Chaos FX: Boutique FX Vol.3!

Need some fresh sounds? Want to show off your sound design skills? Here's the place!
chaosroyale

04 May 2021

Volume 3 of my "inspired by funky boutique FX pedals" series.

Volumes 1 & 2 won die-hard fans, and some of them requested new effects to take the original device concepts in new directions, or provide completely alternative sound palettes to the earlier effects. Volume 3 contains a couple of devices which are like an alternative multiverse version of things from Vol.1 or 2, but with a freaky, industrial edge. As before, the concept is to give you the feel and sound of fancy boutique pedals and rack effects, all conveniently in native format, without breaking the bank. These combinators have all been tested and used in commercial releases. Not to brag, but users have described these combinators as “like a set of cool rack extensions”. The effects are designed to be dragged-and-dropped in chains like guitar pedals, so you can easily mix up volumes 1-3 to create all kinds of sound colors.

Each set is 15 bucks via a paypal button on the website below.

https://chaosmusick.com/chaosfx/

After purchasing, you will receive a ZIP file with a PDF of the manual, and a folder of .cmb files. (Due to time-zone differences there may be a few hours delay, but you will receive a reply within 1 day)

Here are the threads for Vol.1, you can see some very positive customer reactions. Anyone who hasn't got the early volumes yet - you are missing out!
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=7521040
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=7521802

Example on a plain synth loop > then into "Worn Tape" to add a natural wow & flutter and some warmth, "Glitch Delay" for more interesting artifacts, then a touch of "Epic Reverb" & "XPressor" for intensity and density.

Dry piano loop > Then add Hypnotizer (comb), Paracrusher & Dirty Reverb > Finally add Stutter Chopper and Epic Reverb, using Mod wheel to hold the final reverb decay in a soft feedback loop.

Attachments
ALL boutique fx3.jpg
ALL boutique fx3.jpg (170.81 KiB) Viewed 856 times

Ottostrom

05 May 2021

I'm gonna have to do a deeper dive later but my first impression is that I love X-pressor, Worn Tape and Dirty Reverb :)
I've used Opressor from Vol. 1 a lot lately so its great to get even more options for that colorful compressed sound!

For anyone making more alternative/indie stuff in Reason I can't recommend these FX packs enough. Been using them in everything I've produced this year cause they just give me the sound I want.

chaosroyale

05 May 2021

Here is the kind of thing where "Worn tape" really shines: a retro EBM/synthwave type bassline. Sounds ok but very flat.

Put it into "Dirty Reverb", "Worn Tape" & "X-Pressor". Gradually ramp up the dirty reverb at the end. Use Mod Wheel on "Worn Tape" for a couple of tape-stop/scratch fx. The whole thing comes alive.

Ottostrom

06 May 2021

Made a small demo today using the new pack!

Drums: Paracrusher, X-pressor, Dirty Reverb

Bass: PsychoFuzz, Hypnotizer Lo-Hi

Synth: Vaporwave Radio, X-pressor, Epic Reverb

demt

06 May 2021

I'd get most of these especially vol one except theres nowhere to make them obvious to make me remember to use them.
Reason 12 ,gear4 music sdp3 stage piano .nektar gxp 88,behringer umc1800 .line6 spider4 30
hear scince reason 2.5

Ottostrom

06 May 2021

demt wrote:
06 May 2021
I'd get most of these especially vol one except theres nowhere to make them obvious to make me remember to use them.
You could add them to the browser as a separate folder:

And if you wanna be really tidy you could split all the volumes up into separate fx categories ;)

chaosroyale

07 May 2021

I do a similar thing to Ottostrom: I have a single folder called "Boutique FX" which I put them all in, and I have that as one of my default folders in the Browser.
demt wrote:
06 May 2021

chaosroyale

07 May 2021

ok, that's a little more organized than me - I just put all 30 fx in the same folder! (with a sub-folder for the send-only fx)
Ottostrom wrote:
06 May 2021

And if you wanna be really tidy you could split all the volumes up into separate fx categories ;)

demt

07 May 2021

Erm I think I need a folder with flashing leds to catch my attention unless I start planning to use them soon,I have far to many options and synths and vsts ,praps Isle go the maelstrom 303 ,drummachine option to remind me to use those effects. Oh well.
Reason 12 ,gear4 music sdp3 stage piano .nektar gxp 88,behringer umc1800 .line6 spider4 30
hear scince reason 2.5

• Information