May Madness 2021?

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
madmacman

13 May 2021

joeyluck wrote:
13 May 2021

Do they mean 30% off of EVERYTHING in the shop? Does that mean at least 30% off?
When I read it on Twitter, I thought they would only speak for themselves. Now I’m not sure. :?

Bes
Competition Winner

13 May 2021

surely they are only talking about RS products
- Certified Reason expert

challism

13 May 2021

joeyluck wrote:
13 May 2021
Noise wrote:
13 May 2021
From the instagram post:

Do they mean 30% off of EVERYTHING in the shop? Does that mean at least 30% off?
"30% off everything" kind of hard to argue with the meaning of this, right? I mean, everything means just that... everything. Perhaps they should have used as asterisk and a footnote. Because I don't see how they can force developers to give a 30% discount, especially the developers who have opted out of such things. I'm going to guess that the language used in the ad was an oversight and 30% is meant for RS brand products only, not the whole shop.

Either way... you guys finally get your crack at Algoritm for 30% off.

x.JPG
x.JPG (169.1 KiB) Viewed 4153 times
Players are to MIDI what synthesizers are to waveforms.

ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

eusti

13 May 2021

challism wrote:
13 May 2021
Either way... you guys finally get your crack at Algoritm for 30% off.
Was thinking to pick up Algoritm at 50% off... Now I'm not sure...
I guess I'm a cheap skate... ;)

D.

Nerveclinic

13 May 2021

Noise wrote:
13 May 2021
From the instagram post:
It's nearly that time of year on the Reason calendar again. May Madness is coming! This is a sale you're not going to want to miss, starting on May 17th ending on May 31st. With 30% off everything, it's time to stock up on all the things you've been wanting to get your hands on
Nice Catch!

bidaar

14 May 2021

joeyluck wrote:
13 May 2021
Noise wrote:
13 May 2021
From the instagram post:

thats what I was thinking :)) I think thats the minimun but some other devs can decide to go further .
Reason 11 Suite l FL Studio l Leaning Ableton n Bitwig l Windows 10 64bit
Trying and Learning to be a : Hip-Hop / Trap , Electronic & Experimental Producer l Mixing Engineer

dvdrtldg

14 May 2021

... including license upgrade?

DaveyG

14 May 2021

bidaar wrote:
14 May 2021
joeyluck wrote:
13 May 2021

thats what I was thinking :)) I think thats the minimun but some other devs can decide to go further .
Based on RS's loose usage of words on previous occasions I fear you may be disappointed! But I guess we'll find out next week. :D

bidaar

14 May 2021

DaveyG wrote:
14 May 2021
bidaar wrote:
14 May 2021

Based on RS's loose usage of words on previous occasions I fear you may be disappointed! But I guess we'll find out next week. :D
hahahaha I feel you , tbh everything and and everyone keep telling dont spend your money on anything anymore because I have so many REs and vsts and plugins but idk why I have a certain love and sickness ( ? ) :D to keeo diggin new REs and buy em lmao .
and another thing is if you check the shop deals you can always see that there REs on sale a lot more thant 30 percent so I dont think MM would be any different . but we will see .
Trying and Learning to be a : Hip-Hop / Trap , Electronic & Experimental Producer l Mixing Engineer

Yonatan

14 May 2021

30% off on (overpriced RE´s), will still not tempt me when soon a new upgrade is coming closer.

Maybe at least 30% off the subscription service?

bidaar

14 May 2021

its too bad I lost the deadline on 50% Reason+ Subscription too :( I could have a year with like 100 euros but its gone now cause it was untill the end of april

Yonatan

14 May 2021

bidaar wrote:
14 May 2021
its too bad I lost the deadline on 50% Reason+ Subscription too :( I could have a year with like 100 euros but its gone now cause it was untill the end of april
You are surely not alone in this. Same here, but I kind of did hang on the fence same day but decided to not go with the temptation. I wanted to know more about what new upgrade would bring except high resolution, and if it is wise to go perpetual or upgrade. I am quite sure RS knows we are quite a few in similar position, and so I would not be surprised to see a 50% once more deal along the road. I have R11 suite and then the subscription model is not such a catch. Many users, I believe, is in a little limbo, waiting to find out more where RS is going with their plans.

