(Drum and Bass) Sometimes

This forum is for sharing your Reason creations with the rest of the community. If you post a song expecting feedback please take time to leave some for others.
Forum rules
Remember to begin your thread subject with a genre, ie.: (Hiphop) New instrumental
Popey
Competition Winner

03 May 2021

Sometimes i like chilled melodic drum and bass, Sometimes i like more club oriented rollers.

Sometimes......

Edit: Updated this track. Dec 2021

New Version here:
Last edited by Popey on 04 Dec 2021, edited 2 times in total.

Popey
Competition Winner

04 May 2021

Bump

Sorry attached wrong file before. Note to self dont post music when drunk. Correct file now attached.

EdwardKiy

04 May 2021

Great emotion and detail. Everything is there. It delivers. If there was one thing to criticize, it's (possibly) the snare. Sounds a bit duller than the rest of the track, but I'll give it another go tomorrow - my ears are tired. Can't even tell if it needs more or less processing. It's good as is though. Congratulations!

Skimrok

05 May 2021

I cant pin point it Popey but for some reason the drums are not slamming there is no real punch , but the tune is wicked , man i wish I can tell you want I'm hearing and translate it in text so you can fix it with ease

its like the drums are thin on the bottom hopefully that will help you out
12 with 11 Suite :reason:/ Akai Mini Mk3 / MPD218 /Eve SC207 Monitors / Mrs10 Sub / Motu M2 / Zen Can

Popey
Competition Winner

05 May 2021

EdwardKiy wrote:
04 May 2021
Great emotion and detail. Everything is there. It delivers. If there was one thing to criticize, it's (possibly) the snare. Sounds a bit duller than the rest of the track, but I'll give it another go tomorrow - my ears are tired. Can't even tell if it needs more or less processing. It's good as is though. Congratulations!
Thanks EdwardKiy i appreciate the kind comments. I have since identified a few issues (mainly around the drums thanks to you and skimrok) and tweaked accordingly replacing the soundcloud link with a new version.

Popey
Competition Winner

05 May 2021

Skimrok wrote:
05 May 2021
I cant pin point it Popey but for some reason the drums are not slamming there is no real punch , but the tune is wicked , man i wish I can tell you want I'm hearing and translate it in text so you can fix it with ease

its like the drums are thin on the bottom hopefully that will help you out
Hi Skimrok thanks for listening and the feedback. I think i understand what you are saying and think i have fixed it now. I was a bit heavy handed with the eq on the kick and snare bottom ends. New version now uploaded and appreciate your thoughts.

Popey
Competition Winner

05 May 2021

Updated version thanks to helpful feedback :)

Popey
Competition Winner

07 May 2021

Updated this soundcloud link again after more help from reason talk users (thanks Edwardkiy).

raymondh

07 May 2021

Nice track. Yeah the kick and snare doesn't slam but it doesn't need to either. Have a listen to Confusion by New Order.

Well done!

Skimrok

07 May 2021

Popey put it next to one of your earlier tunes I'm sure you will hear it ? unless its my monitors this end but don't think it is , what's more important if you are happy then move on with another tune, with the statement above i totally disagree with his advice on this matter
12 with 11 Suite :reason:/ Akai Mini Mk3 / MPD218 /Eve SC207 Monitors / Mrs10 Sub / Motu M2 / Zen Can

Skimrok

07 May 2021

here you go buddy A and B against this , the foundations are strong

this is where you are much stronger then my production skills are currently without any doubt, the drums and everything is well excuted , i can hear it in a big way :thumbup:

Popey the main thing is making music needs to be fun :puf_smile:

Rising Night Wave

07 May 2021

Popey wrote:
05 May 2021

i love the main melody - start of the song.
and that pitched pluck/synth is also awesome. - from the start.
only, sorry for saying that: vocals somehow doesnt fit well. the colour of voice is not appropriate. for my taste. sorry again.

about vocals: i will say it like this: you well know when you are composing and finding right preset for synth ... you know well that synths just do not fit together all over it. you need to find the right one. if you are doing with presets. but you know what i mean to say.

that synth bass is also awesome. beautiful clean sub bass with a pinch of vibe. cool. i love it.

