Reason High Resolution Graphics: Join the Testing Team!

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
bidaar

20 May 2021

epoch wrote:
20 May 2021
bidaar wrote:
16 May 2021
after I tried to run the beta version it said your Reason+ subscription expired ... eventhough I have Reason 11 Suite perpetual License what should I do ?
Mine's doing the same now when I try to do internet verification, I get that message in error. I found a workaround; I've had to authorize my computer. I didn't even waste my time logging a support ticket - they never reply!
I was hype to test the beta but after this problem I dont care about it anymore . its weird I heard that from different people about that they dont reply but they always do reply to me , at least 95 percents of the times . I did make a ticket about this one but havent recieved anything lol . but what do you mean you had to authorize your computer I think I already did that for my Reason 11 Suite in my profile , but the beta version wasnt letting me go in so I deleted it then it deleted the reason rack plugin.vst3 too and I had to contact the support because I didnt want to reinstall the whole reason with all the banks etc so they gave me the installation of reason only without any bank , that was nice of them , anyways I told the RRP.vst3 part so you guys would be careful .
Reason 11 Suite l FL Studio l Leaning Ableton n Bitwig l Windows 10 64bit
Trying and Learning to be a : Hip-Hop / Trap , Electronic & Experimental Producer l Mixing Engineer

odaifor3

20 May 2021

Billy+ wrote:
16 Apr 2021
V12 Is going to need more than hi dpi....

If vst3 and full vst midi isn't supported then it's not going to be much better.

And before anyone says 2.4 is dead think about how many vst midi 2.4 devices are still available and have already been purchased and updated.

But will definitely be watching.
i agree totally

bidaar

21 May 2021

PhillipOrdonez wrote:
12 May 2021
deeplink wrote:
12 May 2021
I actually can't stand that YouTube channel
So glad I'm not the only one 😂😂😂
I have the same feeling about this channel !!! Its pretty interesting that Im seeing other thinking the same lmao
Reason 11 Suite l FL Studio l Leaning Ableton n Bitwig l Windows 10 64bit
Trying and Learning to be a : Hip-Hop / Trap , Electronic & Experimental Producer l Mixing Engineer

Yonatan

21 May 2021

A question to beta testers...

For someone (me) without a 4k display, but a HD (or like me a retina display), will this hi-res be a lift and a relief for the eyes and good if I use to zoom in on mac? I guess the answer is yes?

DaveyG

31 May 2021

The new Beta of 12 is out - 12.0d33. A few things fixed.

Bes
Competition Winner

01 Jun 2021

beta testing starts today maybe? the license in my products page doesn't have a download link yet so maybe i've gotta manually opt in somewhere
- Certified Reason expert

Bes
Competition Winner

01 Jun 2021

ok so the manual opt -in page at reasonstudios.com/hd recognises that i already have the R12 beta license. it says..

We're activating users to the beta test phase following a specific schedule.

If and when you are selected to participate you will receive an email

from us with further instructions.
- Certified Reason expert

DaveyG

02 Jun 2021

Bes wrote:
01 Jun 2021
beta testing starts today maybe? the license in my products page doesn't have a download link yet so maybe i've gotta manually opt in somewhere
Beta testing started weeks ago, first in 11 for HD graphics and now in 12. The downloads do not appear on your products page but the R12 Beta Licence does. After you register and are accepted they send you an link to the beta site where there are downloads, a discussion forum and a ticket system for reporting bugs. There can be quite a delay between registering and getting accepted. I guess they don't want to be overwhelmed by duplicate bug reports.

DaveyG

06 Jun 2021

New version is on the Beta site - d47.

MrFigg
Competition Winner

06 Jun 2021

Quick question and I don’t think answering it’ll break any NDA. In terms of Hi-Res. Im running a Pentium i5 3.00GHz. 8GB DDR4 RAM. The CPU has got an integrated graphics card. Intel HD 630. I didn’t think about it before but I’m wondering if that’ll be enough to run R12 with the Hi-Res graphics without any problems or if I’ll have to install a dedicated GPU. Anybody runnng similar who can put my mind at rest?
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

Loque

06 Jun 2021

MrFigg wrote:
06 Jun 2021
Quick question and I don’t think answering it’ll break any NDA. In terms of Hi-Res. Im running a Pentium i5 3.00GHz. 8GB DDR4 RAM. The CPU has got an integrated graphics card. Intel HD 630. I didn’t think about it before but I’m wondering if that’ll be enough to run R12 with the Hi-Res graphics without any problems or if I’ll have to install a dedicated GPU. Anybody runnng similar who can put my mind at rest?
The beta is a Logging version as always and therefor nobody can tell you anything about CPU load of the final version.

