Reason 12 Wishlist

Have any feature requests? No promise they'll get to Reason Studios, but you can still discuss them here.
Creativemind

29 Apr 2021

ltbrunt00 wrote:
13 Feb 2021
I would assume that if we are going to be getting R12 by summer all features would be finalized.

keeping my fingers crossed for audio to video sequencing.

Also I wonder if the Props are doing something with A.I. Seems A.I is going to make it's way to our tools if we like it or not.
Hate to break it to you but I wouldn't expect A.I in Reason till about Reason 15 lol!
:reason:

Reason Studio's 11.3 / Cockos Reaper 6.82 / Cakewalk By Bandlab / Orion 8.6
http://soundcloud.com/creativemind75/iv ... soul-mix-3

R303

30 Apr 2021

plaingraywall wrote:
19 Apr 2021
Sometimes I wish that when they upgraded the Reason interface they'd have allowed us to keep using the old one behind a 'Legacy UI' checkbox. Reason certainly looks nicer since v8 but sometimes I find it's not quite as usable as the old interface, however clunky the slick new UI makes the old versions appear...
"Legacy UI" I'd subscribe. But the current look is not bad, the transport bar invites me to click on it, for example. It’s just small things that bother me.

Found an older topic btw:
viewtopic.php?t=7508757
They don't have to be black, just more uniform and subtle.

R303

14 May 2021

Hello, I have the following requests today:

1. Please pair the Mutes and Solos in the different views. This may currently make sense in a few cases, but it is actually confusing.
2. Better integration of the P key, without Play. So, the loop follows the selection by clicking on the clip (checkbox)
3. The possibility to operate the Hand Tool (U) with pressed middle mouse wheel (like in CAD programs)

Thanks.

guitfnky

15 May 2021

R303 wrote:
14 May 2021
1. Please pair the Mutes and Solos in the different views. This may currently make sense in a few cases, but it is actually confusing.
I hope they’ll leave this alone, and they probably will. it makes sense the way it works, as long as you’re thinking about where you are. the mixer and rack have channel solos and mutes—the sequencer has track solos and mutes. I can understand why it can seem confusing (tracks and channels often get thought of interchangeably), but understanding the difference, one can appreciate why the current setup provides more flexibility, and is more useful.
I write good music for good people

https://slowrobot.bandcamp.com/

Mattvank

17 May 2021

Maybe not the right thread but it was very nice that Proppellerhead take a RE back(after year i think) and traded to another.
It was a bug and the developer doesn´t response. I would like to see a better closer look over the store and RE´s.

mfkne

22 May 2021

1. ogg support
2. better visual plugin integration
3. vectorized design
4. AU support on Mac

--that´s all--

slic

02 Jun 2021

1- I would like the VST host rack device can host VST3, this is extremely important to me.

2- I would also like the 'track' to show the snapshot picture of the VST, not the VST host which seems a bit pointless! Less important but I would assume relatively easy to implement.

3- A full screen mode would be nice.

4- be able to give real names to audio IO

5- Customisable hardware controller/midi mapper (like new Combiner but just for midi outs to control hardware- add multiple knobs, buttons, sliders etc mapped to cc and have custom graphic so it looks like your hardware...of course this may be possible wit the new combiner anyway... :D )

6- ALT+CLICK open/close all in browser device lists (like the rack) - better still- also add 'hide all without screenshot' (I tend to just make screenshots for my most used)

I would also like to see a bundle option for suite owners to add the new Reason Studios Re devices, I have held of buying them for now to see what comes with V12... :thumbup: (People who bought suite in the past may have been expecting a suite upgrade route without going subscription)
Last edited by slic on 05 Jun 2021, edited 3 times in total.

Yonatan

02 Jun 2021

Will this thread be renamed Reason 13 Wishlist on September 1st?

DaveyG

02 Jun 2021

Yonatan wrote:
02 Jun 2021
Will this thread be renamed Reason 13 Wishlist on September 1st?
Of course not. Obviously R12 will incorporate everything in this thread so we'll have to come up with a completely new list of requests for R13. Obviously. <cough, cough>

Heater

02 Jun 2021

I don’t if I’ve ever mentioned it before but track freeze would be great.

ltbrunt00

17 Jun 2021

Other than two new devices and high resolution graphics I can't shake this feeling that they have something big planned that will only come to light near the release.

