FabFilter Timeless 3

Discuss VST stuff here!
BRIGGS

07 May 2021

There's always room for another delay! :puf_smile:
r11s

Loque

07 May 2021

It's a quite good delay, but the usability is pretty bad compared to the other FabFilter stuff. I hope they improve it.
Reason12, Win10

BRIGGS

07 May 2021

Loque wrote:
07 May 2021
It's a quite good delay, but the usability is pretty bad compared to the other FabFilter stuff. I hope they improve it.
I'll wait till it's out, before deciding. :lol: Or, do you mean timeless 2?
r11s

Loque

07 May 2021

BRIGGS wrote:
07 May 2021
Loque wrote:
07 May 2021
Yea, i meant the current version.
Reason12, Win10

BRIGGS

07 May 2021

Loque wrote:
07 May 2021
BRIGGS wrote:
07 May 2021

Yea, i meant the current version.
If it's anything like Saturn 2, with the visual modulation feedback, it should be good. :puf_smile:
r11s

EdGrip

08 May 2021

I always think I can't justify Fabfilter stuff because it's all relatively expensive and I'm only a hobbyist. I wonder how many people think the same.
I'm sure they have much cleverer people than me deciding how to price their products, but I also think if they cut all their prices by a third, they'd be the default plugins.

Loque

08 May 2021

EdGrip wrote:
08 May 2021
I always think I can't justify Fabfilter stuff because it's all relatively expensive and I'm only a hobbyist. I wonder how many people think the same.
I'm sure they have much cleverer people than me deciding how to price their products, but I also think if they cut all their prices by a third, they'd be the default plugins.
Yes, they are pricey, but the quality is excellent. Stable, fast, easy to use and the whole package is just a few MB.

I got it 40% off, which was the lowest i ever seen. Looking back, i should better have invested directly in high quality instead of a lot of mediocre stuff. But i just now know this with more experience what is better, so...

Clearly the top stuff from FabFilter is the EQ. The compressors, limiter, reverb, Saturn and Gate are very good too.
Reason12, Win10

Loque

10 May 2021

So...its out:
https://www.fabfilter.com/products/time ... ay-plug-in

The question is, when is the next FabFilter sale?
Reason12, Win10

BRIGGS

10 May 2021

Loque wrote:
10 May 2021
So...its out:
https://www.fabfilter.com/products/time ... ay-plug-in

The question is, when is the next FabFilter sale?

IKR?
r11s

Loque

10 May 2021

BRIGGS wrote:
10 May 2021
Not so unexpected :clap:

I just wonder, what does such a powerful delay offers, that cannot be done already in Reason? And why does no VST offer a break-out for the feedback loop? Is it too hard or not possible?
Reason12, Win10

danc

10 May 2021

I have all of the FF FX plugins... so my upgrade discount was too tempting and I clicked for £32.

This definitely has all of the hallmarks of the new gold-standard benchmark for delay plugins, just like Pro-Q is for EQs.

It reminds me of the power of Blue Cat's Late Replies, which I have, but with a much more intuitive and immediate interface. You probably can get similar results in Late Replies, but you'd have to spend ages constructing it.

My first play around with Timeless 3 has given me a whole world of subtle and crazy FX that I've not had the privilege to arrive at with such little effort before. A rabbit hole that I will get lost within no doubt.

And no... I don't think this is an overreaction to a new toy. I have lots of delay plugins, but this one makes me feel like I am in control... not just randomly stabbing in the dark.

P.s. I usually like Rob Papen stuff... but his FX do leave a lot to be desired. The new DelSane which came out a few weeks ago is totally dwarfed by Timeless 3.
Last edited by danc on 10 May 2021, edited 1 time in total.
Check my Soundcloud:

EdGrip

10 May 2021

Loque wrote:
10 May 2021
BRIGGS wrote:
10 May 2021

I just wonder, what does such a powerful delay offers, that cannot be done already in Reason? And why does no VST offer a break-out for the feedback loop? Is it too hard or not possible?
I suppose it's offset by the fact that all the other DAWs offer unlimited/more than 8 send/return channels, so you just send the delay to a send channel with whatever you like in it, and then send that back to the delay. Once I got my head around send loops and realised I could put anything in the feedback loop of any delay, I stopped thinking about this feature of The Echo.

Delay is my very favourite effect and having a few is *totally* valid! :D

BRIGGS

10 May 2021

Loque wrote:
10 May 2021
BRIGGS wrote:
10 May 2021

Stuff reason doesn't have...Full screen mode and graphical workflow.