DaveyG

14 May 2021

Yonatan wrote:
14 May 2021
bidaar wrote:
14 May 2021
You are surely not alone in this. Same here, but I kind of did hang on the fence same day but decided to not go with the temptation. I wanted to know more about what new upgrade would bring except high resolution, and if it is wise to go perpetual or upgrade. I am quite sure RS knows we are quite a few in similar position, and so I would not be surprised to see a 50% once more deal along the road. I have R11 suite and then the subscription model is not such a catch. Many users, I believe, is in a little limbo, waiting to find out more where RS is going with their plans.
I think the full price has been set deliberately high so they can offer regular "bargain" prices. So I expect big discounts two or three times per year. Of course, there will probably not be such a discount on the 1 year anniversary of the R+ launch!

guitfnky

14 May 2021

I hope they don’t offer regular discounts for R+. hit would suck to start a subscription at $20, only for it to go on sale for a year for $x the next month—and you don’t find out there was a sale until afterwards (or ever).

I still think $20 a month isn’t close to worth it (as much as I love Reason)—I’d love for them to price it at $10 a month, though I very much doubt they ever would.
I write music for good people

https://slowrobot.bandcamp.com/

bidaar

14 May 2021

Yonatan wrote:
14 May 2021
bidaar wrote:
14 May 2021
Thats exactly where Im standing too ! EventhoughI could do it some how , I wasnt sure how much value is gonna be provided , because I have 11 suite too ! And lots of other REs and vst/plugins ! It gotta he a lot I mean a lot of value to convince someone like us suite users so we gotta wait untill the package gets so big that we couldnt resist it !

tc13

14 May 2021

guitfnky wrote:
14 May 2021
I hope they don’t offer regular discounts for R+. hit would suck to start a subscription at $20, only for it to go on sale for a year for $x the next month—and you don’t find out there was a sale until afterwards (or ever).

I still think $20 a month isn’t close to worth it (as much as I love Reason)—I’d love for them to price it at $10 a month, though I very much doubt they ever would.
Not much to do with may madness...

But $10 a month? I pay $14.99/month for World of Warcraft (and then Netflix and a bunch of other monthly services). I own regular R11 so for me Reason+ is a bargain. I pay for a month or two when I feel like I need the extra RE's, the rest of the time I have Reason and all the rack extensions I have bought. Best of both worlds really!

And I really hate how it is all down to sales, black friday, may madness, christmas specials...

guitfnky

14 May 2021

tc13 wrote:
14 May 2021
guitfnky wrote:
14 May 2021

Not much to do with may madness...

But $10 a month? I pay $14.99/month for World of Warcraft (and then Netflix and a bunch of other monthly services). I own regular R11 so for me Reason+ is a bargain. I pay for a month or two when I feel like I need the extra RE's, the rest of the time I have Reason and all the rack extensions I have bought. Best of both worlds really!

And I really hate how it is all down to sales, black friday, may madness, christmas specials...
yeah, $20 is great for some people, but for me, there are way better options out there in the DAW world (and again, I love Reason). I’m not a fan of subscriptions in the first place, but I can set aside $240 a year for much more important things.

strangers
Competition Winner

16 May 2021

Looks like the sale has already begun.

bidaar

16 May 2021

strangers wrote:
16 May 2021
Looks like the sale has already begun.
Yes ! Im hyped ! but I only have around 150 euro and theres so many good stuff to buy :o :cry: :( :( :cry:

madwurmz

16 May 2021

Reason 11 Upgrade May Madness - Save 30% - Upgrade to Reason 12 included

https://www.reasonstudios.com/shop/prod ... 1-upgrade/

this is great, I want to spend money now , yet a bit confusing because I was just calculating and want to buy the Suite that's still on sale here viewtopic.php?f=4&t=7523068
madwurmz from planet verbs

Bes
Competition Winner

16 May 2021

upgrade to R12 included? thats heckn tricksy cos we don't know whats in R12 yet but i probably still will anyway

guitfnky

16 May 2021

yeah, that’s weird, not knowing what’s in 12 yet. still likely to pull the trigger since I do want to get the 4k upgrade, but I hope this means they’ll be making an announcement soon (perhaps this week?).

they probably won’t, but it would be awesome if they did.

madwurmz

16 May 2021

he's calling it End of the World Sale :lol: made me not think twice
from the buttons design you can already tell this is cool :cool:

https://www.reasonstudios.com/shop/rack ... nthesizer/
madwurmz from planet verbs

eusti

16 May 2021

Bes wrote:
16 May 2021
upgrade to R12 included? thats heckn tricksy cos we don't know whats in R12 yet but i probably still will anyway
Wondering if I could by it... No idea what is included in 12, but although I have already upgraded to 11 I’d get the upgrade for $ 90... Pretty sweet deal... Of course only if there is more to 12 than HiRez. 😜

Bes
Competition Winner

16 May 2021

i've got a feeling now that R12 is going to be DAW updates only and any extra devices they are working on will be purchasable separately (or included in R+ of course)

i'm expecting an announcement today but we'll just have to wait

• Information