Kuassa Announces May Madness Sale. Up to 43% off Amp Sims and FXs

Discuss VST stuff here!
dimi

15 May 2021

Kuassa is offering up to 43% savings on their Amplifikation guitar amp simulators, Efektor guitar pedal FX emulations and their Studio FX plug-ins.

Discount are also applied to their bundles. With the highlight on their Amplifikation 360 bundle, offering $199 instead of the normal price of $299 for 17 guitar oriented fx plugins or equal to 66 modules inside their Amplifikation 360 guitar effect suite.

*Instead, their Kuassa Rack Extensions will be on sale starting May 17, 2021. With both the plug-ins and Rack Extension May Madness Sale will be ended May 31, 2021.
https://www.kuassa.com/shop/ :thumbup: :puf_smile:

motuscott

16 May 2021

Best sim amps in the RE universe.
Who’s using the royal plural now baby? 🧂

estuary

16 May 2021

motuscott wrote:
16 May 2021
Best sim amps in the RE universe.
Yeah, great products!

motuscott

16 May 2021

Other Kuassa faves, The Comp Octo mode, compression just more than zero, release just less than max. The OD was a favorite , but I find I need it less with Clarent, B2, gain just more than zero, master just less than max. Fueling this with a 61 Jazzmaster
I am, as the Christers say, blessed

MrFigg
Competition Winner

16 May 2021

I’ve got them all. Everything by Kuassa (except Kratos which I really don’t need but everything else). I don’t regret a single purchase. Not a one. Here’s the thing though...the only one I don’t have as an RE is Clarent. I’ve got the VST. It’s the same. I know it’s the same. It sounds exactly the same but...well you know...it’s not...
So...what you reckon? RE...unnecessary purchase? Or? From your own point of view if you were in the same situation of course.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

motuscott

16 May 2021

Did I say Clarent B2?
No No No, B1.
I'm a just breaking up kinda player
old school

motuscott

16 May 2021

MrFigg wrote:
16 May 2021
I’ve got them all. Everything by Kuassa (except Kratos which I really don’t need but everything else). I don’t regret a single purchase. Not a one. Here’s the thing though...the only one I don’t have as an RE is Clarent. I’ve got the VST. It’s the same. I know it’s the same. It sounds exactly the same but...well you know...it’s not...
So...what you reckon? RE...unnecessary purchase? Or? From your own point of view if you were in the same situation of course.
C'mon Figg. Why would you even?

MrFigg
Competition Winner

16 May 2021

motuscott wrote:
16 May 2021
MrFigg wrote:
16 May 2021
C'mon Figg. Why would you even?
Yeah. I know. Sorry.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

Mistro17

16 May 2021

Thanks for this. Just tried the bass amp demo and lovin it. Think Imma get it.

adfielding

17 May 2021

I love Kuassa's plug-ins, they've been a steady staple ever since they started making REs way back when (I still remember how nice it was to start using Vermillion and Creme as opposed to the old Line-6 amp in Reason!). Their amp sims are great but by far my most-used Kuassa plug-in right now is the EVE-MP5 EQ - I can't speak for how accurately it models the Pultec EQs, but to me it works a treat with very minimal tweaking. The bass boost trick sounds great, and setting the program EQ to 20khz and attenuating there is a really nice way to smooth out the highs without sounding dull. It's just a good all-round character EQ and I really rate it.

Popey
Competition Winner

17 May 2021

adfielding wrote:
17 May 2021
I love Kuassa's plug-ins, they've been a steady staple ever since they started making REs way back when (I still remember how nice it was to start using Vermillion and Creme as opposed to the old Line-6 amp in Reason!). Their amp sims are great but by far my most-used Kuassa plug-in right now is the EVE-MP5 EQ - I can't speak for how accurately it models the Pultec EQs, but to me it works a treat with very minimal tweaking. The bass boost trick sounds great, and setting the program EQ to 20khz and attenuating there is a really nice way to smooth out the highs without sounding dull. It's just a good all-round character EQ and I really rate it.
Hi Adam would you mind me asking what you mean by the bass boost trick. I have heard of adding a boost on a pultec at 70hz and then multiband compression at the same frequency and wondered if you mean this or some other trick that can be implemented? I have the eve eq and it's a very nice rack extension.

adfielding

17 May 2021

Popey wrote:
17 May 2021
Hi Adam would you mind me asking what you mean by the bass boost trick. I have heard of adding a boost on a pultec at 70hz and then multiband compression at the same frequency and wondered if you mean this or some other trick that can be implemented? I have the eve eq and it's a very nice rack extension.
With Pultec-style EQs you can get some really nice results by boosting and attenuating the low EQ simultaneously. The two don't cancel each other out like you might expect.

Popey
Competition Winner

17 May 2021

adfielding wrote:
17 May 2021
Popey wrote:
17 May 2021
With Pultec-style EQs you can get some really nice results by boosting and attenuating the low EQ simultaneously. The two don't cancel each other out like you might expect.
Ah I see never heard of this before and I am going to have to try this out. Thanks for responding/clarification it is appreciated.

aallvor

20 May 2021

So, can anyone recommend any of the Kuassa amps for none guitar players? For adding some character to synth sounds?

MrFigg
Competition Winner

20 May 2021

aallvor wrote:
20 May 2021
So, can anyone recommend any of the Kuassa amps for none guitar players? For adding some character to synth sounds?
Hmm. Think there’s probably better ways to add character to a synth. Speaking as a guitarist.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

Loque

20 May 2021

aallvor wrote:
20 May 2021
I have a plethora of amps, saturations, distortions and so and i use them for drums and synths too. Sometimes the one works, sometimes the other. In other words, the Kuassa stuff may work for you too. Always depends on the source material and what you are looking for. And pre-processing has a huge impact of the outcome of any amp-type fx.
Reason12, Win10

aallvor

20 May 2021

Loque wrote:
20 May 2021
aallvor wrote:
20 May 2021
I have a plethora of amps, saturations, distortions and so and i use them for drums and synths too. Sometimes the one works, sometimes the other. In other words, the Kuassa stuff may work for you too. Always depends on the source material and what you are looking for. And pre-processing has a huge impact of the outcome of any amp-type fx.
Sounds like its demo time then, thanks.

dvdrtldg

20 May 2021

MrFigg wrote:
16 May 2021
Forget about getting the RE version of Clarent, but jump on Kratos instead. I mean, if you're choosing between two unnecessary options, Kratos is the unnecessary option that you need more than the other unnecessary option. It's the best mastering limiter/maximiser RE of them all

MrFigg
Competition Winner

20 May 2021

dvdrtldg wrote:
20 May 2021
MrFigg wrote:
16 May 2021
Forget about getting the RE version of Clarent, but jump on Kratos instead. I mean, if you're choosing between two unnecessary options, Kratos is the unnecessary option that you need more than the other unnecessary option. It's the best mastering limiter/maximiser RE of them all
Thanks. I’ve got ozone. I’d never use Kratos and I’ve come out of the “need to complete the collection” thing. And yeah. I don’t need Clarent RE :).
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

altron

31 May 2021

This is a bit embarrassing but I already have every RE from Kuassa. :oops:
Trap is where music goes to die.

integerpoet

31 May 2021

adfielding wrote:
17 May 2021
With Pultec-style EQs you can get some really nice results by boosting and attenuating the low EQ simultaneously.
The two don't cancel each other out like you might expect.
Embedded in this video I coincidentally just now watched is a super-brief reference to how Pultec does what it does.

I know I know I know; trust your ears; yeah, I get it! But pictures still help sometimes and that moving curve was worth a thousand words to me.

• Information