song is very beautiful. simple and powerful. energic just the right way. not too long not too short. just the right length.
super overall. i like it. i gave you one like and one repost on SC.

keep with good working. thumbs up.
Rising Night Wave & Extus at SoundCloud
HW: Asus ROG Strix G513QM | Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 3rd Gen | M-Audio M3-8 | M-Audio Uber Mic | Shure SRH1840 | Shure SE215 | LG 49UK6400
SW: Windows 11 Pro | Reason 10 | Reason+

Popey
Competition Winner

07 May 2021

Skimrok wrote:
07 May 2021
Popey put it next to one of your earlier tunes I'm sure you will hear it ? unless its my monitors this end but don't think it is , what's more important if you are happy then move on with another tune, with the statement above i totally disagree with his advice on this matter
Hi skimrok

I do hear what you are saying as after seeing your comment in the car i played my taken track after this one and can hear it clearly. I have tweaked this a bit but only using the master stem and probably need to revisit the actual file with individual tracks. Working on something else right now but this track and a couple of others i do need to properly revisit.

Creating certainly is fun and I love it so don't worry i am not disheartened and like getting constructive feedback as it is super useful.

This is the quick revision but i will look at this properly once i have finished the DNB track i started yesterday. friday nights and weekends are when i have most time to work on stuff and I am really feeling this tune and like to continue with the creativity when i feel this way. Thanks for your feedback and i appreciate you taking the time to help and agree what you are saying :thumbs_up:

Last edited by Popey on 07 May 2021, edited 1 time in total.

Popey
Competition Winner

07 May 2021

Rising Night Wave wrote:
07 May 2021
Popey wrote:
05 May 2021

only, sorry for saying that: vocals somehow doesnt fit well. the colour of voice is not appropriate. for my taste. sorry again.

about vocals: i will say it like this: you well know when you are composing and finding right preset for synth ... you know well that synths just do not fit together all over it. you need to find the right one. if you are doing with presets. but you know what i mean to say.

that synth bass is also awesome. beautiful clean sub bass with a pinch of vibe. cool. i love it.

song is very beautiful. simple and powerful. energic just the right way. not too long not too short. just the right length.

Thanks Rising Night wave. I get what you are saying with the vocal but i quite like i. I tend to make my synth sounds and basses myself which is probably why my tracks seem to go over different genre's but you are correct when making them you know if it is the right wavetable, octave, modulation immediately and that is the same for presets. Dont get me wrong i do sometimes use presets but tend to use them as a starting point when they are close to what i am looking for. I used to get annoyed spending ages looking for what i wanted which is why i spent a lot of time just playing with sythns and understanding what does what.

I am glad you enjoyed it as i certainly enjoy making them and learning :thumbup: .

Rising Night Wave

07 May 2021

Popey wrote:
07 May 2021
Rising Night Wave wrote:
07 May 2021

Thanks Rising Night wave. I get what you are saying with the vocal but i quite like i. I tend to make my synth sounds and basses myself which is probably why my tracks seem to go over different genre's but you are correct when making them you know if it is the right wavetable, octave, modulation immediately and that is the same for presets. Dont get me wrong i do sometimes use presets but tend to use them as a starting point when they are close to what i am looking for. I used to get annoyed spending ages looking for what i wanted which is why i spent a lot of time just playing with sythns and understanding what does what.

I am glad you enjoyed it as i certainly enjoy making them and learning :thumbup: .
you are more than welcome.

i must say for myself i have no idea to do with synths - am not skilled to do my sounds.
but have modified a lot of presets since now for my music.

i am looking now, when i got reason+ subscription and reason 11 (i am owning a hard box of 10 - i bought it at thomann.de - great store) ... that Compelx RE synth. damn it is hard to understand, hehe. but it has interesting sounds - presets.
Rising Night Wave & Extus at SoundCloud
HW: Asus ROG Strix G513QM | Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 3rd Gen | M-Audio M3-8 | M-Audio Uber Mic | Shure SRH1840 | Shure SE215 | LG 49UK6400
SW: Windows 11 Pro | Reason 10 | Reason+

Popey
Competition Winner

04 Dec 2021

Worked on this track and trying to improve my earlier efforts.

• Information