(Electronica) 99th Sortie

This forum is for sharing your Reason creations with the rest of the community. If you post a song expecting feedback please take time to leave some for others.
Forum rules
Remember to begin your thread subject with a genre, ie.: (Hiphop) New instrumental
Quarmat
Competition Winner

28 Apr 2021

Hi there.

While composing my entries for the WT-FM double contest here on ReasonTalk, I explored this space-y, big-pads-all-around genre, and it felt nice.

So I am writing an EP on this wave. The two first tracks are Phylactery and Survival, you can find them on my Soundcloud. This one I am posting is a third one.

I used Europa, Thor, WT-FM and WaveMaster as main synths plus Grain and Scenic for the effects. I am still struggling with mixing and mastering this genre, but getting a little better with the time.

I hope you will like it.

Have a nice day!

Rising Night Wave

28 Apr 2021

hm. song is a mess. drums are too much compressed. levels are not in sinergy. there is too much of reverb.
hm. try it harder. repair it. that is my suggestion.

and please, really please, no hard feelings. 0key? othervise sounds are cool. synths. and drum sound is cool too.
only production is a mess.
Rising Night Wave & Extus at SoundCloud
HW: Asus ROG Strix G513QM | Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 3rd Gen | M-Audio M3-8 | M-Audio Uber Mic | Shure SRH1840 | Shure SE215 | LG 49UK6400
SW: Windows 11 Pro | Reason 10 | Reason+

Rising Night Wave

28 Apr 2021

ps: i think this is first time in my life that i was so direct. hehe. sorry again. do not misunderstand me. construction os cool and sounds are cool. only ... as i said.
HW: Asus ROG Strix G513QM | Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 3rd Gen | M-Audio M3-8 | M-Audio Uber Mic | Shure SRH1840 | Shure SE215 | LG 49UK6400

Quarmat
Competition Winner

28 Apr 2021

Rising Night Wave wrote:
28 Apr 2021
hm. song is a mess. drums are too much compressed. levels are not in sinergy. there is too much of reverb.
hm. try it harder. repair it. that is my suggestion.
The too much reverb I think it is referred to the main synth making the big chords throughout the track, I will try lowering the reverb a bit, Iwant to keep somehow the spacey feeling this synth gives tho. I'll check the drums' compression, also. What do you exactly mean by " levels are not in sinergy"? Can you point out which and when?
Thanks for listening and taking the time to write your critique, I appreciate it.
Rising Night Wave wrote:
28 Apr 2021
and please, really please, no hard feelings. 0key? othervise sounds are cool. synths. and drum sound is cool too.
only production is a mess.
It's ok, critique is appreciated, I am here to learn, I just need how to improve, what are the strong parts and the weak ones.

Have a nice day!

Auryn

29 Apr 2021

The arrangement here is very good, and the sounds themselves are also nice. The mix could use some work, I'd recommend trying to highpass the verb on the spacious synths, and maybe also the synths themselves. To get a more modern, in your face sound you'd need to compress more but I don't know if that's what you want. Like the creepy little intro and outro btw
~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-
Quixotic Sound Design: http://www.quixoticsounddesign.com
Europandemonium Refill: https://gumroad.com/l/YxIGB

Rising Night Wave

29 Apr 2021

a lot of instruments have not the right level for loudness.
so i said they are not in sinergy.

Quarmat
Competition Winner

07 May 2021

Thank you for the precious advices. I remixed and remastered the track. The Souncloud link does not change. Have a nice day!

teddymcw

07 May 2021

I really really like a lot of this, feels great, nice one!

TheMiles

07 May 2021

Pretty nice tune actually. The Mix could be better (allthough I'm not sure I could do it better) but otherwise nice production!
Rly like the Vibe it has, and i can see (hear) it was a lot of work.

Keep up the good work :D

killhamster

07 May 2021

Solid composition and sound design, but the drums still get kinda lost in the mix. They seem very muted compared to the rest of the instruments.

• Information