Tribute 1.1

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
littlejam

24 Mar 2021

hello,

this RE looks / sounds very interesting
checked the store and there is no updated video
i did find this video which is based on the old gui
i like the new gui

it would be nice to see a newer wicked cool updated video

also, any idea when the sale will end?

cheers,

j
littlejamaicastudios
i7 2.8ghz / 24GB ddr3 / Quadro 4000 x 2 / ProFire 610
reason 10 / reaper / acidpro /akai mpk mini / korg padkontrol / axiom 25 / radium 49
'i get by with a lot of help from my friends'

Mataya

24 Mar 2021

Jackjackdaw wrote:
24 Mar 2021
I think this dev gets waaay too much grief over his ui design! The old and the new both look great mate.
Yep. I agree. Feel kinda bad I brought it up. But I like nice gui, just didn't find this one better then old one.
Like I said, synth is amazing in what it can do and Speo is talented and seems like a cool dude, so I wish he sells a lot of copy's of this synth.

M

Speo
RE Developer

24 Mar 2021

littlejam wrote:
24 Mar 2021
also, any idea when the sale will end?
Hey, thanks for being interested! I apologize for the lack of videos, haven't had a chance, but I hope to record some videos on the new features this weekend.
Sale ends April 14.
Mataya wrote:
24 Mar 2021
Yep. I agree. Feel kinda bad I brought it up. But I like nice gui, just didn't find this one better then old one.
Like I said, synth is amazing in what it can do and Speo is talented and seems like a cool dude, so I wish he sells a lot of copy's of this synth.
Thanks man, really appreciate it! Some people don't like certain things and are vocal about it, but all the props more than make up for that stress haha.

mjxl

24 Mar 2021

It's now black, I like. Fantastic new features, already had GREAT features. I like. 10/5 kudostars :)

Great that you're considering the change I proposed (the note thing was me)

Speo
RE Developer

26 Mar 2021

mjxl wrote:
24 Mar 2021
It's now black, I like. Fantastic new features, already had GREAT features. I like. 10/5 kudostars :)

Thanks, appreciate that! I have the note thing on my todo list.
littlejam wrote:
24 Mar 2021
here you go

Loque

26 Mar 2021

Speo wrote:
26 Mar 2021
mjxl wrote:
24 Mar 2021

Thanks, appreciate that! I have the note thing on my todo list.
littlejam wrote:
24 Mar 2021
here you go

Nice video. A quick overview of the new features.

Now that the filters are open to every audio source, you can easily hook up a phaser with them or have some nice stereo spreaded unique filters :thumbs_up: But i still like the FM the most with a LPF vocal and some nice wavetables :clap:
Reason12, Win10

Speo
RE Developer

26 Mar 2021

Loque wrote:
26 Mar 2021
Now that the filters are open to every audio source, you can easily hook up a phaser with them or have some nice stereo spreaded unique filters :thumbs_up: But i still like the FM the most with a LPF vocal and some nice wavetables :clap:
That's an awesome setup, gotta try that. Forgot to mention audio to fm in the video, damn scatterbrain.

Loque

26 Mar 2021

Speo wrote:
26 Mar 2021
Loque wrote:
26 Mar 2021
That's an awesome setup, gotta try that. Forgot to mention audio to fm in the video, damn scatterbrain.
Its kinda nice for some pads to give them some extra flavor. Youcan also use percusive sounds or loops to give a different sound the flavor of another. While its not the same as a Vocoder, its sometimes interesting to combine both. Ofc FM with samples is some kind of hit and miss, but i love to experiment.
Reason12, Win10

bharris22

20 May 2021

I just learned about this RE! Can it load external wavetables, such as the Galbanum wavetables?

Steedus
Competition Winner

20 May 2021

lol that Spread knob animation is awesome. Like the screws on the Subtractor I always played with the idea of a knob doing that. Like you turn it all the way up (or down) and it falls off when in that position. Just a bit of fun.

Loque

20 May 2021

bharris22 wrote:
20 May 2021
I just learned about this RE! Can it load external wavetables, such as the Galbanum wavetables?
It can load samples, so it can load wavetables. Try it.
Reason12, Win10

Speo
RE Developer

21 May 2021

Steedus wrote:
20 May 2021
lol that Spread knob animation is awesome. Like the screws on the Subtractor I always played with the idea of a knob doing that. Like you turn it all the way up (or down) and it falls off when in that position. Just a bit of fun.
If you're modelling the gui in 3d, might as well have sum fun :D really glad you like it.

Desnuda

23 May 2021

This dev gets waaay too much grief over his ui design! The old and the new both look great mate. best mouse grip
Last edited by Desnuda on 23 May 2021, edited 1 time in total.

Loque

23 May 2021

Desnuda wrote:
23 May 2021
This dev gets waaay too much grief over his ui design! The old and the new both look great mate.
Agree. Hope the old design will come back too in future.
Reason12, Win10

Sterioevo

30 May 2021

Bought! No brainer really for $29 - great value.
I had a good play over the weekend and was pleasantly impressed by the ease of use and instant tweak ability. The fractal function is very cool.
Thanks to the dev and highly recommend.

Speo
RE Developer

31 May 2021

Thanks so much! Really happy to hear you're putting Tribute through its paces.
Sterioevo wrote:
30 May 2021
Bought! No brainer really for $29 - great value.
I had a good play over the weekend and was pleasantly impressed by the ease of use and instant tweak ability. The fractal function is very cool.
Thanks to the dev and highly recommend.

dusan.cani

23 Oct 2021

Hi Speo,

Are there any plans of update for Tribute ?

