Reason 12 is coming!

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
mravdirato

17 May 2021

Arrant
Competition Winner

17 May 2021

Finally!

Release date: "End of summer", features rolled out successively even before that for R+ subscribers.

Feature list includes:
- New creative sampler device
- Updated combinator, user customizable
- Streamlined browser workflow
- Hi resolution graphics, including zoom

That's an easy upgrade for me :D :D :clap: :clap:

dan_g

17 May 2021

that maybe the next update from 10 for me
:reason: :record: :re: :refill: :ignition: - 12 - Hobbyist
minimal techno - deep minimal dubstep - drum 'n' bass/neurofunk - brostep/deathstep - band recording

New Release: https://open.spotify.com/track/5mQ1XEQtZcVeFVfZvcS5kw

Faastwalker

17 May 2021

Wow! This is sounding excellent already. Did I hear correctly that hi-res will work for ALL devices from day 1? That's amazing! Sold to me .....

.... actually, already bought as a Reason+ subscriber. R12 is making it sound like I made the right move despite my initial reluctance and dislike of subs. Fuck it! It's Reason :D

MattiasHG
Reason Studios

17 May 2021

I wrote some words here, if you're a sucker for more details: https://www.reasonstudios.com/blog/announcing-reason-12 :)

Leighbeater

17 May 2021

no Suite version this time?

Faastwalker

17 May 2021

MattiasHG wrote:
17 May 2021
I wrote some words here, if you're a sucker for more details: https://www.reasonstudios.com/blog/announcing-reason-12 :)
Sounds amazing. A new sampler, updated Combinator and hi-res graphics have all been strongly requested for some time. This is going to be epic!

deeplink
Competition Winner

17 May 2021

MattiasHG wrote:
17 May 2021
THANK YOU MATTIAS AND TEAM

The main features highlighted have been a long time request of mine (and I am sure many others).

Thank you for listening, I can't wait to see how your team has implements these features in the 'Reason Way'
Get more Combinators at the deeplink website

MattiasHG
Reason Studios

17 May 2021

Leighbeater wrote:
17 May 2021
no Suite version this time?
No, Reason Suite is discontinued. If you have Reason 11 Suite you can of course still upgrade to Reason 12 for the regular upgrade price and you keep all your REs.

ECHLN

17 May 2021

Really looking forward to this!

madmacman

17 May 2021

@Mattias: for the sake of clarification:

If I *already* have R11 full version (and nothing else), is it still possible to buy an R11 "upgrade" and register it in order to get R12? Or shall I buy & wait, and register it after September 1st?

sonicbyte

17 May 2021

Love the new features, really, no intentions to troll... but no word about improvements in the sequencer ?

Thanks

Krell

17 May 2021

Sounds fantastic, particularly the high-res update which has been my No.1 bugbear. New sampler sounds right up my street also.

Only (possible) downer is it seems that the sequencer has now been 'parked'.. unless of course that stuff just hasn't been announced?
Reason 12 // Bitwig 4 // Live 11 // Logic Pro X // Fabfilter // Soundtoys // Arturia // Vintage Hardware

deeplink
Competition Winner

17 May 2021

MattiasHG wrote:
17 May 2021
Out of interest, are you in a position to clarify;

Will the "overhauled" Combinator be a separate device?
And will it be able to open existing .CMB patches?
Get more Combinators at the deeplink website

MattiasHG
Reason Studios

17 May 2021

madmacman wrote:
17 May 2021
@Mattias: for the sake of clarification:

If I *already* have R11 full version (and nothing else), is it still possible to buy an R11 "upgrade" and register it in order to get R12? Or shall I buy & wait, and register it after September 1st?
If you already have Reason 11, you can't upgrade to Reason 11 again. You can wait for Reason 12 to be released and register an upgrade at that point, same as we've done it in the past, or (if you're so inclined) jump on the yearly Reason+ plan which is currently 30% off.

Ottostrom

17 May 2021

A bit sad to see no mention of sequencer improvements but all of the announced features are also highly requested so I guess you can't feel too cheated.

MattiasHG
Reason Studios

17 May 2021

deeplink wrote:
17 May 2021
MattiasHG wrote:
17 May 2021

It will depend on the question as we're still developing, but the Combinator will be an updated version of the same device. It can open existing patches but new patches are not backwards compatible.

VIVIsect

17 May 2021

I've been saying forever that Reason desperately needs an updated, modern sampler. Glad to see that's finally on the way! Excited to hear about the new Combinator and browser features, as well.

epoch

17 May 2021

MattiasHG wrote:
17 May 2021
Mattias, given OS X El Capitan is getting long in the tooth now, I was wondering if Reason 12 will still support it or if the macOS system requirement will be higher this time round?

Are you in a position to let us know at this point in development?

tallguy

17 May 2021

Combinator with a customisable interface! Wow, I hope you guys nail this one

Biolumin3sc3nt

17 May 2021

this sounds awesome - can't wait for the new combinator

Tinnitus

17 May 2021

MattiasHG wrote:
17 May 2021
deeplink wrote:
17 May 2021

It will depend on the question as we're still developing, but the Combinator will be an updated version of the same device. It can open existing patches but new patches are not backwards compatible.
Great new features and thanks for coming on here to answer questions. It would be great if there was a way to differentiate old v11 and prior combinators from the new ( different suffix such as cmb2 or cmb12 for example?).

Heigen5

17 May 2021

Cool one RS Team! An updated combi was what I hoped for and the rest features seem like very interesting too. I already jumped to R+ so I don't even have to pay any money for almost a year! Thank You!

chimp_spanner

17 May 2021

Really exciting! I hope the new sampler has auto slicing. Currently I have to use the whole Kong + Nurse Rex + Chunk Trigger thing and it's a bit of a pain if I wanna just chuck samples in and start slicing. And they don't get time stretched. So fingers crossed!

Great news about the customisable Combi interface. Any time I tried to imagine what Combi 2 would look like I was thinking firmly within the hardware paradigm like, it has to have x amount of this or that control and cover most of what you might need. But custom UI is really the way to go.

Interested to see which of these new features comes to R+ first though. Cos I don't fancy waiting until September to get my hands on the new devices ;)

avasopht
Competition Winner

17 May 2021

cool, the browser search is finally being fixed.

sounds like this could be the biggest upgrades since v7

• Information