BlueDepth / Epic Motion Reverb FX (by Turn2on)

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
Steedus
Posts: 805
Joined: 31 Aug 2015
Location: Melbourne, AU

Post 21 May 2021

turn2on wrote:
21 May 2021
Update v.1.0.3.

Image
https://www.reasonstudios.com/shop/rack ... rb-effect/

New Regen parameter "SCALE": Used for tuning the Regen decay (Underwater section) upwards or downwards. * After Scale active changes, Regen Character is reloading. For smoothing this, add the AirVerb Decay parameter value.
Interesting. Thanks for the update! 👍

slic
Posts: 130
Joined: 01 Jun 2021

Post 17 Jul 2021

On sale again and looks great in HD- bought.

Steedus
Posts: 805
Joined: 31 Aug 2015
Location: Melbourne, AU

Post 21 Jul 2021

The submarine graphic on the front panel (which moves with the depth control) is low res and pixelated on the HD version.

User avatar
turn2on
RE Developer
Posts: 529
Joined: 13 Mar 2015

Post 22 Jul 2021

Thank you for this finding. Will be fixed soon.

Steedus
Posts: 805
Joined: 31 Aug 2015
Location: Melbourne, AU

Post 22 Jul 2021

:thumbup:

User avatar
etyrnal2
Posts: 97
Joined: 29 Jan 2017

Post 15 Jul 2022

aeox wrote:
09 Apr 2021
I think you should make your future devices in a similar GUI style as this. 100x better

omg please NO!

unless there's a button on the back that can switch the front panel parameters to explain what they ACTUALLY do.

i don't want a toy, i want to be able to predictably achieve the sound i am trying to design
:reason: :record: :recycle: :re: :adapted: :ignition: :essentials: :refill: :rebirth:

User avatar
etyrnal2
Posts: 97
Joined: 29 Jan 2017

Post 15 Jul 2022

i wanted to love this one so much. i have a lot of uses for this sort of sound... but i wound up NOT loving it in the end because it's COMPLETELY incomprehensible. It's impossible to understand the internal routing in a way that makes it possible to achieve PREDICTABLE results. And i typically have NO problem achieving exactly what i hear in my mind in LOTS of other gear. I have, no exaggeration, HUNDREDS of plugins. I understand what those other devices' parameters do to the sound. In this one it ALWAYS feels like trying to achieve a sound "blindfolded"... or better yet, with earplugs in. It's like GUESSING.

Even the block diagrams in the manual don't make signal flow make any sense. I kind of wish there was a button on the back that would, when pressed, change the names of the parameters on the front to be what they are ACTUALLY doing from a sound design perspective. I'm a reasonably logical person, and i find this device VERY VERY tempting to keep trying to use, but every time i do, i wind up frustrated, and replace it with other device-combinations to achieve sounds i suspect this verb could achieve - but since the device puts more importance on 'fun' parameter naming and a nautical theme, it completely sacrifices usability. Could the manual be updated to show the TRUE routing of the audio signal?? I'd use this regularly if it wasn't such a experimental process to use.
:reason: :record: :recycle: :re: :adapted: :ignition: :essentials: :refill: :rebirth:

User avatar
motuscott
Posts: 3094
Joined: 16 Jan 2015
Location: the New York

Post 15 Jul 2022

I too have no idea what's happening behind the GUI, but there it sits in my startup template.
Turn2on have many wonderful effects. I try not to let my lack of understanding hold me back too much. YMMV
Vlad "Party like it's 1894" 🧂

User avatar
turn2on
RE Developer
Posts: 529
Joined: 13 Mar 2015

Post 16 Jul 2022

Thank you for talk about this problem of creative parameter names.
I try to make new scheme and parameter names as option or as integrated scheme. Need some time for this

Fx was been inspired by very limited and interesting idea with same experimental manual and parameter names. So our device much much bigger and massive and may be really play of words lost some understanding, but think that manual is helped.

User avatar
moofi
Posts: 982
Joined: 19 Jan 2015
Location: hear

Post 16 Jul 2022

Actually I feel it´s fine the way it is. Like the names and the experimental character it introduces. Then I don´t think it´s that confusing when working with it.
Some devices are ment to be predictable, some less, some don´t. Feel this one is a little in middle. Embrass experimentation. :-)
etyrnal2 wrote:
15 Jul 2022
i wanted to love this one so much. i have a lot of uses for this sort of sound... but i wound up NOT loving it in the end because it's COMPLETELY incomprehensible. It's impossible to understand the internal routing in a way that makes it possible to achieve PREDICTABLE results. And i typically have NO problem achieving exactly what i hear in my mind in LOTS of other gear. I have, no exaggeration, HUNDREDS of plugins. I understand what those other devices' parameters do to the sound. In this one it ALWAYS feels like trying to achieve a sound "blindfolded"... or better yet, with earplugs in. It's like GUESSING.

