Reason Remote

Have any feature requests? No promise they'll get to Reason Studios, but you can still discuss them here.
djsmex

28 Apr 2021

What is missing for you in Reason regarding MIDI mapping?
The Reason Remote, SDK, is an area that hasn't had many updates since version 3. A few new codecs, updated maps and the export remote info option but no remote items for the browser, toolbar and very limited remote items for the sequencer. Given the introduction to midi connectivity into web browsers through webmidi.js and other apis, extending the Reason Remote system with web apps can introduce new accessibility options, greater extendibility for mapping and monitoring and much easier methods for mapping for end users in place of LUA scripting.
Here's an example using refreshable Braille displays to give tactile output of VU/Peak meters:

DaveyG

28 Apr 2021

djsmex wrote:
28 Apr 2021
What is missing for you in Reason regarding MIDI mapping?
About 1.5 decades of love and modernity. I just don't bother with it any more.

djsmex

30 Apr 2021

Hi I agree, the Remote was a great idea when first introduced but I believe Reason Studios were hoping for third party midi manufacturers to maintain maps and codecs. However, as the take up from third parties was low and then dwindled even farther, they just left it.
I'm hoping my accessibility projects will breathe a little life back into the remote sdk and perhaps give reason studios the insentive to revisit the remote sdk and extend it.

• Information