(Techno) Key 25 for Launch (130bpm) F Minor

This forum is for sharing your Reason creations with the rest of the community. If you post a song expecting feedback please take time to leave some for others.
Forum rules
Remember to begin your thread subject with a genre, ie.: (Hiphop) New instrumental
Popey
Competition Winner

25 Apr 2021

Treated myself to a Launchkey 25 as my old midi controller was quite basic and did not have a pitch wheel (just Keys) or mod wheel. Loving having a lot more flexibility with modulation and created this little techno/EDM track.

Any comments appreciated :)

Skimrok

28 Apr 2021

now that's funky Popey 1.30 kicks off nicely and the 2.57 is great lift off, yeah i like it , :thumbs_up:
12 with 11 Suite :reason:/ Akai Mini Mk3 / MPD218 /Eve SC207 Monitors / Mrs10 Sub / Motu M2 / Zen Can

Rising Night Wave

28 Apr 2021

hehe. that flute sound reminds me of some ill and sick swan aborting. haha. sorry for saying thart. i hope no hard feelings.
at 1:30 song gets more interesting. but start is also good. and that female vocal is awesome. very emotive.
nice song. nothing more to say.

i am still laughing at that sound. :D no hard feelings okey? i did not mean to say sound is wrong. just reminds me of that. hehe.

aha. and that acid synth is also very cool. it fits very well into song.

nice song overall. i gave you one like and one repost. keep up with good work.
Rising Night Wave & Extus at SoundCloud
HW: Asus ROG Strix G513QM | Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 3rd Gen | M-Audio M3-8 | M-Audio Uber Mic | Shure SRH1840 | Shure SE215 | LG 49UK6400
SW: Windows 11 Pro | Reason 10 | Reason+

Rising Night Wave

28 Apr 2021

aha. only that: (now more seriousness, okey?): if i am not wrong - the style of thins song is trance. it is not techno. it is trance. but it is tech because it has more hard bass drums than ordinary trance style.

so melodic acid tech trance. that would be correct style for this song. if you do not mind correct it. so people will find it more easily.
i am pretty sure it is like that.
Rising Night Wave & Extus at SoundCloud
HW: Asus ROG Strix G513QM | Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 3rd Gen | M-Audio M3-8 | M-Audio Uber Mic | Shure SRH1840 | Shure SE215 | LG 49UK6400
SW: Windows 11 Pro | Reason 10 | Reason+

Popey
Competition Winner

28 Apr 2021

Thanks Skimrok and Rising night wave. I had fun making this and I guessed at techno due to the driving kick and bpm, i get really confused with all the sub genre's now.

It would not let me edit the original post as i had already edited once before so tried to change the genre in the subject title on this reply. I considered calling it techno/trance love child but have gone with Rising Night Wave's advice

Auryn

29 Apr 2021

This is a cool track, pretty old school but works well. I love the main synth sound, it's simple but has the right kind of edge to drive things along. The brass synth melody in the background also works well. Abrupt ending could do with some more bars!
~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-
Quixotic Sound Design: http://www.quixoticsounddesign.com
Europandemonium Refill: https://gumroad.com/l/YxIGB

Popey
Competition Winner

30 Apr 2021

Auryn wrote:
29 Apr 2021
This is a cool track, pretty old school but works well. I love the main synth sound, it's simple but has the right kind of edge to drive things along. The brass synth melody in the background also works well. Abrupt ending could do with some more bars!
Thanks Auryn and your right about the ending I could have done with closing it down over another 8-16 bars.

• Information