Your favorite LFO RE?

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
Bes
Competition Winner

29 Apr 2021

some are easier to use than others and some are easier the more you use them
i try not to not use the same one all the time
- Certified Reason expert

challism

30 Apr 2021

selig wrote:
29 Apr 2021
I just can't find anything missing from Pulsar for my typical applications. I've tried others but they don't offer anything I've found necessary to date (change my mind!).
57pm6k.jpg
57pm6k.jpg (93.11 KiB) Viewed 1017 times
Players are to MIDI what synthesizers are to waveforms.

ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

RoryM0

30 Apr 2021

I almost always go for Pulsar first, mostly out of habit / because it's right there near the top of the utilities. I keep reminding myself to explore other options!

The only thing that occasionally irks me is that the lag control really doesn't add very much lag at all.

EdGrip

30 Apr 2021

My loyalty for Little LFO dates from when Propellerheads had the brass neck to try and charge for Pulsar, the very obvious utility they forgot to include from the outset, and which still isn't as good as Little LFO.

joeyluck

30 Apr 2021

challism wrote:
30 Apr 2021
selig wrote:
29 Apr 2021
I just can't find anything missing from Pulsar for my typical applications. I've tried others but they don't offer anything I've found necessary to date (change my mind!).
57pm6k.jpg
:lol:

For me, it's not being able to toggle on/off LFO 1 from Pulsar.

madmacman

30 Apr 2021

joeyluck wrote:
30 Apr 2021
For me, it's not being able to toggle on/off LFO 1 from Pulsar.
Right, now as you say it.

It always irritates me that this function is missing from LFO 1. Finding myself switching to the 2nd one.

Sterioevo

30 Apr 2021

Thor is my most used lfo. So it is probably my favourite.

motuscott

30 Apr 2021

kuhliloach wrote:
29 Apr 2021
I had an extremely boring pad and boring life. Pulsar changed all that.
Good to hear. Here goes nuthin...I mean, what's the worst...
Who’s using the royal plural now baby? 🧂

selig
RE Developer

30 Apr 2021

RoryM0 wrote:
30 Apr 2021
I almost always go for Pulsar first, mostly out of habit / because it's right there near the top of the utilities. I keep reminding myself to explore other options!

The only thing that occasionally irks me is that the lag control really doesn't add very much lag at all.
Ok, I’d have to say that disappoints me as well, though I don’t often need it. Thor’s slow random is the only thing I would say is missing from Pulsar, which would be reproducible if Pulsar’s lag parameter had more range.

Ultimately, what I’d really like is all the features of Pulsar plus the features of my Eurorack Quadrax - especially the new Vacillator function which is the ultimate “slow random” IMO. If I had more hours in the day I’d ask permission to flat out copy Quadrax as an RE...
Selig Audio, LLC

fullforce

30 Apr 2021

Ammo. Why is this not a poll?
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit.

Timmy Crowne
Competition Winner

30 Apr 2021

Here’s another endorsement for Little LFO. As far as I know, it’s the only LFO option that can drop right down to 0.000Hz. This means it can double as a sample-and-hold device. If the oscillator is key-synced and the waveform is set to noise, each incoming gate will trigger a different value and hold it until the next gate. This essentially turns the device into a bank of 4 random number generators, which are very useful for generative music.

The only native way to achieve this would be to use Europa’s random source and use its mod matrix to send the value out via CV. But this would require a whole synth just for one RNG.

loopeydoug

01 May 2021

Another vote for Little LFO. Discreet, powerful. One of my favorite REs ever. I want to love Ammo but I can't get past my hangup with the Range function cutoffs.

mjxl

08 May 2021

CV Pistons by Tonicmint also deserves a spot!

It's an LFO with variable waveform ( automate the shape and it's chaos lol ), 8 offset lines that can be spread in phase and frequency, and a filter to stay with lower or higher freq's!
Also 1 hour as lowest free frequency :p

• Information