(Melodic house?- please help identify) Orbert 126bpm

This forum is for sharing your Reason creations with the rest of the community. If you post a song expecting feedback please take time to leave some for others.
Forum rules
Remember to begin your thread subject with a genre, ie.: (Hiphop) New instrumental
Popey
Competition Winner

02 May 2021

Little track I put together over last couple of days. Not sure of genre so any ideas appreciated - I'm guessing something like melodic house/trance but not sure.

Made with serum, reason rack plugin (fx, bus compressor etc), pigments, diva and live fx.

Still needs a final mix regarding levels.

Rising Night Wave

02 May 2021

Rising Night Wave & Extus at SoundCloud
HW: Asus ROG Strix G513QM | Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 3rd Gen | M-Audio M3-8 | M-Audio Uber Mic | Shure SRH1840 | Shure SE215 | LG 49UK6400
SW: Windows 11 Pro | Reason 10 | Reason+

PhillipOrdonez

02 May 2021

Trouse? But melodic house is more fitting...

I thought it was good until the breakdown, then it got too trancey and then after the drop the vibe changed too much with the introduction of the bass, taking it to yet another direction.

The into sounded like something Dixon may have played.

Skimrok

02 May 2021

i have no clue about sub genres etc too confusing these days for me

kick and snare together 34 to 102 is too low or the sounds are too high whatever way round you prefer, 1.32 is the stronger part of the tune keep with that if it was me and i would say this is the cleanest tune I've heard you done in other words 1 of the best tunes I've heard for awhile no doubt about that in my mind , good stuff crack on with this is another level you achieved :thumbup:
12 with 11 Suite :reason:/ Akai Mini Mk3 / MPD218 /Eve SC207 Monitors / Mrs10 Sub / Motu M2 / Zen Can

Popey
Competition Winner

02 May 2021

Thanks Rising Night wave the fact this lists artists makes it super helpful. now I can listen to examples and get a feel for what the track is. I don't actively set out to make a track in a certain genre (except for when writing drum and bass) so this helps me identify my stuff :)

Popey
Competition Winner

02 May 2021

PhillipOrdonez wrote:
02 May 2021

I thought it was good until the breakdown, then it got too trancey and then after the drop the vibe changed too much with the introduction of the bass, taking it to yet another direction.

Ha ha i like the name trouse. Unless i am writing drum and bass i tend to not write in one style and that is how these weird creations come about. No worries that it is not your style and thanks for mentioning dixon (i assume you mean dj dixon) as i had a quick look at a beatport mix dixon did and sounded good (very diverse styles from the little i heard).

Popey
Competition Winner

02 May 2021

Skimrok wrote:
02 May 2021

kick and snare together 34 to 102 is too low or the sounds are too high whatever way round you prefer, 1.32 is the stronger part of the tune keep with that if it was me and i would say this is the cleanest tune I've heard you done in other words 1 of the best tunes I've heard for awhile no doubt about that in my mind , good stuff crack on with this is another level you achieved :thumbup:
Thanks for the feedback Skimrok i will look at the kick, snare and clap when trying to finish this. Thanks you for the kind words about it being clean this is the first time i have played something in my car and it sounded right (even if i still need to sort levels out in some areas and de-ess the vocal).

I tend to have to do most of my work in headphones as i have young children asleep during the times i can write music but i bought dsoniq real phones the other day and although it does not beat having a treated room and monitors I have found it enables me to hear things more clearly and translated better in my car etc. This is the first mix using it and to me it sounded more balanced and the bass was way tighter etc.

PhillipOrdonez

02 May 2021

Popey wrote:
02 May 2021
PhillipOrdonez wrote:
02 May 2021

Ha ha i like the name trouse. Unless i am writing drum and bass i tend to not write in one style and that is how these weird creations come about. No worries that it is not your style and thanks for mentioning dixon (i assume you mean dj dixon) as i had a quick look at a beatport mix dixon did and sounded good (very diverse styles from the little i heard).
Check his label (innervisions)

Skimrok

02 May 2021

Popey wrote:
02 May 2021
Skimrok wrote:
02 May 2021

Thanks for the feedback Skimrok i will look at the kick, snare and clap when trying to finish this. Thanks you for the kind words about it being clean this is the first time i have played something in my car and it sounded right (even if i still need to sort levels out in some areas and de-ess the vocal).

I tend to have to do most of my work in headphones as i have young children asleep during the times i can write music but i bought dsoniq real phones the other day and although it does not beat having a treated room and monitors I have found it enables me to hear things more clearly and translated better in my car etc. This is the first mix using it and to me it sounded more balanced and the bass was way tighter etc.
No worries Popey , that's good info Popey i been watching the thread about the real phones on Gear.... I'm tempted to give it a whirl myself soon , :-) how is the integrations with Reason like? I'm curious
12 with 11 Suite :reason:/ Akai Mini Mk3 / MPD218 /Eve SC207 Monitors / Mrs10 Sub / Motu M2 / Zen Can

Popey
Competition Winner

02 May 2021

Skimrok wrote:
02 May 2021
Popey wrote:
02 May 2021

No worries Popey , that's good info Popey i been watching the thread about the real phones on Gear.... I'm tempted to give it a whirl myself soon , :-) how is the integrations with Reason like? I'm curious
I havent tried it with reason as I use live with reason rack plugin nowadays but i cannot imagine it is any different in reason (will try it for you tomorrow). For me I found switching between different monitors in realphones I identified issues with boomy kicks and balance and it also has settings for both my headphones (hd25 and dt990 pro). Its on sale at plugin boutique at moment.

Popey
Competition Winner

02 May 2021

PhillipOrdonez wrote:
02 May 2021
Popey wrote:
02 May 2021

Check his label (innervisions)
Will do 👍 thanks

jam-s

02 May 2021

Due to the arps and builds, I'd rather put it into the slower realms of trance (house) like balearic trance.

• Information