Breakout Jacks (-jacks (-jacks (-jacks (-jacks ( ... ))))

Have an urge to learn, or a calling to teach? Want to share some useful Youtube videos? Do it here!
Territan

21 Jan 2015

Have you tried plugging an effect into the Breakout Jacks?

For the seven or eight people who probably haven't tried them yet, they're the effect jacks on the back of the Echo, next to the main audio in and out jacks.

If you plug an effect or effect chain into those, any echoes that the Echo generates will pass through that device or chain.

If you want to experiment with them for the first time, I'd recommend turning Time up and Feedback down first. Increasing the Time means you'll hear the echoes more clearly. And the Feedback knob? Hoo boy, can that make a mess of things! Increasing the Feedback increases the signal flow into the feedback loop, which means that whatever effect you're applying will be applied to the signal multiple times. Scream or Pulveriser will quickly pound your sound into sonic pemican.

The easiest way to control that chaos? Look to the Trigger and Roll modes. Releasing the button or the lever will kill any feedback in addition to stopping the Echo's echo.

If you've used the Breakout Jacks successfully, why not post your success story below?
-This space intentionally left apathetic-

BPGeez

21 Jan 2015

Yeah, those are pretty cool! Have you tried the ones on the back of Kong? Pretty similar idea, but the breakouts are hard wired to the "Bus Fx" (Meaning you can dial the effect in to different pads in Kong). If no effect module is loaded into the "Bus Fx", this effectively works as an additional aux send. Pretty dope my man.
Reason is my girlfriend. Sometimes she mistreats me, but I still love her.

Checkout my tunes made with Reason: https://soundcloud.com/geez-musicals

Olivier

22 Jan 2015

Yeah, we just had a thread on the old PUF about that.
Someone suggested to put synchronous in the breakout loop (thanks for that). Its an awesome idea that i've had loads of usefull fun with.
Until then i usually put the ART in the breakout loop for coloring.
:reason: V9 | i7 5930 | Motu 828 MK3 | Win 10

dvdrtldg

23 Jan 2015

Someone on the old forums suggested sticking Neutron in the breakout loop, and I've been liking that a LOT. Graindad is also fun.

Emian

23 Jan 2015

eauhm wrote:Yeah, we just had a thread on the old PUF about that.
Someone suggested to put synchronous in the breakout loop (thanks for that). Its an awesome idea that i've had loads of usefull fun with.
Until then i usually put the ART in the breakout loop for coloring.

i believe that was me, & you're wellcome.

yea synchronous is cool on the breakout loop. the stuttering patches do awesome. i did a remix for Lunesis where i stumbled on that idea, i used a synchronous followed by an Echobode on the breakout loop, on the vocals, you can hear very clear what it does :

i think polar could be cool too, should give that a try ....

Cheers !

Jan

"i might be established, but i'll never be establishement "
- Dave Clarke -www.soundcloud.com/emian

• Information