How to attach an FX to an instrument using Kontakt in Reason?

Discuss VST stuff here!
Brahmastra

23 May 2021

So, I've got a new PC and am looking forward to finally using my Komplete 13 package within Reason. I've opened Kontakt in the instrument section, found the Scarbee Clavinet/Pianet (instrument) as well as the Lo-fi glow (effect) within Kontakt, and I can't figure out how to connect the FX to the Pianet. Tab button doesn't switch to the rear of the VST pop-up window and I don't see any options on the front. Anyone have any ideas? Probably something simple, but what am I missing here?

Attachments
noidea.jpg
noidea.jpg (378.15 KiB) Viewed 341 times

jam-s

23 May 2021

I have not tried it, but you might have to use two instances of Kontakt to then route the audio from one into the other. But let me check this.

I had a closer look and Lofi Glow seems to be another Kontakt instrument (with built in FX) and not an effect. Thus I think you cannot simply do what you want to do.
Last edited by jam-s on 23 May 2021, edited 1 time in total.

Tiny Montgomery

23 May 2021

Brahmastra wrote:
23 May 2021
So, I've got a new PC and am looking forward to finally using my Komplete 13 package within Reason. I've opened Kontakt in the instrument section, found the Scarbee Clavinet/Pianet (instrument) as well as the Lo-fi glow (effect) within Kontakt, and I can't figure out how to connect the FX to the Pianet. Tab button doesn't switch to the rear of the VST pop-up window and I don't see any options on the front. Anyone have any ideas? Probably something simple, but what am I missing here?

Lofi Glow is an instrument.

manisnotabird

23 May 2021

Brahmastra wrote:
23 May 2021

Yeah, Lo-Fi Glow is an instrument.

Brahmastra

24 May 2021

jam-s wrote:
23 May 2021
I have not tried it, but you might have to use two instances of Kontakt to then route the audio from one into the other. But let me check this.

I had a closer look and Lofi Glow seems to be another Kontakt instrument (with built in FX) and not an effect. Thus I think you cannot simply do what you want to do.
Well, that's the simple thing I missed then, but the first tip seems good too :oops:

• Information