But everybody should be aware, that using higher resolution graphics will consume more HD space and more RAM and it also means, more data will be pushed around, which requires a good gfx board and probably CPU-bus.
Reason12, Win10

MrFigg
Competition Winner

06 Jun 2021

Loque wrote:
06 Jun 2021
MrFigg wrote:
06 Jun 2021
The beta is a Logging version as always and therefor nobody can tell you anything about CPU load of the final version.

But everybody should be aware, that using higher resolution graphics will consume more HD space and more RAM and it also means, more data will be pushed around, which requires a good gfx board and probably CPU-bus.
Hmmm. Thanks. Oh well, new graphics card on the list :(
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

Loque

06 Jun 2021

MrFigg wrote:
06 Jun 2021
Loque wrote:
06 Jun 2021

I think, the 8GB RAM might be more a problem...
Reason12, Win10

MrFigg
Competition Winner

06 Jun 2021

Loque wrote:
06 Jun 2021
MrFigg wrote:
06 Jun 2021

I think, the 8GB RAM might be more a problem...
Aaa. Yeah. Maybe. At the moment I have the sample rate set to 64 (lowest latency) and have no problems with pops or clicks. That is to say I can run as many tracks and devices as I need for my songs with no problems. Maybe the extra processing for the graphics will change all that?
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

guitfnky

06 Jun 2021

it’s a logging version right now, but I imagine at some point they’re going to have to do a non-logging build so they can get feedback on performance.
I write good music for good people

https://slowrobot.bandcamp.com/

MrFigg
Competition Winner

06 Jun 2021

guitfnky wrote:
06 Jun 2021
it’s a logging version right now, but I imagine at some point they’re going to have to do a non-logging build so they can get feedback on performance.
I wasn’t going to bother but I’ve registered for the beta so I can check myself. If I can run the logging version without an issue I’m good to go.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

orthodox
RE Developer

06 Jun 2021

MrFigg wrote:
06 Jun 2021
... new graphics card on the list :(
You won't need it really, unless you're running some games. I always did without it.

MrFigg
Competition Winner

06 Jun 2021

orthodox wrote:
06 Jun 2021
MrFigg wrote:
06 Jun 2021
... new graphics card on the list :(
You won't need it really, unless you're running some games. I always did without it.

Never games. I think the UHD 630 is a little more powerful than the HD 630 I have. But you’re saying that you’re finding that the beta runs fine even with integrated graphics?
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

orthodox
RE Developer

06 Jun 2021

MrFigg wrote:
06 Jun 2021
Never games. I think the UHD 630 is a little more powerful than the HD 630 I have. But you’re saying that you’re finding that the beta runs fine even with integrated graphics?
As already said, it cannot be judged at this point yet, it's built with logging.

MrFigg
Competition Winner

06 Jun 2021

orthodox wrote:
06 Jun 2021
MrFigg wrote:
06 Jun 2021
As already said, it cannot be judged at this point yet, it's built with logging.
Aha. Ok. Was just when you said I wouldn’t need a graphics card you meant that it was working with integrated GPU.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

orthodox
RE Developer

06 Jun 2021

MrFigg wrote:
06 Jun 2021
orthodox wrote:
06 Jun 2021

Aha. Ok. Was just when you said I wouldn’t need a graphics card you meant that it was working with integrated GPU.
I mean I believe everything is going to run well with integrated graphics. Believe strong enough to make unverified claims.

MrFigg
Competition Winner

06 Jun 2021

orthodox wrote:
06 Jun 2021
MrFigg wrote:
06 Jun 2021

I mean I believe everything is going to run well with integrated graphics. Believe strong enough to make unverified claims.
Good enough for me :). I’ll sleep well tonight. Thanks.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

QVprod

21 Jun 2021

If you can watch YouTube and Netflix on your computer (most people can), the hi res graphics aren’t gonna hurt. I’ve done video editing and color grading on a 2018 Mac mini with integrated graphics.

Random Pinenut Joy

13 Aug 2021

The Hi Res is great. Especially during the day. Though buggy, it rolls really well. Have been on board with reason for 10yrs. Only new to the forum. I'm a home producer & it's only been a forward motion in regards to the development of Reason. Used the "A" word for a while. But still came back Reason for plugins

• Information