Enlightenspeed MeloDramatik in the shop

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
Dionisio

17 Apr 2021

Hi Stygian Abyss

Thank you for your reply

I´m new to Reason

Oh I see, the note/gate outputs are always mono and the Melodramatik scales are poly, a compatibility problem so is not possible?
How can i use PolyCV to achieve that? you mean if i connect the possible mono outputs from Scales it will became polyphonic to other synths?

Thank you for your time

Stygian Abyss

17 Apr 2021

Dionisio wrote:
17 Apr 2021
Oh I see, the note/gate outputs are always mono and the Melodramatik scales are poly, a compatibility problem so is not possible?
Yes, that's the problem with standard note/gate outputs, they're monophonic and can't output chords, unless they are made PolyCV compatible. Blamsoft's specific protocol allows to output polyphonic signals through one note/gate outputs pair and could be a solution to implement your request, using one pair per scale, but of course only Enlightenspeed could do that if he thinks it's an interesting update idea for Melodramatik.
Dionisio wrote:
17 Apr 2021
How can i use PolyCV to achieve that? you mean if i connect the possible mono outputs from Scales it will became polyphonic to other synths?
To use a PolyCV enabled note/gate output pair, you need to connect it to a Rack Extension that can receive this type of signal. MIDI-CV Converter, a Player, is a good modern candidate, but you could also look for the older but nice Polymodular bundle from Blamsoft in the shop, it's the original implementation and it offers several conversion tools.

Dionisio

17 Apr 2021

Thank you once more Stygian Abyss for your time and wisdom.
Too much too dig here :oops:
Now i understand the reply from Brian about my idea/suggestion.

But maybe Melodramatik deserves the effort, it´s a marvelous and exotic machine without doubt.

Thank you both for your time and bring me some light. :thumbup:

Enlightenspeed
RE Developer

18 Apr 2021

Hey guys,

I’m intrigued by this thinking, and will consider it.

I wouldn’t go down this exact road with it though, partially because this way of doing things can be achieved with MIDI-CV converter as noted above by StygianAbyss. Once you split them out like that then you place a Scales & Chords in the path to quantize to the different scales and voila! I’ve been thinking about useful tricks to add though and I’ve thought of one in particular that could really add a lot of value.

As for what tech I’d use, I’d probably not use the PolyCV method as it is a bit “high maintenance” for the amount of benefit it gives, and there’s more than one way to achieve, more or less, the same result.

Thanks for pushing my brain into having a think about this 😉

Cheers,
Brian

vas314

28 Apr 2021

I have Melodic Inverter.
On my calendar I have a note to get Melodramatik at $19 expires 4-30.
Is this so or I have the date and price wrong? :|
Well, I hope I am right as I would love to get Melodramatik for$19. :D

Enlightenspeed
RE Developer

28 Apr 2021

vas314 wrote:
28 Apr 2021
I have Melodic Inverter.
On my calendar I have a note to get Melodramatik at $19 expires 4-30.
Is this so or I have the date and price wrong? :|
Well, I hope I am right as I would love to get Melodramatik for$19. :D
Unfortunately that sale ended on the 31st March, but there's always another sale around the corner :D

Cheers,
Brian

vas314

28 Apr 2021

^^^
I have your Loopcracker Suite and will add Inspiral and Melodramatik whenever they go on a big sale.

• Information