I need help to fix audio glitches

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
Sune Braunschweig

02 May 2021

Hello, I am an experienced Reason user however I've stumbled on a problem that has frustrated me for months without any resolution.

I use Reason 8.1 on a MacOS High Sierra 10.13.6 and I have tested the audio on multiple speaker systems.

I have two tracks that persists on the same problem. Whenever I export it to an audio file, it insists on making these clicking/scratching noises as if the volume is too high. I did reduce the problem by reducing the master volume to a ridiculously low decibel, and then increase it again to a decent volume in Adobe Audition. But still, it keeps making these clicking/scratching noises when I listen to the file. Attached is a screenshot of the settings of one of my instrument racks causing the issue.

Please help; any suggestions on changing instrument/master settings in Reason, or retouching the audio in Adobe Audition is welcome. I did try some noise reduction features in Adobe Audition but it didn't solve it.

integerpoet

02 May 2021

I didn't see a screen shot, but it sounds like you are clipping.

PhillipOrdonez

02 May 2021

I also thought about clipping 🤔

Would be good to hear a sample of these glitches.

guitfnky

03 May 2021

hard to tell without hearing it, but if you're reducing the volume that much, it's probably not clipping (unless the audio was recorded too hot in the first place, or there are some absolutely monumental volume swings). by any chance, are you working at very high sampling rates? there was another user who was getting glitchy exports at 96k and 192k, recently—some kind of bug.
I write music for good people

https://slowrobot.bandcamp.com/

Sune Braunschweig

04 May 2021

I don't know why the screenshot wont upload. I'm not sure what clipping is. I have used reason midi instruments, there are no inserted audio clips in it. Sample rate setting are set to 44.100. I have used the Scream 4 and RV7000 rack extensions, which I have used many times before without issues, but I don't know if that could cause the issue.

Sune Braunschweig

04 May 2021

I do get the feeling I may have put too much power on the reverb and sound destruction for the speakers to handle. Any advice on specific settings to reduce on the rack extensions for it to not be too explosive?

guitfnky

05 May 2021

Sune Braunschweig wrote: ↑
04 May 2021
I do get the feeling I may have put too much power on the reverb and sound destruction for the speakers to handle. Any advice on specific settings to reduce on the rack extensions for it to not be too explosive?
there's really no way to give suggestions on specific settings without having any idea what exactly you're encountering. the quickest way to an answer would probably be for you to export and share your sound file with us so we can hear what's going on and make recommendations.
I write music for good people

https://slowrobot.bandcamp.com/

Aquila

05 May 2021

Try switching the master meter mode to Peak (the little green "mode" button at the bottom of the meter on the main mixer). If that's going red you're clipping and you'll need to turn things down.

• Information