Per voice shaper/distorion would allow to dramatically alter the incoming sounds from the oscillators. Also with option to place the shaper before or after the filters. Shaper/Distorion with several modes (Sine, Fold, Clip, Saturation, Bitcrush, etc.) would be awesome. The whole new range of sound spectra would be possible by this way ;).

Also the additional FX section (accessible via the fourth tab in the main display) with handy effects to spice up the sound directly in the device would be also very cool and inspiring.

Speo
RE Developer

24 Oct 2021

Hey! I appreciate the suggestion - you're right, a per voice shaper would be super useful. I have added it to the list. A legato switch for monophonic mode is another big one on there. I'm currently finishing my degree so there's no plans to implement these features in the near future. I do maintain the feature list for 1.2, but I can't say when I'll get around to implementing it - sorry!
dusan.cani wrote:
23 Oct 2021
Hi Speo,

Are there any plans of update for Tribute ?

Per voice shaper/distorion would allow to dramatically alter the incoming sounds from the oscillators. Also with option to place the shaper before or after the filters. Shaper/Distorion with several modes (Sine, Fold, Clip, Saturation, Bitcrush, etc.) would be awesome. The whole new range of sound spectra would be possible by this way ;).

Also the additional FX section (accessible via the fourth tab in the main display) with handy effects to spice up the sound directly in the device would be also very cool and inspiring.

dusan.cani

08 Dec 2021

Speo wrote:
24 Oct 2021
Hey! I appreciate the suggestion - you're right, a per voice shaper would be super useful. I have added it to the list. A legato switch for monophonic mode is another big one on there.
Cool, thanks !

Another idea - how about to release the Mods section as separate CV modulation device ? A small compact version of the Mods as separate utility would be super useful. The Mods are very unique kind of modulation approach. Awesome and fun curves can be constructed to add motion. And to expand it further, those level slope segments should be automatable because changing its value while curve is playing is very fun, interesting and useful:

automatable.jpg
automatable.jpg (41.29 KiB) Viewed 3635 times

BTW I strongly recommend to use some filtering and distortion devices after the Tribute. Distorting the output of the synth by different distortion chains brings totally new dimension to the sound, especially when Mods are used for CV modulation of various FX parameters:

chain-resized.jpg
chain-resized.jpg (146.92 KiB) Viewed 3635 times

Speo
RE Developer

09 Dec 2021

Thanks for the suggestions! I've thought about releasing parts of Tribute separately, there just hasn't been a good time to put the work in... Making the mod segment parameters automatable would be fun, but it's not super straightforward to do now. Exposing them to the mod matrix wouldn't be a problem though, then you could route a macro to them. I'll put it on the list.
dusan.cani wrote:
08 Dec 2021
Speo wrote:
24 Oct 2021
Hey! I appreciate the suggestion - you're right, a per voice shaper would be super useful. I have added it to the list. A legato switch for monophonic mode is another big one on there.
Cool, thanks !

Another idea - how about to release the Mods section as separate CV modulation device ? A small compact version of the Mods as separate utility would be super useful. The Mods are very unique kind of modulation approach. Awesome and fun curves can be constructed to add motion. And to expand it further, those level slope segments should be automatable because changing its value while curve is playing is very fun, interesting and useful:

automatable.jpg

BTW I strongly recommend to use some filtering and distortion devices after the Tribute. Distorting the output of the synth by different distortion chains brings totally new dimension to the sound, especially when Mods are used for CV modulation of various FX parameters:

chain-resized.jpg

dusan.cani

09 Dec 2021

Speo wrote:
09 Dec 2021
Making the mod segment parameters automatable would be fun, but it's not super straightforward to do now. Exposing them to the mod matrix wouldn't be a problem though, then you could route a macro to them. I'll put it on the list.
Exposing it through the matrix and assign to macro would be completely OK ! Thanks Speo !

Loque

18 Jan 2023

There seem to be an update to 1.1.1:

• Added legato button (same behavior as on Subtractor, but forces monophonic)
  • The a/d ratio knob in the envelope section now snaps to the middle when close
  • Fixed filter routing bug
    • there used to be different behavior depending on number of enabled oscillators
Reason12, Win10

crimsonwarlock

18 Jan 2023

Loque wrote:
18 Jan 2023
There seem to be an update to 1.1.1:
Thanks. I saw the update in the shop and downloaded it, but I couldn't find a changelog :thumbup:
-------
Analog tape ⇒ ESQ1 sequencer board ⇒ Atari/Steinberg Pro24 ⇒ Atari/Cubase ⇒ Cakewalk Sonar ⇒ Orion Pro/Platinum ⇒ Reaper ⇒ Reason DAW.

moneykube

31 Jan 2023

so I was one that updated to 1,1.1 with no way to go back other then time machine which will affect too many other things. What files are missing?
Screen Shot 2023-01-31 at 9.26.39 AM.png
Screen Shot 2023-01-31 at 9.26.39 AM.png (472.09 KiB) Viewed 1281 times
https://soundcloud.com/moneykube-qube/s ... d-playlist
Proud Member Of The Awesome League Of Perpetuals

Speo
RE Developer

31 Jan 2023

moneykube wrote:
31 Jan 2023
so I was one that updated to 1,1.1 with no way to go back other then time machine which will affect too many other things. What files are missing?
BHK Wavetables are missing! You can safely use Tribute 1.1.1 as normal, but BHK combinator patches are not loading. The fix has already been submitted, hopefully it'll be accepted soon.

• Information