Drum and Bass / Trouble Maker

This forum is for sharing your Reason creations with the rest of the community. If you post a song expecting feedback please take time to leave some for others.
Forum rules
Remember to begin your thread subject with a genre, ie.: (Hiphop) New instrumental
Skimrok

28 Apr 2021

1st of sorry to keep redoing my old tunes but i really wanted to redo this and over the last week i been playing around and this is the final out come, hopefully some will like :geek:

12 with 11 Suite :reason:/ Akai Mini Mk3 / MPD218 /Eve SC207 Monitors / Mrs10 Sub / Motu M2 / Zen Can

Popey
Competition Winner

28 Apr 2021

Hi Skimrok,

I really like parts of this tune and the first part is awesome. This is just my personal taste but i found the second part after the break at 2:38 just not really my style. I know lots like that style of DNB but it s just not for me as i find it a bit confusing.

I kind of remember the original of this and this is another piece of evidence how far you have come :)

Skimrok

28 Apr 2021

Thanks Popey i actually do hear what you saying the 2nd part is a bit chaotic , i think its that feeling i want it to be interesting but maybe its a bit too much after all , the mad thing DnB has gone real minimal i was listing to a radio station a few days ago , its like jump up with huge spaces, that's the way Mcs like it these days perhaps, I'm going take a bit of time out and focas what is now and get to grips with it hopefully he!he!
12 with 11 Suite :reason:/ Akai Mini Mk3 / MPD218 /Eve SC207 Monitors / Mrs10 Sub / Motu M2 / Zen Can

Popey
Competition Winner

29 Apr 2021

Skimrok wrote:
28 Apr 2021
Thanks Popey i actually do hear what you saying the 2nd part is a bit chaotic , i think its that feeling i want it to be interesting but maybe its a bit too much after all , the mad thing DnB has gone real minimal i was listing to a radio station a few days ago , its like jump up with huge spaces, that's the way Mcs like it these days perhaps, I'm going take a bit of time out and focas what is now and get to grips with it hopefully he!he!
No worries it is just my personal preference and the important thing is you like it. I know what you mean about DnB at the moment as I notice a lot of tunes like you mention on beatport. Maybe I am an old fart but dont like as much dnb as I used too but there are still some killer tracks being made. I tend to like the more chilled or rolling stuff more than a lot of the neuro style.

Auryn

29 Apr 2021

It's been a while since I listened to one of your tunes. Your production has certainly improved, sounds super crisp and punchy. Drum programming is excellent. Only thing I don't like as much is the electric piano/bell type sound (probably an FM sound?) you use for the melody, which I would have liked more if it were I slightly more edgy sound
~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-~-.-
Quixotic Sound Design: http://www.quixoticsounddesign.com
Europandemonium Refill: https://gumroad.com/l/YxIGB

Skimrok

01 May 2021

thanks for checking i will take these notes moving forward , thanks gang :thumbs_up: :cool:

• Information