(Slimey Electronica) - Sewer Creatures

This forum is for sharing your Reason creations with the rest of the community. If you post a song expecting feedback please take time to leave some for others.
Forum rules
Remember to begin your thread subject with a genre, ie.: (Hiphop) New instrumental
TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

25 Apr 2021

A bit more focus on the sounds and atmosphere rather than catchy melodies for this track.
Used Evolution and Fritz quite a bit in this one.

sonja

25 Apr 2021

Really good- I especially liked the exposed bass part and the contrasts.
Win10|Reason12|i7 -8565U CPU 16 GB RAM Focusrite Scarlett 2i4 2nd Gen, keys KontaktKompltS 88MK2, JBL 306P MkII Powrd Studio Monitors, Saxophones (silver-plate):Selmer BA Alto Daddy-O MP, Yamaha Custom Z Tenor, Robusto 7*MP, Flutes Haynes (C) DiZhau Alto

killhamster

25 Apr 2021

What'd you use for the bass? I like that fat gritty sound it's got to it.

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

25 Apr 2021

killhamster wrote:
25 Apr 2021
What'd you use for the bass? I like that fat gritty sound it's got to it.
It's a Parsec patch run through Scream4, kHs Distortion and Quartet Chorus Ensemble.

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

25 Apr 2021

sonja wrote:
25 Apr 2021
Really good- I especially liked the exposed bass part and the contrasts.
Thanks, appreciate it :-)

Auryn

29 Apr 2021

LOL that fart sound on the 1 is an instant classic. I enjoyed this track, I like how it sort of has a story to it with different parts that more or less organically flow from one another. Especially like the sort of spooky ending.
~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-
Quixotic Sound Design: http://www.quixoticsounddesign.com
Europandemonium Refill: https://gumroad.com/l/YxIGB

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

30 Apr 2021

Auryn wrote:
29 Apr 2021
LOL that fart sound on the 1 is an instant classic. I enjoyed this track, I like how it sort of has a story to it with different parts that more or less organically flow from one another. Especially like the sort of spooky ending.
Well you know there are a some farty creatures to look out for in that sewer. :-) Those are the scariest ones.
Maybe not my strongest song overall, but I feel like I tried out some new things in this tune and I'm kind of happy about that.

Wee Joe

30 Apr 2021

Enjoyed, would make a great backdrop to the Drama's I am watching at present.....sometimes the music they use is not a patch on this....

Skimrok

01 May 2021

crunchy start and the part 127 is so much drama really is catchy , the next part is cool. :clap:
12 with 11 Suite :reason:/ Akai Mini Mk3 / MPD218 /Eve SC207 Monitors / Mrs10 Sub / Motu M2 / Zen Can

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

03 May 2021

Wee Joe wrote:
30 Apr 2021
Enjoyed, would make a great backdrop to the Drama's I am watching at present.....sometimes the music they use is not a patch on this....
Thanks. Glad you liked it. :-)

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

03 May 2021

Skimrok wrote:
01 May 2021
crunchy start and the part 127 is so much drama really is catchy , the next part is cool. :clap:

TheGodOfRainbows

03 May 2021

That friggin bass line is funky af, and then the melody part! Really paints a picture. I love your tracks!

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

03 May 2021

TheGodOfRainbows wrote:
03 May 2021
That friggin bass line is funky af, and then the melody part! Really paints a picture. I love your tracks!
Thanks man. Really appreicate that. The bass line, and some other parts as well, was generated with Pandas Evolution. Of course I've changed a couple of notes here and there and made variations on the initial take to make it my own. But Evolution and Beatmap are easily my favorite Players.

TheGodOfRainbows

05 May 2021

TritoneAddiction wrote:
03 May 2021
TheGodOfRainbows wrote:
03 May 2021
Thanks man. Really appreicate that. The bass line, and some other parts as well, was generated with Pandas Evolution. Of course I've changed a couple of notes here and there and made variations on the initial take to make it my own. But Evolution and Beatmap are easily my favorite Players.
Very interesting. I guess I need to check out Evolution then. Hot shit.

raymondh

07 May 2021

Awesome!. Spybreak wants its bass back :) This track deserves to be on the next Matrix soundtrack!!! Very Epic!

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

08 May 2021

TheGodOfRainbows wrote:
05 May 2021
TritoneAddiction wrote:
03 May 2021

Very interesting. I guess I need to check out Evolution then. Hot shit.
Yes try it out. Evolution can give you great starting points to work from. But rarely do I use what it gives me exactly and leave it the way it is. But it can give you new ideas that you wouldn't normally come up with. Come to think about, this song has 3 parts that started with a foundation from Evolution. The bass line at 0:34, the lead at 0:51 and the blip bloppy part at 2:00. As you can hear the parts alter a bit so that it's not just a one bar loop or half a bar playing the same thing over and over again.

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

08 May 2021

raymondh wrote:
07 May 2021
Awesome!. Spybreak wants its bass back :) This track deserves to be on the next Matrix soundtrack!!! Very Epic!
Thanks man, glad you dig it.

• Information