What RE is your Go-to Pad machine?

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
taipeiwalkerhk

01 May 2021

Hi, I am new using 11 suite and recently bought Algo. I would like to hear your experience on which RE is good for (Yet easy to program) making lush pad sound.

Cheers!
Cowby

challism

01 May 2021

Since you've got Suite, give both of the Layers REs a try. They are great for pads. You can add any texture you can imagine and sculpt the sound just right; tons of control over pads.
Players are to MIDI what synthesizers are to waveforms.

ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

taipeiwalkerhk

01 May 2021

thanks for your suggestion, I got suite not long ago and haven't explored many options. But after I listened some of the pad preset of Parsec... some of them are really amazing !

sdst
Competition Winner

01 May 2021

Expanse is very good for pads, use a lot of cpu yes

but it sounds like Serum

BRIGGS

01 May 2021

Grain...if you can deal with your brain exploding.

r11s

VIVIsect

01 May 2021

I use Antidote from Synapse, and Thor a lot for pads. Also MonoPoly from Korg (VST version).

Harpuia

01 May 2021

Not a synth, But I've been having a ton of fun bouncing a melody loop to audio, timestretching it massively, and then throwing it through Fritz.

It can be a bit digital and artifact-y, which is kind of perfect for what I've been making lately, but your mileage may vary. You can also soften it up by throwing some reverb on it, maybe some EQ and whatnot.

plaingraywall

01 May 2021

ReSpire sounds amazing for pads.

Scenic has some ace pads.

Also, Europa is great too.

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

01 May 2021

Rather than picking a synth I'm gonna go with Efektor RV3604 Reverb. Choose the Shimmer effect and any source can turn into a nice pad sound. I've been abusing the hell out of that shimmer effect, in both subtle and not so subtle ways over the last year.

BRIGGS

01 May 2021

joeyluck wrote:
01 May 2021
I don't know if I have a go-to, but Nostromo is really great for pads!
Nostromo, is one of Grain's favorite snacks.

r11s

freshkidblaze

01 May 2021

Europa stacked with supermassive 👌🏾

DaveyG

01 May 2021

Not an RE but Omnisphere is the king of pads for me. I'll typically layer up a couple of presets, mess with the knobs and sliders then play with the Orb thing, recording and rerecording the Orb movements until I'm happy or bored.

Before it was released I thought Scenic was going to be monster pad machine. After it was released it turned out to be more than a little Meh. It almost put me off buying Suite.

PhillipOrdonez

01 May 2021

I've been doing my pads Mostly with layers wave edition.

selig
RE Developer

01 May 2021

Antidote and Europa my "go to" synths for classic pads if just for the stereo spread on stacked voices. I love Nostromo for slow evolving patches, and Grain or Proton for textures.
Selig Audio, LLC

dvdrtldg

01 May 2021

Don't know if it's a "go-to" but I've been using Resonans a lot for pads lately, and it's brilliant. Loading up different samples, modulating the Structure and Position knobs, you can get some really out-of-the-box sounds that are still very musical

bidaar

15 May 2021

dvdrtldg wrote:
01 May 2021
Don't know if it's a "go-to" but I've been using Resonans a lot for pads lately, and it's brilliant. Loading up different samples, modulating the Structure and Position knobs, you can get some really out-of-the-box sounds that are still very musical
Resonans is SOOO good man , I demoed it a month ago while there was a Robotic Bean had a sale , Im so mad that I didnt buy it at that half price !
I bought 4 other REs from RB , Sequences , Step Note 2 , Euclid , Logic Gate ... So it wasnt a bad sale for me but Im so regreting not buying Resonans , but the real thing is I have Enough Synths thats why I didnt buy it , but in the future I'll do for sure , modulating the Structure and position and other stuff in there sounds so cool
Reason 11 Suite l FL Studio l Leaning Ableton n Bitwig l Windows 10 64bit
Trying and Learning to be a : Hip-Hop / Trap , Electronic & Experimental Producer l Mixing Engineer

dvdrtldg

15 May 2021

I love it. It's really unique, nothing else like it in the RE department

• Information