Static Cling - AutoLatch MIDI Gate

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
challism

13 May 2021

bidaar wrote:
11 May 2021
challism wrote:
11 May 2021

external-content.duckduckgo.jpg
Right now or whenever it begins ? I personally wouldnt mind do it right now too because it could be a heads up . also please read my previous comment I listed my players and I bought Auto Latch !
Looks like there's already a thread going about MM: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=7523087

That's great you bought AutoLatch. Are you having fun with it?

So the way players work is from the top down. MIDI notes played live or sent from Reason's sequencer are sent from the top of the player stack and they work their way down to the instrument. So any notes coming from the sequencer (or live keyboard) will pass thru AutoLatch, thus their gate length will be affected by AutoLatch, as will any additional players placed above AutoLatch.

If you want to skip some notes over AutoLatch, you can do that with the use of MIDI CV Converter. and Le Note's Note Receive (free player).

Here's a Combi I just threw together that will show you a few things....
AL.zip
(23.48 KiB) Downloaded 47 times
Players are to MIDI what synthesizers are to waveforms.

ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

bidaar

13 May 2021

challism wrote:
13 May 2021
bidaar wrote:
11 May 2021

Right now or whenever it begins ? I personally wouldnt mind do it right now too because it could be a heads up . also please read my previous comment I listed my players and I bought Auto Latch !

So the way players work is from the top down. MIDI notes played live or sent from Reason's sequencer are sent from the top of the player stack and they work their way down to the instrument. So any notes coming from the sequencer (or live keyboard) will pass thru AutoLatch, thus their gate length will be affected by AutoLatch, as will any additional players placed above AutoLatch.

If you want to skip some notes over AutoLatch, you can do that with the use of MIDI CV Converter. and Le Note's Note Receive (free player).

AL.zip
Yeah I made a topic too idk if it was unsuccsessful or someone deleted it because it was already one . but anyways thanks .
about auto latch I couldnt play with it because I had a project to finish with a deadline , it just got finished , now I gotta jump in and play with it , and thanks a lot for the patch you made and your explanation I appreciate it ! imma check it out .
Reason 11 Suite l FL Studio l Leaning Ableton n Bitwig l Windows 10 64bit
Trying and Learning to be a : Hip-Hop / Trap , Electronic & Experimental Producer l Mixing Engineer

challism

13 May 2021

bidaar wrote:
13 May 2021
challism wrote:
13 May 2021

AL.zip
Yeah I made a topic too idk if it was unsuccsessful or someone deleted it because it was already one . but anyways thanks .
about auto latch I couldnt play with it because I had a project to finish with a deadline , it just got finished , now I gotta jump in and play with it , and thanks a lot for the patch you made and your explanation I appreciate it ! imma check it out .
Your topic was merged with the topic that already existed (link in my previous post above).

I find myself using that bypass player trick (using MIDI-CV Converter/Note Received) all the time to jump the MIDI signals over players in the stack and merge them together right before the instrument.

Speaking of other players.... DELTA! There is very little that cannot be done with that player; it's amazing. It's cliche to say, but it really is the Swiss Army Knife of players. As Marcos (Static Cling) has said, AutoLatch was originally part of Delta, but it introduced too many bugs, so he removed it and created it as a standalone device. I think Delta is essential for player lovers: It will likely go on sale during MM. Have you tried Delta yet?
Players are to MIDI what synthesizers are to waveforms.

ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

bidaar

14 May 2021

challism wrote:
13 May 2021
bidaar wrote:
13 May 2021

Your topic was merged with the topic that already existed (link in my previous post above).

I find myself using that bypass player trick (using MIDI-CV Converter/Note Received) all the time to jump the MIDI signals over players in the stack and merge them together right before the instrument.

Speaking of other players.... DELTA! There is very little that cannot be done with that player; it's amazing. It's cliche to say, but it really is the Swiss Army Knife of players. As Marcos (Static Cling) has said, AutoLatch was originally part of Delta, but it introduced too many bugs, so he removed it and created it as a standalone device. I think Delta is essential for player lovers: It will likely go on sale during MM. Have you tried Delta yet?
Yeah at the last MM I watched deltas videos and trialed it but I think i couldnt use the trial that much , but I know thats a special Player and its the staple of Static Cling REs I gotta look into and see if I have a trial ( which I dont think so ) and then if I saw that in this years MM I probably will just grab it .
Trying and Learning to be a : Hip-Hop / Trap , Electronic & Experimental Producer l Mixing Engineer

bidaar

16 May 2021

challism wrote:
13 May 2021
bidaar wrote:
13 May 2021

yo ! I can now push the button and buy Delta ! but there are so many other great REs right now on sale too ! would you say this one is a no brainer ? because it looks like it ... I love player ... I love modular stuff ... and you were saying this one is a must along with so many other users

• Information