New Teenage Engineering stuff

Want to talk about music hardware or software that doesn't include Reason?

Ayello

21 Jan 2015

i didn't saw the cases ...Thank you.
It reminds me the Korg volca serie, drum, bass & synth, but with a different approach
the format is really incredible !

CharlyCharlzz

21 Jan 2015

thanks man , I have not seen these vids before today and I searched for some !

I was expecting these , 59 bucks thats great and I like the old Nintendo idear  .
It does not die , it multiplies !

7.101 and I will upgrade maybe this summer .

Julibee

21 Jan 2015

Seriously, those TE people are geniuses. I hope more and more startup co's take the hint and start making weirder and weirder things like this. Thanks for sharing.
I'm still doing it wrong.
Bandcamp | Soundcloud | Twitter | .com

Exowildebeest

21 Jan 2015

They definitely do original things, but this is a bit over the top imo. Very gimmicky. Seems very tiny and unpractical too.

But what the hell, maybe it's loads of fun and that counts too.

Julibee

21 Jan 2015

Exowildebeest wrote:They definitely do original things, but this is a bit over the top imo. Very gimmicky. Seems very tiny and unpractical too.

I agree with both of us. Yeah, totally impractical (ish) and funny looking and definitely gimmicky, but that sort of thing makes me curious, and curious makes me make things, and making things leads to new songs..... I just would like an avalanche of oddities to sort through and play with. Hardware is often both exciting (sounds) and completely boring for me (looks) all at the same time. I say we mix it up! :)
I'm still doing it wrong.
Bandcamp | Soundcloud | Twitter | .com

joeyluck

21 Jan 2015

Exowildebeest wrote:They definitely do original things, but this is a bit over the top imo. Very gimmicky. Seems very tiny and unpractical too.

Have you never played with a Monotron?  Those things are a hit!

I have a Monotron Delay and I use it for sound design.  I can get so many cool sounds out of that little $50 gadget. 

Exowildebeest

21 Jan 2015

joeyluck wrote:
Have you never played with a Monotron?  Those things are a hit!

I have a Monotron Delay and I use it for sound design.  I can get so many cool sounds out of that little $50 gadget. 
I have considered the Monotrons, yes! But after considering I forgot about them ;) Already have my iPad. And now an Elektron Rytm.

That said, I get they're quite cool. Might reconsider them for a bit now ;)

CharlyCharlzz

21 Jan 2015

I like it so fare but it is not really digital and not really analog right ?

it's the type of electronic sampler type of stuff that also got a chip that act like a SID right ?
I love that brand but I put my money in other stuff these days .

Neko the Jaguar

25 Jan 2015

Where in the heck were things like this when I was a kid?

Purpleb

25 Jan 2015

I dont know if it would make me want to make music or do my calculus homework! it has to double up as a calculator! Lol
I think these are cool, and different in a good way, but very cool. Seems fun.

pushedbutton

25 Jan 2015

If anyone wants to give me a set of these I'd be very happy to take them off your hands but I know in my heart they'd be sat in a desk drawer within a week. I can see what they're getting at but there are too many ways to scratch a creative itch with something hand held these days. I'm sure someone cleverer than me would get something interesting out of them but I see the future and these are not it.
@pushedbutton on twitter, add me, send me a message, but don't try to sell me stuff cos I'm skint.
Using Reason since version 3 and still never finished a song.

CharlyCharlzz

12 Jun 2015

I buyed the drum machine one and played with it for two days , it's really cool and it got more options and workflow then I was thinking .
i gived it away to a friend for it's birthday yesterday and he was happy , it does something cool (Alarm clock) and it plays your pattern !!!!
it got a speaker but could not see it  ....but it works .
the shop had the 3 of them but two was broken already LOL , they super fragile without the case (not included) .
anyway it's Worth it and now searching the forum and reading Ayello made me want to post here my report on these :frown: (RIP)  make me want to get one for me because yes they really COOL toys !

Puckboy2000

12 Jun 2015

It looks like it would break after a few uses. Amazing sounds though.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than than that" - George Carlin

• Information