Enlightenspeed MeloDramatik - Updated to 1.1

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
Enlightenspeed
RE Developer

18 May 2021

Hi folks,

We have just released an update for MeloDramatik and finally got round to doing the video for this today! The shop is already updated though so you may already be seeing the update for this springing up and wondering what the new stuff is. So here goes:

The back panel now has a load of CV inputs including:

Gate and CV
The Filters
Mutes
Passes
Patterns

We've also added the ability to set randomizer ranges for the sequencer timeline, making it much easier to set up fill generators.

Lastly, we have added a control to the Step mode which will allow you to access each step directly with one click rather than clicking through them individually with the trigger. This allows for easier workflows in general if you are used to doing it as Steps but also allows access to all sorts of counterpoint fun when you use it in conjunction with the Scale Sequencing lanes - we'll have another video up to cover this really soon!

Shop wise it's cheaper for MM with all sorts of other deals which are noted in the other thread:
https://www.reasonstudios.com/shop/rack ... odramatik/

You might notice that there was also a minor update to Inspiral, but this was just a little bug fix. We will have more videos up soon for tips and tricks using Inspiral and MeloDramatik together :D

Anyway, here is the first video:

Enjoy the sale and take care,
Brian

moneykube

18 May 2021

awesome.... thank you
https://soundcloud.com/moneykube-qube/s ... d-playlist
Proud Member Of The Awesome League Of Perpetuals

PhillipOrdonez

18 May 2021

Oooh, can't wait to play with the new features 🕺

Enlightenspeed
RE Developer

19 May 2021

moneykube wrote:
18 May 2021
awesome.... thank you
You're welcome :D

Enlightenspeed
RE Developer

19 May 2021

PhillipOrdonez wrote:
18 May 2021
Oooh, can't wait to play with the new features 🕺
Have fun!!! :puf_bigsmile:

Loque

19 May 2021

Excellent! :thumbup:

Here is the "back":
Reason12, Win10

Enlightenspeed
RE Developer

20 May 2021

Loque wrote:
19 May 2021
Excellent! :thumbup:

Here is the "back":
Indeed! :D

Thanks Loque. I'm already considering redesigns for this to make it neater. If possible I'm thinking to reduce the size of the diagram so it's more compact then make the panel for the filters smaller - since people know it's there now so it doesn't need to be quite so "shouty" if you understand me.

Cheers,
Brian

DaveyG

20 May 2021

Block diagrams are always an excellent idea and the back panel is a perfect place for it, assuming there is enough room. :thumbs_up:

I've often thought REs could use a help mode where you can click or hover over a control or button and it will give you a one sentence clue about what it does. Kinda like tool tips but with longer explanations. And have you ever noticed how unhelpful many of the tooltips are? For example, in Scales and Chords you hover over the "Alter" button and it says.... "Alter". :D

Enlightenspeed
RE Developer

20 May 2021

DaveyG wrote:
20 May 2021
Block diagrams are always an excellent idea and the back panel is a perfect place for it, assuming there is enough room. :thumbs_up:
Cool :D It'll be made a bit more compact, but it'll still be there.
DaveyG wrote:
20 May 2021
I've often thought REs could use a help mode where you can click or hover over a control or button and it will give you a one sentence clue about what it does. Kinda like tool tips but with longer explanations. And have you ever noticed how unhelpful many of the tooltips are? For example, in Scales and Chords you hover over the "Alter" button and it says.... "Alter". :D
I'll comment on this in another post later as there is actually a lot to say on this :D

Cheers,
Brian

Enlightenspeed
RE Developer

20 May 2021

Hi Folks,

Just a quick note to say that we have released version 1.1.1 to the Shop. This fixes a bug where Mutes were getting messed up if you used Randomize All - the individual trigger was fine.

Hope this helps, enjoy!
Brian

altron

03 Jun 2021

I'm curious about this RE. Are there any convincing music examples that use this RE anywhere?
Trap is where music goes to die.

Enlightenspeed
RE Developer

03 Jun 2021

altron wrote:
03 Jun 2021
I'm curious about this RE. Are there any convincing music examples that use this RE anywhere?
HI Altron,

Thanks for your interest.

We've released a few different videos now showing some of the things it can do. Check through the YouTube channel which is connected to the video link above :D

Cheers,
Brian

• Information