(Deep Minimal House) Antes de la Mañana

This forum is for sharing your Reason creations with the rest of the community. If you post a song expecting feedback please take time to leave some for others.
Forum rules
Remember to begin your thread subject with a genre, ie.: (Hiphop) New instrumental
PhillipOrdonez

26 Apr 2021

Here we go again, new stuff out today:

Antes de la Mañana:

Gota Bo:

Skimrok

28 Apr 2021

not really my thing but i do like the Gota Bo , that stutter at 3.36 , nice touch :puf_smile:
12 with 11 Suite :reason:/ Akai Mini Mk3 / MPD218 /Eve SC207 Monitors / Mrs10 Sub / Motu M2 / Zen Can

PhillipOrdonez

28 Apr 2021

Thanks for checking it out Skimrok!

Tiny Montgomery

28 Apr 2021

PhillipOrdonez wrote:
26 Apr 2021

Antes de la Mañana:

Gota Bo:
These are really good. Production wise this is right in my sweet spot - warm, no harshness, loads of headroom for the higher frequencies to pop out where needed.

Just really tasteful.

Rising Night Wave

28 Apr 2021

mhm. nice techy minimal jazzy house you have. nice song.
construction is interesting and dynamic so song is not boring.
kinda cool are percussions. hehe. and as Skimrok said production is nice.
i do not prefer lounge jazzy music but this song is cool and good.

hehe second song has interesting mp3 lo quality effect. nice.
i also like sencond song more than first. it is more... am how to say... confident... and mature.

well that would be all from me. keep up. nice.
Rising Night Wave & Extus at SoundCloud
HW: Asus ROG Strix G513QM | Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 3rd Gen | M-Audio M3-8 | M-Audio Uber Mic | Shure SRH1840 | Shure SE215 | LG 49UK6400
SW: Windows 11 Pro | Reason 10 | Reason+

PhillipOrdonez

28 Apr 2021

Tiny Montgomery wrote:
28 Apr 2021
PhillipOrdonez wrote:
26 Apr 2021

Antes de la Mañana:

Gota Bo:
These are really good. Production wise this is right in my sweet spot - warm, no harshness, loads of headroom for the higher frequencies to pop out where needed.

Just really tasteful.
That's the sweet spot for me as well, Tiny, thanks!

PhillipOrdonez

28 Apr 2021

Rising Night Wave wrote:
28 Apr 2021
mhm. nice techy minimal jazzy house you have. nice song.
construction is interesting and dynamic so song is not boring.
kinda cool are percussions. hehe. and as Skimrok said production is nice.
i do not prefer lounge jazzy music but this song is cool and good.

hehe second song has interesting mp3 lo quality effect. nice.
i also like sencond song more than first. it is more... am how to say... confident... and mature.

well that would be all from me. keep up. nice.
Thank you, RNW, glad you like them regardless. Cheers

Tiny Montgomery

28 Apr 2021

What was the general vocoder set up for the second track Phillip? I think it carries the second half well.

PhillipOrdonez

28 Apr 2021

Tiny Montgomery wrote:
28 Apr 2021
What was the general vocoder set up for the second track Phillip? I think it carries the second half well.
You're right it is a vocoder. Modulate drums with a synth and play with the formants.

Auryn

29 Apr 2021

I enjoyed these tracks, they remind me a lot of the music I was dj'ing with early 2000's. Stuff like Losoul, Isolee... basically Derrick Carter's Classic label around that time. I like the little floaty high sounds in the break in Antes, groove is nice n funky, sort of hypnotizing. Gota Bo has a slightly bigger bottom, which I like. The subtle vocodery synth sound is cool and keeps evolving. Bit of an abrupt ending (pet niggle of a dj LOL). Nice work overall!
~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-
Quixotic Sound Design: http://www.quixoticsounddesign.com
Europandemonium Refill: https://gumroad.com/l/YxIGB

PhillipOrdonez

29 Apr 2021

Auryn wrote:
29 Apr 2021
I enjoyed these tracks, they remind me a lot of the music I was dj'ing with early 2000's. Stuff like Losoul, Isolee... basically Derrick Carter's Classic label around that time. I like the little floaty high sounds in the break in Antes, groove is nice n funky, sort of hypnotizing. Gota Bo has a slightly bigger bottom, which I like. The subtle vocodery synth sound is cool and keeps evolving. Bit of an abrupt ending (pet niggle of a dj LOL). Nice work overall!
Dank u vel for the kind words, chivalrous knight of La Mancha.

Auryn

29 Apr 2021

PhillipOrdonez wrote:
29 Apr 2021
De nada, señor. Is this kind of music popular ATM in columbia? I kind of miss it in the Amsterdam club scene (pre-covid).
~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-

PhillipOrdonez

29 Apr 2021

Auryn wrote:
29 Apr 2021
PhillipOrdonez wrote:
29 Apr 2021
De nada, señor. Is this kind of music popular ATM in columbia? I kind of miss it in the Amsterdam club scene (pre-covid).
That's a great question I don't have an answer for, unfortunately. My guess is: probably not?

There were always good house music DJs in Colombia, but I'm not sure I know any DJ that plays this kind of funky deep minimal house style here 🤷‍♂️ and in general, colombians have always been more into techno than house music, so...

Auryn

30 Apr 2021

PhillipOrdonez wrote:
29 Apr 2021
Auryn wrote:
29 Apr 2021

That's a great question I don't have an answer for, unfortunately. My guess is: probably not?

There were always good house music DJs in Colombia, but I'm not sure I know any DJ that plays this kind of funky deep minimal house style here 🤷‍♂️ and in general, colombians have always been more into techno than house music, so...
Oops misspelt the name of your country... for shame! Kinda surprised to hear techno is bigger that house in Colombia, you'd think the kind of deep & chill sound you're producing would fit right in with the tropical weather.

PhillipOrdonez

30 Apr 2021

Auryn wrote:
30 Apr 2021
PhillipOrdonez wrote:
29 Apr 2021

Oops misspelt the name of your country... for shame! Kinda surprised to hear techno is bigger that house in Colombia, you'd think the kind of deep & chill sound you're producing would fit right in with the tropical weather.
That's another misconception (weather) where I was born it gets chilly, you need a sweater or jacket every night. It's 2500 m above sea level, the warmest it can get is at noon under sunlight and it feels like 18 to 20 degrees, but you get in the shadow and it is Like 12 to 14 degrees 🤷‍♂️ During the night the temperatures hover around 6 to 8, and it has gotten below zero too.

You need to drive about 2 hours down the Andes for it to be 30 degrees all year long, which by the way sounds like hell to me 😂

Techno is bigger than house in the main cities, but it is still niche. Over here reggaeton is king, followed by vallenato and other regional music.

Quarmat
Competition Winner

30 Apr 2021

Both are super nice, but I'll join the others with saying I like more Gota Bo. Nice vibes, it reminds me of the music played in the lounge bars I used to go to in the city where I sudied at the uni, looong time ago... :)

PhillipOrdonez

30 Apr 2021

Quarmat wrote:
30 Apr 2021
Both are super nice, but I'll join the others with saying I like more Gota Bo. Nice vibes, it reminds me of the music played in the lounge bars I used to go to in the city where I sudied at the uni, looong time ago... :)
It is not unheard of that the B side is better received than the title track, right? Thanks for checking it out, Quarmat!

• Information