(Hip Hop) IDIOLECT - Subterfuge

This forum is for sharing your Reason creations with the rest of the community. If you post a song expecting feedback please take time to leave some for others.
Forum rules
Remember to begin your thread subject with a genre, ie.: (Hiphop) New instrumental
KLAW

09 Apr 2021

This album was produced in Reason 9, 10 & 11.
Mixed and mastered in Reason 11.
It was started in October of 2016 and completed in March of 2021.

The goal going into this was to avoid samples (aside from some vocal snippets) and to be as original as possible with the music and lyrics.

The list of synths is very long but the
JPS Harmonic Synth is the most used.

The track No Hope is completely CV driven and starts playing the minute the file opens. The arrangement is completely achieved with automation of faders and mutes. No midi notes at all. The only audio is the vocals.

I had to buy a new computer in 2020 because many of the tracks were crashing my old comp.

Delay comp on some tracks was not used because the original file was created in V9. When delay comp was on it messed the whole song up.

I’m really glad Reason has evolved to the point where I am able to produce a full album start to finish. I started my music making with version 3 and have grown along with the program. I look forward to the workflow enhancements like everyone else but until then keep making the most out of what we got. What we got is really amazing. Long live Reason!

Enjoy the album.

IDIOLECT - Subterfuge

AgentElsewhere is skulking in the shadows of parts unknown

Quarmat
Competition Winner

09 Apr 2021

Not my genre at all, but boy it sounds good! Great production. I'm super glad as well to be able to do everything in Reason!

KLAW

09 Apr 2021

[/quote]
Quarmat wrote:
09 Apr 2021
Not my genre at all, but boy it sounds good! Great production. I'm super glad as well to be able to do everything in Reason!
Thanks for listening!

Skimrok

14 Apr 2021

I love a bit scratching , young me was bang at it in the late 80s early 90s now to the track its wicked has a nod to the old with the new , that bit the end is my favourite bit
12 with 11 Suite :reason:/ Akai Mini Mk3 / MPD218 /Eve SC207 Monitors / Mrs10 Sub / Motu M2 / Zen Can

KLAW

16 Apr 2021

Skimrok wrote:
14 Apr 2021
I love a bit scratching , young me was bang at it in the late 80s early 90s now to the track its wicked has a nod to the old with the new , that bit the end is my favourite bit
Thanks for the feedback! DJ Kanga did all the scratches on the album. He is an amazing scratch DJ. The scratches were all done on a porta scratch turntable with 7” scratch records.

ThatKevinHanleyGuy

19 Apr 2021

Man, first of all congrats on completing this album. That's a long, dedicated timeline, and it paid off from what I'm hearing. I've only jumped through the tracks for now, but there is a ton of material with layers of creativity. I'm hearing some throwbacks to old school hip-hop in a good way, brought up to date with touches that are modern and unique, to my ears. I get the idea you also put a lot of thought into the order of songs, something a lot of records overlook in these days of singles. The album in its entirety makes sense and tells a story, the way you've arranged it.

I really look forward to digging into the full record. Here I am Again and Americka really hit the spot for me, personally. Thanks for posting!
soundcloud.com/thatkevinhanleyguy

KLAW

21 Apr 2021

ThatKevinHanleyGuy wrote:
19 Apr 2021
Man, first of all congrats on completing this album. That's a long, dedicated timeline, and it paid off from what I'm hearing. I've only jumped through the tracks for now, but there is a ton of material with layers of creativity. I'm hearing some throwbacks to old school hip-hop in a good way, brought up to date with touches that are modern and unique, to my ears. I get the idea you also put a lot of thought into the order of songs, something a lot of records overlook in these days of singles. The album in its entirety makes sense and tells a story, the way you've arranged it.

I really look forward to digging into the full record. Here I am Again and Americka really hit the spot for me, personally. Thanks for posting!
It definitely feels great to have it completed. We really did try to make it flow energetically from song to song. There were a few track list tweaks but my partner K_Now came up with the main list. His favorite track is Americka. We really appreciate you checking it out and thanks so much for the BC support!

Mistro17

25 Apr 2021

You have some fire tracks in there! I especially liked #7 and #10. I'm from gen X and I miss more harmony and diversity in today's hip hop. Nice work!

Burton

26 Apr 2021

Not my favorite style of music, but it sounds pretty good. I will say that I even listened to the tracks of this artist with pleasure.

KLAW

26 Apr 2021

Mistro17 wrote:
25 Apr 2021
You have some fire tracks in there! I especially liked #7 and #10. I'm from gen X and I miss more harmony and diversity in today's hip hop. Nice work!
Thanks Mistro! We grew up in the 80s and 90s so we come from a time when you wanted to be original and stand out. We went in trying to be as true to our own style as possible. Thanks for listening!

KLAW

26 Apr 2021

Burton wrote:
26 Apr 2021
Not my favorite style of music, but it sounds pretty good. I will say that I even listened to the tracks of this artist with pleasure.
Thanks Burton! Glad you liked it!

Burton

07 May 2021

KLAW wrote:
26 Apr 2021
Burton wrote:
26 Apr 2021
Thanks Burton! Glad you liked it!
It's my pleasure. If I didn't like it, I probably would have just kept silent so as not to offend anyone. Why say negative things about someone else's creativity if it really is creativity? Although, I do not refuse to express a critical judgment when frank delirium comes across. Sorry for the offtopic.

raymondh

07 May 2021

Mostly not my style either, but very impressed with the production! Great job - well done!!

I like the synths in Invasion.
The groove in Arachnids is excellent! I think this is my favourite track.

Congratulations on producing an album of music too!

KLAW

12 May 2021

raymondh wrote:
07 May 2021
Mostly not my style either, but very impressed with the production! Great job - well done!!

I like the synths in Invasion.
The groove in Arachnids is excellent! I think this is my favourite track.

Congratulations on producing an album of music too!
I appreciate the feedback. My friend likes Arachnids the best too. Thanks raymondh!

• Information