3 songs

This forum is for sharing your Reason creations with the rest of the community. If you post a song expecting feedback please take time to leave some for others.
Forum rules
Remember to begin your thread subject with a genre, ie.: (Hiphop) New instrumental
EdwardKiy

03 May 2021

I've said a bunch of too-honest stuff about other people's work because I don't think criticism should be taken personally. In this regard I hope for reciprocity.

these are the three that are finished but unsold so far. First one is in english, 2nd in russian, 3rd in ukrainian. I would like to hear your harshest freestyle criticism. Thanks.

zoidkirb

04 May 2021

Very good. Vocals have a legit pop sensibility, especially on track 1 which was the best and poppiest track. Nice synthwork on track 2 though.
Track 1 if I would suggest anything more would be maybe a little bit of sleazy guitar playing just to really set it off .

Skimrok

04 May 2021

song 1

music is good but vocal is unpolished maybe that's your aim

song 2
much better vocal I like this one alround

song 3
good mellow tune and vocal is nice
12 with 11 Suite :reason:/ Akai Mini Mk3 / MPD218 /Eve SC207 Monitors / Mrs10 Sub / Motu M2 / Zen Can

Tiny Montgomery

04 May 2021

First one is the best as far as arrangement and catchiness goes, its good. The others are also very nice but more album track /EP filler compared to first.

You have a good voice for leftfield pop (if this is you singing!) and I like the uncluttered and deliberate feel of the arranging.

EdwardKiy

04 May 2021

zoidkirb wrote:
04 May 2021
Skimrok wrote:
04 May 2021
Tiny Montgomery wrote:
04 May 2021
Thank you for taking the time to listen through and for sharing your thoughts guys, much appreciated!

Skimrok wrote:
04 May 2021
song 1

music is good but vocal is unpolished maybe that's your aim
Nope that's just something for me to work on. You mean unpolished as in under-processed or me missing notes? I don't pitch-edit my stuff anymore, I just sing until I get the right take. Working on this song for too long gave me bias. Could you point me to where it is iffy or is it the all-around processing?
Tiny Montgomery wrote:
04 May 2021
First one is the best as far as arrangement and catchiness goes, its good. The others are also very nice but more album track /EP filler compared to first.

You have a good voice for leftfield pop (if this is you singing!) and I like the uncluttered and deliberate feel of the arranging.
Why thank you, the first one was my latest chronologically! And yes, that's me singing.
zoidkirb wrote:
04 May 2021
Track 1 if I would suggest anything more would be maybe a little bit of sleazy guitar playing just to really set it off .
interesting. I'll play around with it, but I can only simulate a guitar with my midi keyboard ;/

FHtH

04 May 2021

I liked almost everything except the vocals in the first song. I can not explain that to me there is not hooked me. But I really liked the third song.

Tiny Montgomery

04 May 2021

I think you'd get a lot out of listening to Miike Snow if you don't already. Good combo of quirky with pop sensibility & great production & vocals. They wrote a lot of hits for others too.

EdwardKiy

04 May 2021

FHtH wrote:
04 May 2021
I liked almost everything except the vocals in the first song. I can not explain that to me there is not hooked me. But I really liked the third song.
Thanks for telling me about the vocals. Something is definitely off there. The more I listen, the choppier the flow sounds to me. Teflon Tomb also had some criticism there, with you and skimrok and 2 others that's now too many to let it pass. I'll re-record the whole thing or at least most of it.

EdwardKiy

04 May 2021

Tiny Montgomery wrote:
04 May 2021
I think you'd get a lot out of listening to Miike Snow if you don't already. Good combo of quirky with pop sensibility & great production & vocals. They wrote a lot of hits for others too.
I have somehow missed these guys completely. I have heard the Genghis Khan song before, probably through some link on this forum (maybe it was you?) but it just passed on through at that point. I get it now. Thanks for the reference.

