Enlightenspeed Inspiral in the shop!

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
Enlightenspeed
RE Developer

16 Apr 2021

Hi folks,

https://www.reasonstudios.com/shop/rack ... /inspiral/

After a looooooong few months of working on this, and reworking it and reshaping it, we have finally come to the end of the journey and released Inspiral. Those of you who follow us avidly will know that this first started to rear its head late last year but got sidetracked by the MeloDramatik launch.

There is an introductory offer on it that will last until the end of May - it's about 25-30% off depending on the currency you buy it in.

So what does it do? Well....

To give an overview, Inspiral will expand upon any input you give it based on a bunch of probability settings and some other functions. The output will either be a Single note, a double note, or a chord, and the chords can actually then be either Strummed, Repeated, Ratcheted or Arped! Howeverm the chord is chosen at random, and the event type is chosen at random.

Why? Well ultimately the idea is to blow writers/creators block clean out of the water! ...and it does... really, really well.

Inspiral will write cool riffs from just a few key presses, so all you do is decide the vague type of output you want and set the scale, and let Inspiral do the rest.

Anyway, I could harp on about it all day, but why not demo it and see for yourself :D

Lastly, a huge big thanks to all of our testers who as usual have been amazing throughout this whole process and have also provided us with a ton of new ideas for where to take this next.

Cheers and stay safe,
Brian

motuscott

16 Apr 2021

As an old school electro mechanical tape recording muso from decades past..
"I support the new wave, and I hope nobody's fake".

Extra useless Reason Rewards points if you recognize that quote.
Though certifiably geezer myself, I do support the new wave
Who’s using the royal plural now baby? 🧂

Enlightenspeed
RE Developer

16 Apr 2021

motuscott wrote:
16 Apr 2021
Extra useless Reason Rewards points if you recognize that quote.
Does it count if I Google to “recognise” it? :)

motuscott

16 Apr 2021

Imma give you a pass, big fan here

teddymcw

16 Apr 2021

Well you've been living up to the Enlightenment name for sure, and in this past era the name Speed is also fitting. Congrats on the release! Looking forward to getting acquainted.

Enlightenspeed
RE Developer

17 Apr 2021

motuscott wrote:
16 Apr 2021
Imma give you a pass, big fan here
I’m actually beaten here, and no amount of search engine gymnastics is going to help, apparently.

I give up, where is it from?

Cheers,
Brian

motuscott

17 Apr 2021

I'm So Bored with the USA
Joe & our pals @ The Clash

Enlightenspeed
RE Developer

17 Apr 2021

teddymcw wrote:
16 Apr 2021
Well you've been living up to the Enlightenment name for sure, and in this past era the name Speed is also fitting. Congrats on the release! Looking forward to getting acquainted.
Thank you for the kind words 😊

Enlightenspeed
RE Developer

17 Apr 2021

motuscott wrote:
17 Apr 2021
I'm So Bored with the USA
Joe & our pals @ The Clash
Nice 👍

challism

19 Apr 2021

Congrats on the release, Brian! Nice to see this hit the shop.
Players are to MIDI what synthesizers are to waveforms.

ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

Enlightenspeed
RE Developer

20 Apr 2021

challism wrote:
19 Apr 2021
Congrats on the release, Brian! Nice to see this hit the shop.
;) Cheers dude

Enlightenspeed
RE Developer

20 Apr 2021

Hi folks,

This is the 2nd vid in the series for Inspiral, covering how the probabilities work.

Enjoy,
Brian

Enlightenspeed
RE Developer

21 Apr 2021

Hey folks,

It's video number 3 time! This one focuses on Singles, Doubles and Chords, which is really where the magic is with this device, the arps and strum etc are all just gravy :D

Enjoy,
Brian

mjxl

27 Apr 2021

Just a lovely device, already mentioned that in the beta channel :P

It's just wonderful to think that with just a few notes of input, we can get epical rich outputs steering whatever the hell it's connected to!

Enlightenspeed
RE Developer

27 Apr 2021

mjxl wrote:
27 Apr 2021
Just a lovely device, already mentioned that in the beta channel :P

It's just wonderful to think that with just a few notes of input, we can get epical rich outputs steering whatever the hell it's connected to!
Glad you're enjoying it :D

Enlightenspeed
RE Developer

27 Apr 2021

...and the next video in the series. This one shows some basics of the Strums mode :D

Cheers,
Brian

Enlightenspeed
RE Developer

30 Apr 2021

....annnnnnnd, this is the last in the regular series of Inspiral basics :D

Stay tuned, though, we'll have some really cool set-up videos done in time for May Madness!

