 to buy my REs out of captivity. That’s pretty much it. Other than that I don’t need any new features. Not one bit. So spiritually I was 10 to the end and I still am, but practically, paying the relatively small fee (almost half price) to complete the cycle was for the best. So still 10 to the end but with the added freedom that comes with 12 :). I wasn’t even going to install 11 :)
fair enough but you have the Reason 11 lite to free your REs no?

avasopht
Competition Winner

23 May 2021

VariableX wrote:
23 May 2021

If you buy Reason 11, and then one day later Reason 12 comes out, most users would be pretty pissed they're a version behind despite buying it at the same price.

If you hold out and buy Reason 11 within the grace period for Reason 12, ... you've spent 18 months using the previous reason while Reason 11 was out for 18 months.

Holding out means you miss out on the features and are in effect skipping Reason 11, since there's no point in counting the one month you had Reason 11 before upgrading.

There's lots in Reason 11 Suite I don't have. Just because you have those REs, doesn't mean everyone else does.

MrFigg
Competition Winner

23 May 2021

VariableX wrote:
23 May 2021
MrFigg wrote:
23 May 2021

fair enough but you have the Reason 11 lite to free your REs no?
Reason 11 Lite doesn’t have all the Reason devices I’ve come to know and love and it has limited tracks. In other words Lite doesn’t give me the full Reason experience.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

DaveyG

23 May 2021

MrFigg wrote:
23 May 2021

Reason 11 Lite doesn’t have all the Reason devices I’ve come to know and love.
There is no way you are going to make it to September without installing your shiny new full fat R11. :D :D :D

MrFigg
Competition Winner

23 May 2021

DaveyG wrote:
23 May 2021
MrFigg wrote:
23 May 2021

Reason 11 Lite doesn’t have all the Reason devices I’ve come to know and love.
There is no way you are going to make it to September without installing your shiny new full fat R11. :D :D :D
I already did the day I bought it. I bowed to friendly peer pressure and thought I might as well check it out. But said, I won’t use the extra devices so it’s just like having R10 installed.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

EdGrip

23 May 2021

If I upgrade to Reason 12, will my REs stop working in Reason 11?

Will I still be able to use Thor?

If I don't upgrade to Reason 12, will Reason 12 be included in a Reason 11.x update?

Can I upgrade to Reason 3 from Reason 3?

If I don't upgrade can I still use Netflix?

What about Suite?

WHAT ABOUT SUITE???

Sorry, just trying to join in with the spirit of this thread.

Skimrok

23 May 2021

EdGrip wrote:
23 May 2021
If I upgrade to Reason 12, will my REs stop working in Reason 11?

Will I still be able to use Thor?

If I don't upgrade to Reason 12, will Reason 12 be included in a Reason 11.x update?

Can I upgrade to Reason 3 from Reason 3?

If I don't upgrade can I still use Netflix?

What about Suite?

WHAT ABOUT SUITE???

Sorry, just trying to join in with the spirit of this thread.
:lol:
12 with 11 Suite :reason:/ Akai Mini Mk3 / MPD218 /Eve SC207 Monitors / Mrs10 Sub / Motu M2 / Zen Can

MrFigg
Competition Winner

23 May 2021

Hmmm...biggest thing I noticed with having R11 installed is that I have to log in to use it. I had my R10 license on my Balance but that boat has sailed. Don't really want to authorize my PC as I've had to mark 2 PCs as "lost"...one meltdown and one for a hardware change. No big deal having to log in really as I have a good internet connection, but it's just a change I could have done without. Oh yeah...I put my license on my Ignition Key so if the internet goes down I'm covered and who knows when they'll remove the option to authorize your IK. R12?
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

VariableX

23 May 2021

avasopht wrote:
23 May 2021
VariableX wrote:
23 May 2021

If you buy Reason 11, and then one day later Reason 12 comes out, most users would be pretty pissed they're a version behind despite buying it at the same price.

If you hold out and buy Reason 11 within the grace period for Reason 12, ... you've spent 18 months using the previous reason while Reason 11 was out for 18 months.

Holding out means you miss out on the features and are in effect skipping Reason 11, since there's no point in counting the one month you had Reason 11 before upgrading.

There's lots in Reason 11 Suite I don't have. Just because you have those REs, doesn't mean everyone else does.
agreed!
this is exactly what im saying.

great deals for some not for others.

Catblack

23 May 2021

Onkel Paul wrote:
23 May 2021
Catblack wrote:
21 May 2021

Hi there,
as a Panorama user, I miss a lot of remote maps. More so for nektarine. (I use the RRP and the remote maps for the P& do not work within). Can someone please point me to the above mentioned updates and towards Carly?

Thank you
I think the last mappings are here (from a link on Carly(Poohbear)'s sig.)
If you ain't hip to the rare Housequake, shut up already.

Damn.

• Information