Popey
Competition Winner

04 May 2021

3 interesting pieces. What I would say overall is the quality of the production is really good. 1st song is cool but the vocal could do with some work. It's not bad per se but seems to be the only weak point of the song. Track 2 is brilliant even if I have no idea what it is about as I do not speak the language. Track 3 although well produced isnt my cup of tea but this is personal preference and no indication of quality.

zoidkirb

04 May 2021

Regarding the 'loose' vibe of the vocal in track 1, that's actually what I thought was cool about it!
But you could analyse that looseness and create a sculpted perfect version of that same idea.

Skimrok

05 May 2021

I'm useless in explaining myself I try , the music is good but the vocal is letting it down it just doesn't gel together well,
12 with 11 Suite :reason:/ Akai Mini Mk3 / MPD218 /Eve SC207 Monitors / Mrs10 Sub / Motu M2 / Zen Can

EdwardKiy

06 May 2021

Popey wrote:
04 May 2021
3 interesting pieces. What I would say overall is the quality of the production is really good. 1st song is cool but the vocal could do with some work. It's not bad per se but seems to be the only weak point of the song. Track 2 is brilliant even if I have no idea what it is about as I do not speak the language. Track 3 although well produced isnt my cup of tea but this is personal preference and no indication of quality.
zoidkirb wrote:
04 May 2021
Regarding the 'loose' vibe of the vocal in track 1, that's actually what I thought was cool about it!
But you could analyse that looseness and create a sculpted perfect version of that same idea.
Skimrok wrote:
05 May 2021
I'm useless in explaining myself I try , the music is good but the vocal is letting it down it just doesn't gel together well,
thank you, gents! Hear you loud and clear.

raymondh

07 May 2021

Very nice tracks. Intereresting variety in style.

The first track has that "lounge" Steely Dan feel. Very cool.

Тебя Бы has a fantastic bassline, really funky. I think I like this one the most personally.

The 3rd track is very nice, but a bit less edgy. Reminds me more of "I just called to say I love you" Stevie Wonder.

teddymcw

07 May 2021

Wow, really cool stuff. Track 2 has got to be my fav, the groove and space intertwined with intent vocals is awesome. Track 3 ha some great elements for me but it's not quite catching me with it's groove as maybe it could be, maybe that's just me.

modecca

10 May 2021

EdwardKiy wrote:
03 May 2021
I've said a bunch of too-honest stuff about other people's work because I don't think criticism should be taken personally. In this regard I hope for reciprocity.

🔗💥

Auryn

14 May 2021

oh damn what happened to the songs? I still wanted to reply to these tracks but I hadn't made up my mind yet fully. I liked the 2nd song the best, and wanted to say to work on the drum arrangement a bit because it's just beat on/beat off atm

also the style reminded me a little bit of The Notwist, but less emo

modecca wrote:
10 May 2021
video
Also: Hey TT, como estas hombre?
~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-
Quixotic Sound Design: http://www.quixoticsounddesign.com
Europandemonium Refill: https://gumroad.com/l/YxIGB

modecca

14 May 2021

Auryn wrote:
14 May 2021

Also: Hey TT, como estas hombre?
[removed: "laying with goats" is not acceptable on this forum]
🔗💥

Auryn

14 May 2021

I saw the message but didn't really understand it, I more more less thought the Europandemonium project was over after all the tracks we did...? I do have an interest in philosophical debates but that's neither here nor there...?

Anyway, pointless derail... I sent you an email to your yahoo address.
~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-
Quixotic Sound Design: http://www.quixoticsounddesign.com
Europandemonium Refill: https://gumroad.com/l/YxIGB

EdwardKiy

15 May 2021

Auryn wrote:
14 May 2021
oh damn what happened to the songs? I still wanted to reply to these tracks but I hadn't made up my mind yet fully. I liked the 2nd song the best, and wanted to say to work on the drum arrangement a bit because it's just beat on/beat off atm

also the style reminded me a little bit of The Notwist, but less emo
Hey, thanks for the input! Sorry about that, took them down because I'm working on the new version of №1 and I was paranoid that the Queen of England could hear my old un-refined version, should she accidently visit my soundcloud, I guess. Wasn't expecting any more comments as the thread went down the page. Cool reference too, haven't heard that one!

• Information