Enjoy!
Cheers!!
Stay safe!!!
Brian

bidaar

15 May 2021

YOOOOO Brian ! I just trialed Inspiral ! I played with it half or a whole hour and its amazing ! so Inspiring and Creative ! its so good , I didnt combine it with any other player now I can Imagine how dope it would be when combine with Loopcracker 2 REs or Melodramatik :)))) its madness . I was gonna say Congrats :) Im buying this and Im going to enjoy this A LOT + Loopcracker suite 2 and Melodramatik cause I have those too . I suggest everyone Trial Inspiral and play with it with your favorite Instruments below it .
Reason 11 Suite l FL Studio l Leaning Ableton n Bitwig l Windows 10 64bit
Trying and Learning to be a : Hip-Hop / Trap , Electronic & Experimental Producer l Mixing Engineer

Enlightenspeed
RE Developer

17 May 2021

bidaar wrote:
15 May 2021
YOOOOO Brian ! I just trialed Inspiral ! I played with it half or a whole hour and its amazing ! so Inspiring and Creative ! its so good , I didnt combine it with any other player now I can Imagine how dope it would be when combine with Loopcracker 2 REs or Melodramatik :)))) its madness . I was gonna say Congrats :) Im buying this and Im going to enjoy this A LOT + Loopcracker suite 2 and Melodramatik cause I have those too . I suggest everyone Trial Inspiral and play with it with your favorite Instruments below it .
Awesome, glad you're enjoying it!

Kinda got caught on the hop this morning with the MM sale starting a little sooner than expected, but we'll have some more setup videos etc up really soon! You should get at least one today.

Cheers,
Brian

phithegoldenratio

18 May 2021

been trialing and falling in love with Inspiral.

what I was thinking, what if you added knobs to limit the generated material (LP HP for input notes) in the same way as on MeloDramatik?

that could come extremely handy if you f.e. feed Inspiral with a Sequencer and want only the higher notes to be *Inspired* :lol:

I wonder if this is a feature someone else would like too.

if not, this is a task for the Delta Midi computer ;)

anyway, beautiful Inspiral!

Enlightenspeed
RE Developer

18 May 2021

phithegoldenratio wrote:
18 May 2021
been trialing and falling in love with Inspiral.

what I was thinking, what if you added knobs to limit the generated material (LP HP for input notes) in the same way as on MeloDramatik?

that could come extremely handy if you f.e. feed Inspiral with a Sequencer and want only the higher notes to be *Inspired* :lol:

I wonder if this is a feature someone else would like too.

if not, this is a task for the Delta Midi computer ;)

anyway, beautiful Inspiral!
I like this idea, certainly. Consider it added to the list of things that might happen during our lifetimes! :D

doze

19 May 2021

Hey Brian,

Any extra love on Inspiral for those who have all your other REs and can't benefit from any MM bundles ;)

Enlightenspeed
RE Developer

19 May 2021

doze wrote:
19 May 2021
Hey Brian,

Any extra love on Inspiral for those who have all your other REs and can't benefit from any MM bundles ;)
Not right now, no. It's already at sale price for MM, but there will be other rearrangements of stuff going forward. Certainly for Black Friday it may get a cheaper price tag. The Black Friday bundles will be a bit different too, as there will be other plugins available by that point and the alignment of things will need to be moved around a bit more to make sense; for example Chordbank is no longer part of Loopcracker, because it distorts the identity of the pack, i.e. it has nothing to do with on the fly MIDI loop control whereas the rest do. The obvious solution for those who have previous bundles is to have newer bundles with different stuff, and that's at least part of the direction we're going in.

Hope this makes sense,
Brian

doze

19 May 2021

Enlightenspeed wrote:
19 May 2021
doze wrote:
19 May 2021
Hey Brian,

Not right now, no. It's already at sale price for MM, but there will be other rearrangements of stuff going forward. Certainly for Black Friday it may get a cheaper price tag. The Black Friday bundles will be a bit different too, as there will be other plugins available by that point and the alignment of things will need to be moved around a bit more to make sense; for example Chordbank is no longer part of Loopcracker, because it distorts the identity of the pack, i.e. it has nothing to do with on the fly MIDI loop control whereas the rest do. The obvious solution for those who have previous bundles is to have newer bundles with different stuff, and that's at least part of the direction we're going in.

Hope this makes sense,
Brian
Sadly I have all your REs except for Inspiral right now, so different bundling won't help me. That's how it goes eh.

Enlightenspeed
RE Developer

19 May 2021

doze wrote:
19 May 2021
Enlightenspeed wrote:
19 May 2021

Hope this makes sense,
Brian
Sadly I have all your REs except for Inspiral right now, so different bundling won't help me. That's how it goes eh.
Well, it's still on sale at least.

To be honest though we run into this every time we get a new plugin out and it becomes an increasingly difficult errand to come up with bundles that will work. So we're trying to do this version as a trial basically throughout the MM period, and we'll see where it goes from there. Without a complete my bundle thing offered by RS themselves though, there is little we can do to fix things.

• Information