Where to Start

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
Mich01

08 May 2021

Of course there are quit a few tutorials on YT. But to get familiar witt synthezisers, suggest you start with Monotone (monophonic) and Subtractor (polyphonic) first. Take some time to master these two machines and you benefit it in the rest of your 'musical life'. Enjoy!!
greetzzz Michel

Gardinski

11 May 2021

But yeah - if you're still out there, (oh mighty and unknowable one), start with the basics, (ie. Subtractor, for a solid intro to synthesis which can be applied to everything else further down the line), and try not to get dazzled by the myriad of shiny new toys. Lay down a simple drum pattern with Redrum, and then concentrate on building melodies and bass-lines with Subtractor, whilst you familiarise yourself with the fundamental workings of the sequencer itself.

As unsexy as they may look, learning to get the most out of those fundamental tools from the earliest versions of Reason will STILL (arguably) teach you far more than the fancy new players and expensive Rack Extensions, and will give you a rock-solid basis upon which to build.

EnochLight

11 May 2021

* Moderator note: deleted the double post, and let's keep religion out of the thread, please. Thank you!
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

integerpoet

11 May 2021

EnochLight wrote:
11 May 2021
* Moderator note: deleted the double post, and let's keep religion out of the thread, please. Thank you!
Religion? What, did somebody start railing against software subscriptions again? :-)

Creativemind

11 May 2021

Has the guy / person that started this thread contributed since they posted it?
:reason:

Reason Studio's 11.3 / Cockos Reaper 6.82 / Cakewalk By Bandlab / Orion 8.6
http://soundcloud.com/creativemind75/iv ... soul-mix-3

EnochLight

11 May 2021

Creativemind wrote:
11 May 2021
Yeah, at the bottom of the first page - he chimed in a couple of days after he started his thread and thanked everyone for their input. The other 2 pages are just other users keeping the thread alive with suggestions and banter.
integerpoet wrote:
11 May 2021
Religion? What, did somebody start railing against software subscriptions again? :-)
Cute. No, the comment was clearly getting into opinions on religion so the post was removed. Nothing to see here. :thumbup:
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

fullforce

12 May 2021

dledhead wrote:
04 Dec 2020
I'm a photographer not an audio guy. Just downloaded Reason 11. Where to even begin!

So, can some folks direct me to some locations to for the rawest of beginners!?

Thank you,
Dan
First question to you is, what do you want to do?
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit.

fullforce

12 May 2021

Creativemind wrote:
11 May 2021
You're the one to talk! I remember you asking all kinds of obvious crazy questions and never replying to any answers.
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit.

Creativemind

13 May 2021

fullforce wrote:
12 May 2021
Creativemind wrote:
11 May 2021
You're the one to talk! I remember you asking all kinds of obvious crazy questions and never replying to any answers.
I was only asking. Lol!

Obvious Crazy Questions, sounds like a name of a band. Lol!

fullforce

13 May 2021

Creativemind wrote:
13 May 2021
I was only asking. Lol!

That is very true! Good one! :)

Creativemind

13 May 2021

fullforce wrote:
13 May 2021
Creativemind wrote:
13 May 2021
I was only asking. Lol!

That is very true! Good one! :)
Jazz Fusion?

StephenHutchinson

13 May 2021

visheshl wrote:
04 Dec 2020
its a rabbit hole...you don't want to go down it....similarly im an electronic musician and i shouldn't want to go down the rabbit hole of photography...one rabbit hole is enough in a lifetime
Hmmm... I do music production/sound design, headshot and portrait photography, videography, teaching (photography and video) and writing (e-books for photography)... Now there's several rabbit holes you don't want to go down :lol: :lol: :lol:
:reason: Reason User Since Version 1.0
:refill: Reason Sound Design & Content Creation
Sound Dimension https://www.sounddimension.io

ReFiils: Ambientia Cinematic Soundscapes | String Theory (Friktion) | Algoritmo (Algoritm)

• Information