With all the synths, drum and vst instruments I have purchased over the last year I am not entirely excited for the new sampler and Combinator thingy. I am interested in all the unannounced goodies they have planned.

I want Reason to have the equivalent of a MIC drop for a release.
Reason, Nuendo, Studio One
https://soundcloud.com/user-404930848

craven

17 Jun 2021

ltbrunt00 wrote:
17 Jun 2021
Other than two new devices and high resolution graphics I can't shake this feeling that they have something big planned that will only come to light near the release.

With all the synths, drum and vst instruments I have purchased over the last year I am not entirely excited for the new sampler and Combinator thingy. I am interested in all the unannounced goodies they have planned.

I want Reason to have the equivalent of a MIC drop for a release.
hope you are right but it would be rather unusual for them. At this point even a rather small feature like track folders would make a lot of people super happy. Some ux features like double click to create notes etc are always a possibility as unannounced goodies.
:ugeek:

jam-s

17 Jun 2021

From past experience people will likely be pretty underwhelmed by this version, as well.

Jagwah

03 Jul 2021

^^^^ What jam-s said ^^^^

motuscott

03 Jul 2021

Just riding by on my pony. Yippee ti yea
Who’s using the royal plural now baby? 🧂

Faastwalker

05 Jul 2021

It’s bollocks that Reason doesn’t yet support VST3. So that’s pretty high up my list :clap:

DaveyG

06 Jul 2021

Faastwalker wrote:
05 Jul 2021
It’s bollocks that Reason doesn’t yet support VST3.
I agree 100% but you might need to work on your marketing slogans.. :D

KGB

06 Jul 2021

Kushview Elements and Blue Cat Patchwork are 2 VST3 solutions out there...

Faastwalker

11 Jul 2021

KGB wrote:
06 Jul 2021
Kushview Elements and Blue Cat Patchwork are 2 VST3 solutions out there...
Will check these :thumbs_up:

Oberlai

13 Jul 2021

Isn't it high time for

- more grains for Malström?

- a native wavetable creator/editor, which (in the Reason spirit) has way more creative features than any other?
If done right, this could actually be a fantastic plus for Reason, because wavetables are usable across the board. Just make sure it's not usable in demo mode, otherwise, some would probably install Reason just for that free ride.

- a native CV toolbox with advanced LFO/envelopes, for more modulation possibilities?

ltbrunt00

15 Jul 2021

Broken record comment, would like built in Video sync audio editing features.

Updated sequencer midi editing functions found in studio One and Cubase.

Something like Studio Ones sequencer Key Switch feature for vst devices.

Have a added chord selector like Chord Pads in Cubase.

Super charge their internal players. The Dual Arpeggio is my secret weapon, would like them to add expanded features to it. Maybe have a button on it to toggle between simple and advanced mode.

This is never going to happen, would love to have a super charged APg-8. This tool with automatic can have you sounding like a live bass player or bass lines that are not generic.

Neo

17 Jul 2021

VST3/VST MIDI implementation. Blah Blah Blah.
Control Surface Support Update list for more devices (ie Behringer X-Touch.. )
Bypass Button vs Switch? (might make level matching easier)
Themes. Dark(er) Mode, for SSL aswell
Would love to see a Font Change on Labels
+Err about Waves Compatibility (Some VSTs don't accept Side Chain IN) <I only discovered this after those click bait sales>
Last edited by Neo on 29 Aug 2021, edited 1 time in total.
:reason: :re: :ignition: Atari 1040ST | R11 Suite 🡭 R12 | i7 | RME

ltbrunt00

29 Aug 2021

This may be out of scope for Reason as a DAW, but it would be cool if you could run different devices or tracks at different Tempos.

Nonlin

31 Aug 2021

Dumpable and Restorable Combinators!

See video I made about the subject:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J7BmTed5DuM

The idea is that when you have overloaded the CPU with too many proses. You press one button that bounces that combinator and dump out all the devices in that combinator using up CPU power and Memory. But what was in the combinator would be remembered so you could press another button latter on that would restore that combinator so you could do more work on that track. It would allow you to do projects that would normally be to complicated and to demining for your computer handle.

So, for my wish for your wish list is for what I call Dumpable and Restorable Smart Combinators. I though the word smart to make it catchy for the developers, and to give Reason Studio an idea of how the could market it.

jam-s

31 Aug 2021

That's pretty much what most people around here refer to as track freeze. But implementing it at the combinator level instead of at the sequencer track might be an option which would also work for the RRP.

• Information