Which DAWs do you know very well?

This forum is for anything not Reason related, if you just want to talk about other stuff. Please keep it friendly!
The_Real_DeanC2000

16 May 2021

I ask this question because I've recently decided to downsize and concentrate on one or 2 DAWs as my main tools. So I know Reason the best at this point as I've worked with it for a good 10 years now. 2nd place has to go to REAPER as it's the 2nd DAW I used the most, and it has a lot of options to customize work flow.

In terms of the rest, Cakewalk by Bandlab probably 3rd because I spent a good year just trying to learn it recently. I don't know why. I guess I saw it as a challenge, and I wasn't going to give up until I learned it pretty well. Then 4th Studio One.

What about you guys?

PhillipOrdonez

16 May 2021

Reason then live

R303

16 May 2021

I started with Reason, then Ableton Live 9 for VST, but I didn't like it that much (the permanent references to the session view, the track information on the right, clarity, the horizontal effect chains, grabbing of clips, non-detachable areas etc.).

As an alternative a short time later Studio One and honestly... it's awesome (for me).

orthodox
RE Developer

16 May 2021

1) Reason
2) Cakewalk, I know it well enough, but I use it only for mixing
3) Ableton, I used it occasionally only because it's my brother's daw of choice, I don't have it

raymondh

16 May 2021

Reason, then Reaper.

Used to use FL Studio and Tracktion but it's been years now...

Ahornberg

16 May 2021

Bitwig and VCV (can also bsed like a DAW).

dvdrtldg

28 May 2021

Reason and WaveLab, that's it. Everything I need right there

lecafard

29 May 2021

Bitwig, has everything I need.

motuscott

29 May 2021

Reason, then Reason.
Time to put on the Reaper Hat and dive in...
Reason ain't going to accommodate me, sequencer wise but I love it and have a buttload invested in REs, compressors, amp sims, synths, players.
and of course my much loved and extremely forgiving Reason Fam...
dammit, I'm trying

I'm old
Who’s using the royal plural now baby? 🧂

aeox
Competition Winner

29 May 2021

I'm not sure if I even know Reason very well yet. Forget about all the others! :D

guitfnky

29 May 2021

I kinda wish I knew Reaper. if there were a service where you could pay someone to translate all your current DAW’s shortcuts into Reaper so you didn’t have to figure out how to customize that all on your own, that would be amazing. 😅
I write good music for good people

https://slowrobot.bandcamp.com/

gullum

29 May 2021

There are other DAW's out there?

I been on reason since 2006 before that Nuendo the some that no longer exist
Midisoft Session needed to put in notes with a mouse
Voyetra Digital Orchestrator Pro was the first where I could record audio on my PC
Then I got Ensoniq Paris is a dam shame it was abandoned.
Of the newer DAW's I have tried live and logic pro but I just love the way reason works for me. SO as long as reason don't change the way it is fundamentally I will have no interest in any other DAW

willy_dinglefinger

30 May 2021

Renoise and Reason.

Reaper too I suppose, that was my primary DAW until 2020. Also have a fair bit of experience with Ardour, Cubase and Logic.

But end of last year I bought Renoise and it stole my heart and I've since become very familiar with it.
Hypernormalise forum signatures :reason:

Ahornberg

30 May 2021

Renoise is great!

paulred67

30 May 2021

Not very well, but I'm getting better in Studio One since I've stopped using Reason as a DAW. And it's awesome. I also try to learn Cakewalk - just out of curiosity.
Studio One 6, Melodyne 5 Studio, Nord Stage, Roland RD-88, VR-730, Jupiter-Xm, JD-08, Arturia V Collection X, Pigments 5, Korg Collection 3, East West Cloud, Sampletank 4, Miroslav Philharmonic 2, Syntronik, Sampletron, Hammond B-3X, Blue 3, Pianoteq.

fullforce

30 May 2021

Protracker 2. I could program that thing with my eyes closed.
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit.

challism

30 May 2021

[love letter to Reason]

My first DAW was Cakewalk (way back in the 90s). I think I spent $100 on it at CompUSA because it was the choice. I really liked it. I also started using FruityLoops. In the year 2000, when I was introduced to Reason v1, I never looked back! I immediately fell in love. I stopped using all other DAWs and became 100% Reason user. It was quite cumbersome in those early days because I had to do all my audio recording outside of Reason and then import. I was ecstatic when Record came out.

Fastforward to today. I haven't used another DAW for about 2 decades now. But I recently installed Cakewalk by Bandlab and Reaper (for the sole purpose of testing the R12 RRP) and I honestly can't stand either of them. I don't think I can really use any other DAW. I feel so claustrophobic and uninspired. Part of the reason I'm hating it is because I'm happy with Reason and have been using it for 2 decades. I can immediately open it up and start creating. It is so inspiring. I find it a chore to have to learn a new DAW when I already know and love this one, inside and out. But given they have changed the logo, I'm so happy that I never got a Reason tattoo.

[/love letter to Reason]
Players are to MIDI what synthesizers are to waveforms.

ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

motuscott

30 May 2021

I started using Reason as a bank of synths in Dig Performer, now as a rack of gear in Reaper, full circle.
I hope
Who’s using the royal plural now baby? 🧂

• Information