What was your first (finished) track made with Reason?

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
Quarmat
Competition Winner

30 Apr 2021

[ADMINS: I Could not find a thread on this topic using the search, please remove/merge if needed]

I was browsing a 15-something years old external hard disk and i stumbled upon a folder with my old *.rsn files so I launched some of them just for the lols.
Then I wanted to find my first finished track: save date says April 2002 but I think it was made late 2001! I thought it would be super fun and interesting to see what other RT users did if they still had their files. I undersrtand many of the people here on RT are long time Reason users, so maybe some of you have those ultra old and naive songs of their early days in Reason.

Here's the first track I finished in Reason (one 14:2 mixer, two NN-19, two ReDrum, three SubTractor, five Matrix Pattern Sequencer, one RV-7, one D-11 and one ECF-42, that's all!)

DaveyG

30 Apr 2021

I can't remember my first song with Reason but I can remember the first thing I finished in Rebirth in, I think, 1997. It has long since disappeared into the great hard disk in the sky but it was a classic throw-everything-at-it clichéd 10 minute acid squelchy bassline thing, eloquently entitled...... wait for it, wait for it ..... Knob Music. :puf_smile: AC-EEEEED!! :puf_smile:

The weird thing was that record companies didn't seem to be fighting each other over signing my all-new, reborn, unnamed and bang-on trend solo project. Their loss I guess.

Creativemind

30 Apr 2021

Quarmat wrote:
30 Apr 2021
[ADMINS: I Could not find a thread on this topic using the search, please remove/merge if needed]

I was browsing a 15-something years old external hard disk and i stumbled upon a folder with my old *.rsn files so I launched some of them just for the lols.
Then I wanted to find my first finished track: save date says April 2002 but I think it was made late 2001! I thought it would be super fun and interesting to see what other RT users did if they still had their files. I undersrtand many of the people here on RT are long time Reason users, so maybe some of you have those ultra old and naive songs of their early days in Reason.

Here's the first track I finished in Reason (one 14:2 mixer, two NN-19, two ReDrum, three SubTractor, five Matrix Pattern Sequencer, one RV-7, one D-11 and one ECF-42, that's all!)

Not bad at all, was this like 18 years ago or something?
:reason:

Reason Studio's 11.3 / Cockos Reaper 6.82 / Cakewalk By Bandlab / Orion 8.6
http://soundcloud.com/creativemind75/iv ... soul-mix-3

PhillipOrdonez

30 Apr 2021

That was trippy, Quarmat. My first one was from about the same time but it is long lost, vanished from existence never to appear again.

enossified

30 Apr 2021

Funny you should post this on the same day that I was cleaning out an old laptop that I used to run Reason 2.5 on 15 years ago. I copied the songs over to my iMac running Reason 11. I plan to audition what's in there to see if there is anything worth saving or reworking. Whatever was my first finished track is in that directory.

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

01 May 2021

Fun thread. :thumbs_up:
That's not bad Quarmat. Quite liked that one.

I had to search around on my computer before i found it. This is my first finished Reason track. Wrote it 10 years ago.

Popey
Competition Winner

01 May 2021

I had been playing with reason for probably a year or so before I actually got past just making loops and finished a song.
This was only back in june 2020 when I finished my first track and got loads of good advice off reason talk users (still do to this day). I must have deleted version 1 as no longer on soundcloud or pc :)

Listen to Auntiestellar V2.0.0 by Samiver by Samiver on #SoundCloud
https://soundcloud.app.goo.gl/JJvob

Marc64

01 May 2021

This is my first ever track I made in Reason1. Sadly I don't have the original file left cause of a hdd crash :(

joeyluck

01 May 2021

There are maybe a couple threads like this?

This one asks for first and latest:
viewtopic.php?t=7505485

Not sure if there is a thread that only lists first songs? Seems fine to keep it here unless you want to post elsewhere.

killhamster

01 May 2021

I went looking for mine and it looks like it's made it to that great hard drive in the sky. I have a couple of failing HDDs that are sitting in a drawer, I might put them in an enclosure and see if I can salvage any old mp3s or project files from them. There's some old stuff I'd love to polish up if I happen to find it.

drloop

01 May 2021

My first release made with Reason was this one in 2009

But before that I made colabs and remixes with Reason

TheMiles

01 May 2021

This is the oldest Song i have on my Harddrive :) Enjoy!

Dabbler

01 May 2021

This is one of the first

utdgrant

02 May 2021

This was my first truly finished track (April 2020), after years of mucking about in various versions of Reason. Once that was in the can, I went through a phase of intense creativity and productivity which resulted in a whole album's worth of material by July 2020.

Pyramid of Symex - a psychedelic trip-out in a '70s Gong style.

It used mostly internal devices, with the addition of a couple of Arturia softsynths and TAL and Full Bucket Music effects. The ironic thing is that I could probably do a decent job of it now just using Reason 4, with the knowledge and experienced I've gained through having audio tracks and VSTs at my disposal. :puf_smile:
Grant Middleton (records as "Under the Dome")

:reason: 12, Windows 10, 64-bit

Personal Website

YouTube channel

• Information