A breakout would be nice. :geek:
r11s

DaveyG

10 May 2021

I've owned Timeless 2 for a good few years now, along with the other FX that came in whatever discounted bundle I bought. I can't say I've ever really used it apart from when I first got it. Once the initial excitement was over I've only really used the EQ and compressor (both excellent) from the bundle. For me, Timeless sums up the downside of software plugins - that tendency to throw lots of extra stuff in for "free". When I reach for a delay I want a delay, with all the necessary controls and nothing more. I know some of you love all the complexity and stuff but, when it comes to FX, I like things simple and effective.

BRIGGS

10 May 2021

DaveyG wrote:
10 May 2021
I know some of you love all the complexity and stuff but, when it comes to FX, I like things simple and effective.
It depends on which hat I'm wearing, at the time. For writing songs, I go with "simple and effective".

However, if I'm down the rabbit hole, doing sound design. I like a streamlined workflow with plenty of options.
r11s

chaosroyale

10 May 2021

As usual, Fabfilters GUI allows for some very easy editing and clever tricks, the "tap" section looks better than any I have seen. I'm sure this will be a really good delay..

But anyone demo-ing it, please also demo Valhalla Delay: my gods it sounds so gorgeous. Very tweakable if you want. And only 50 bucks! Easily the most musically useful delay I have ever used.

If you need the crazy 16 tap section, probably nothing except FF will do, but at least try the Valhalla.

BRIGGS

10 May 2021

chaosroyale wrote:
10 May 2021
As usual, Fabfilters GUI allows for some very easy editing and clever tricks, the "tap" section looks better than any I have seen. I'm sure this will be a really good delay..

But anyone demo-ing it, please also demo Valhalla Delay: my gods it sounds so gorgeous. Very tweakable if you want. And only 50 bucks! Easily the most musically useful delay I have ever used.

If you need the crazy 16 tap section, probably nothing except FF will do, but at least try the Valhalla.
It's nice:

r11s

EdGrip

10 May 2021

Valhalla Delay's still my favourite. But it's very much a "use your ears, not your eyes" device, and he really needs to give it a proper manual rather than dropping useful information about its various modes scattered between blog posts and forum threads. (For instance, the time-dependant brightness of some modes, or the transparent limiter in the clean modes.)

Kalm

11 May 2021

I'll be picking this up as my second FF plugin. Replica has been crashing my S1 sessions as of late and eats my CPU like Thanksgiving so its going to retire for now
Courtesy of The Brew | Watch My Tutorials | Mac Mini Intel i7 Quad-Core | 16 GB RAM | Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB | Reason 11 Suite | Studio One 5 Professional | Presonus Quantum | Komplete Kontrol 49 MK2 | Event Opals | Follow me on Instagram

DaveyG

11 May 2021

BRIGGS wrote:
10 May 2021
DaveyG wrote:
10 May 2021
I know some of you love all the complexity and stuff but, when it comes to FX, I like things simple and effective.
It depends on which hat I'm wearing, at the time. For writing songs, I go with "simple and effective".

However, if I'm down the rabbit hole, doing sound design. I like a streamlined workflow with plenty of options.
You are bang on the money with that. I'm absolutely not a sound designer and I cut my teeth on real hardware so I always gravitate towards FX plugins that do a single job well rather than the ones with lots of bells and whistles. FWIW I like the new look of Timeless 3 but I probably would not upgrade to it even if it was free!

plaamook

11 May 2021

danc wrote:
10 May 2021
I have all of the FF FX plugins... so my upgrade discount was too tempting and I clicked for £32.

...but this one makes me feel like I am in control... not just randomly stabbing in the dark.

Same. I bought Timeless2 for cheap not long ago, out of bordom more than anything, and I was pretty disappointed in it. Still stabbing in the dark as danc said. Half hr in and fars I'm concerned T3 is exactly what you want a delay to be. Surgically precise, transparent, but with enough jazz to get you lost down the rabbit hole if that's where you're heading.
Can you build it in Reason? Prolly. But you can't build the interface.
Fab smashes it again.
I assume there's a Volcano 3 en route soon too. Can't wait.
Perpetual Reason 12 Beta Tester :reason:

You can check out my music here.
https://m.soundcloud.com/ericholmofficial
Or here.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC73uZZ ... 8jqUubzsQg

sdst
Competition Winner

11 May 2021

I need a definite delay, i going try this

I am cleaning all those plugins, stay only with 10 plugins

is a waste of time to have so many of plugins

dezma

11 May 2021

Looks nice

If anyone wants 10% discount just pm you email. (Disclaimer: I get 10€ discount too).

BRIGGS

12 May 2021

this guy:

r11s

plaamook

12 May 2021

BRIGGS wrote:
12 May 2021
this guy:

I don't know why I'm watching this, I just bought the frigger yesterday!
Such a cool plug
Perpetual Reason 12 Beta Tester :reason:

You can check out my music here.
https://m.soundcloud.com/ericholmofficial
Or here.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC73uZZ ... 8jqUubzsQg

• Information