Even the block diagrams in the manual don't make signal flow make any sense. I kind of wish there was a button on the back that would, when pressed, change the names of the parameters on the front to be what they are ACTUALLY doing from a sound design perspective. I'm a reasonably logical person, and i find this device VERY VERY tempting to keep trying to use, but every time i do, i wind up frustrated, and replace it with other device-combinations to achieve sounds i suspect this verb could achieve - but since the device puts more importance on 'fun' parameter naming and a nautical theme, it completely sacrifices usability. Could the manual be updated to show the TRUE routing of the audio signal?? I'd use this regularly if it wasn't such a experimental process to use.

User avatar
Re8et
Posts: 1287
Joined: 14 Nov 2016

Post 18 Jul 2022

Just testing out all of them for the first time, BLUE has a different character...
Really feels like underwater, and not martian... wonderful!

User avatar
turn2on
RE Developer
Posts: 529
Joined: 13 Mar 2015

Post 19 Jul 2022

Shceme have some corrections now:
Image

Now I already prepare update (add "info" mode, to show real propty names), msall GUI fixes. But it can be published after 15th August.
Image

User avatar
moofi
Posts: 982
Joined: 19 Jan 2015
Location: hear

Post 19 Jul 2022

EDIT: deleted because I didn´t read properly :-D
turn2on wrote:
19 Jul 2022
Shceme have some corrections now:
Image

Now I already prepare update (add "info" mode, to show real propty names), msall GUI fixes. But it can be published after 15th August.
Image

User avatar
motuscott
Posts: 3094
Joined: 16 Jan 2015
Location: the New York

Post 19 Jul 2022

I must say, in addition to their marvelous effects, Turn2on's quick response to customer feedback is top notch.
Now there will be new labels that I also don't understand.
Understanding is overrated
Vlad "Party like it's 1894" 🧂

User avatar
moofi
Posts: 982
Joined: 19 Jan 2015
Location: hear

Post 19 Jul 2022

Welcome to the pleasuredome :angel:
motuscott wrote:
19 Jul 2022
I must say, in addition to their marvelous effects, Turn2on's quick response to customer feedback is top notch.
Now there will be new labels that I also don't understand.
Understanding is overrated

User avatar
turn2on
RE Developer
Posts: 529
Joined: 13 Mar 2015

Post 19 Jul 2022

Please if you have any questions, ask.
In new labels (it’s only additional labels in mode “Info”)
- Submersion section. This is technically a -1 Octave Pitch Shifted signal section. Pitch shifter section have Mix control knob (depth of pitch shifter signal), feedback and buffer duration = Direction finder (how long is pitch shifter granules).

- Underwater section:
Reflection = Pre Delay.
Scale = Tuning of tails for underwater processed signal.

This is a main info additions.
All previous labels saved as default, I not change anything, info mode is a new small “i” button that change some labels from creative names to technical side names.

If you have question please ask, and we try to make device more opened for understanding.

Technically AIR verb is a basic reverb, routed to output. Parallel signal from it coming also to Underwater reverb section (14 algorithmic modes), and that also routed thru the Submersion (-1 oct pitch shifted processing) back to the AIR section.

So you have finally hybrid of analog emulated airy reverb, algorithmic underwater feeling reverb with tuning of tails, and pitch shifter (static -1 oct) proccessing. All routed back to Airy reverb.

Pitch shifter signal with -1 octave create subs on reverb for submersion feelings, airy + submersion reverbs helps to create lush reverbs.

One of the interesting knob is a RG+SB WET knob (control wet level of Submersion and Underwater Regen sections), routed finally back to the Air verb section at the same time.

Really FX have some routings. I prefer to use default creative names that have names of feelings what you listen, but at technical side creative names now duplicated to what this parameters really do.

User avatar
moneykube
Posts: 3093
Joined: 15 Jan 2015

Post 19 Jul 2022

never had an issue with this rack... love it. :puf_smile:
https://soundcloud.com/moneykube-qube/s ... d-playlist
Member Of The Awesome League Of Perpetuals -

User avatar
motuscott
Posts: 3094
Joined: 16 Jan 2015
Location: the New York

Post 19 Jul 2022

Thanks T2O for further explanations!
Vlad "Party like it's 1894" 🧂

User avatar
motuscott
Posts: 3094
Joined: 16 Jan 2015
Location: the New York

Post 19 Jul 2022

P.S. I'm playing this one like I'm some kind of ignorant geek who understands next to nothing.
Unlike my real self
Vlad "Party like it's 1894" 🧂

User avatar
turn2on
RE Developer
Posts: 529
Joined: 13 Mar 2015

Post 01 Sep 2022

Update 1.0.4 in the shop:
https://www.reasonstudios.com/shop/rack ... rb-effect/


- Small GUI fixes
- Rear Panel CV Input sections reorganised (now devided to individual sections Air, Submersion and Underwater) for better understanding structure of device.
- “i” mode at front panel: additional label names mode, that show functionality names of some device controls (knobs) vs default creative names (for understanding what is current knob is really do).
small Reverb engine optimisation

User avatar
motuscott
Posts: 3094
Joined: 16 Jan 2015
Location: the New York

Post 01 Sep 2022

:thumbs_up:
Vlad "Party like it's 1894" 🧂

  • Information
  • Who is online

    Users browsing this forum: NMHindman and 1 guest