(TeflonTomb Cover/Rock) - Don't Lie To Me

This forum is for sharing your Reason creations with the rest of the community. If you post a song expecting feedback please take time to leave some for others.
Forum rules
Remember to begin your thread subject with a genre, ie.: (Hiphop) New instrumental
TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

03 May 2021

A cover of a TeflonTomb track originally called "Putting spells, on your wife". Teflon and I work in completely different ways musically so it's interesting to see what I can draw from another artist like that.
The focus on this track was to take a theme/melody from his and turning it into something new.

My song:

TeflonTombs original song:
Last edited by TritoneAddiction on 03 May 2021, edited 1 time in total.

TheGodOfRainbows

03 May 2021

Holy shit! This is amazing! I already love Teflon's track, and now it's renewed and reborn. So is that you and Teflon on the vox?

Congrats on this great work!

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

03 May 2021

TheGodOfRainbows wrote:
03 May 2021
Holy shit! This is amazing! I already love Teflon's track, and now it's renewed and reborn. So is that you and Teflon on the vox?

Congrats on this great work!
Thanks. Yes the original is really cool.
My vocals only in this one. The chorus is three recorded vocals takes playing at the same time. I used the same technique in my old metal song "Sick?".

Auryn

03 May 2021

amazing work, hats off

btw you could call yourselves "TriTombAddiction"
~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-
Quixotic Sound Design: http://www.quixoticsounddesign.com
Europandemonium Refill: https://gumroad.com/l/YxIGB

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

03 May 2021

Auryn wrote:
03 May 2021
amazing work, hats off

btw you could call yourselves "TriTombAddiction"
Thanks. Yep that's a pretty good name. :D

Skimrok

03 May 2021

that's some good stuff you done here well done :-)
12 with 11 Suite :reason:/ Akai Mini Mk3 / MPD218 /Eve SC207 Monitors / Mrs10 Sub / Motu M2 / Zen Can

EdwardKiy

03 May 2021

The original is not something I would listen to unless under torture, but your song is actually good and very much enjoyable. Great job! Maybe make an album of covers, which would give you some reputation to sell your back catalogue? Worked for Marilyn Manson. Just a thought. :))

modecca

03 May 2021

EdwardKiy wrote:
03 May 2021
The original is not something I would listen to unless under torture, but your song is actually good and very much enjoyable.
🔗💥

EdwardKiy

03 May 2021

modecca wrote:
03 May 2021
EdwardKiy wrote:
03 May 2021
The original is not something I would listen to unless under torture, but your song is actually good and very much enjoyable.
my stuff is not good enough and so is yours. that's why we're here. We can pat each other or get better. I'm not taking hostages. Swallow it and get better [edit by mods: name calling]. I don't lie. Get angry. Use it.

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

04 May 2021

EdwardKiy wrote:
03 May 2021
Ehh thanks? I guess :?
I've always found Teflons stuff quite intriguing myself. But I can see how it's not gonna be for everyone.
Last edited by TritoneAddiction on 04 May 2021, edited 1 time in total.

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

04 May 2021

Wee Joe wrote:
03 May 2021
Well Done, Sounds Great.
Thanks, appreciate it :-)

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

04 May 2021

Skimrok wrote:
03 May 2021
that's some good stuff you done here well done :-)
Thank you :-)

rabidonthetrack

10 May 2021

"Putting Spells, On Your Wife" happens to be one of my favorite Teflon Tomb songs. I caught myself chanting the lyrics on a few occasions before I entered my dark night of the soul. The "Don't Lie To Me" cover is excellent work. Your distortion work makes this a standout track for me and quite possibly a reference track for ITB distortion techniques—assuming you are still native.

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

13 May 2021

rabidonthetrack wrote:
10 May 2021
"Putting Spells, On Your Wife" happens to be one of my favorite Teflon Tomb songs. I caught myself chanting the lyrics on a few occasions before I entered my dark night of the soul. The "Don't Lie To Me" cover is excellent work. Your distortion work makes this a standout track for me and quite possibly a reference track for ITB distortion techniques—assuming you are still native.
Thanks. Yes there's plenty of distortion in this track. And different types too. The "guitars" (rhythm and lead) which are actually Viking 2 synth patches goes through the Creme amp by Kuassa. The lead guitar also goes through Kuassas wah wah RE. And the order in which the effects are placed is a little different. I actually have delay placed before the lead guitar distortion so that it becomes a little more gritty/dirty.
All vocals goes through Fuzz in Scream4.
And the drums has some subtle distortion/saturation as well. Used KiloHearts Distortion RE there.

• Information