Applied Accustics modular system

Discuss VST stuff here!
Loque

27 Apr 2021

Looks like the next company goes modular stuff. I would prefer they fix their performance issues in Chromaphone3 and make their other ugly GUIs resizeable, but yea...just saying...

https://www.applied-acoustics.com/multiphonics-cv-1/

multiphonics-cv-1-1x.png
multiphonics-cv-1-1x.png (316.67 KiB) Viewed 3066 times
Reason12, Win10

Noise
Competition Winner

27 Apr 2021

At a glance, this interface, looks much cleaner than cherryaudio.
Wonder how they will make more modules for this, via subscription, extra-packs ?
Albums: BandCamp | Youtubz: Noise Channel
Projects: P1 Easy Remote Mapping | Personal Refill Sale Store: https://payhip.com/noisesystems | Title Generator! untitled.noiseshadow.com

eXode

27 Apr 2021

Loque wrote:
27 Apr 2021
Looks like the next company goes modular stuff. I would prefer they fix their performance issues in Chromaphone3 and make their other ugly GUIs resizeable, but yea...just saying...

multiphonics-cv-1-1x.png
Most people might not remember, but AAS had a modular system called Tassman many years ago. The first version was released back in 2000 iirc. After Tassman 4 they stopped updating it.

ravasb

27 Apr 2021

eXode wrote:
27 Apr 2021
Loque wrote:
27 Apr 2021

multiphonics-cv-1-1x.png
Most people might not remember, but AAS had a modular system called Tassman many years ago. The first version was released back in 2000 iirc. After Tassman 4 they stopped updating it.
I own Tassman and emailed AAS to see if there was any upgrade for owners.

Despondo
Competition Winner

27 Apr 2021

ravasb wrote:
27 Apr 2021
I own Tassman and emailed AAS to see if there was any upgrade for owners.
I don't own Tassman, but I do own almost everything else. They gave me a slight discount via email that made it $69. Not huge, but it'll buy me a bag of chips. LOL!

Steedus
Competition Winner

27 Apr 2021

I know it's just his usual tone, but Venus sounds so bored doing that overview video haha

Looks kinda interesting - even though I've no real affinity for modular synths. I only have Chromaphone 3 and Objeq Delay but I quite like them.

Can be had from JRR for $66.36 using GROUP code. Might give it a go.

DaveyG

28 Apr 2021

They are going to have to go some to beat Voltage Modular, especially now that their entry level offering is free:

https://cherryaudio.com/free

And it even works with Reason after RS fixed something in a recent update.

Loque

28 Apr 2021

DaveyG wrote:
28 Apr 2021
They are going to have to go some to beat Voltage Modular, especially now that their entry level offering is free:

https://cherryaudio.com/free

And it even works with Reason after RS fixed something in a recent update.
And they should be better than VCV.

Didn't read, that tge AAS is polyphonic, so it's a bit pricey for a monophonic modular without anything special.
Reason12, Win10

Cableguy

28 Apr 2021

It seems not to be possible to automate specific knob inside a module. Only the macro knobs can be automated within a sequencer lane. That is really bad.

zoidkirb

28 Apr 2021

arsc wrote:
28 Apr 2021
It seems not to be possible to automate specific knob inside a module. Only the macro knobs can be automated within a sequencer lane. That is really bad.
Isn't this how these modular things usually work? UA Byome, Lion are like that too because the host can't be expected to see an infinite number of modules and parameters that may or may not be there in a patch. I think Cherry Audio Voltage is the same too?

miscend

28 Apr 2021

Why didn't they just update Tassman.

ravasb

28 Apr 2021

I demoed it, and am very surprised how few modules there are and how uncreative it is. The sound is fine, but nothing special except for the Objeq filter. Tassman has far more modules and is much more creative. I hope this is not just a framework they are using to start selling more modules. I use VCV a lot and am blown away by how much is available for free and how innovative it is. I own most of AAS's stuff and like it, but this one is just not doing it for me.

Steedus
Competition Winner

28 Apr 2021

ravasb wrote:
28 Apr 2021
I hope this is not just a framework they are using to start selling more modules.
There's definitely updates planned and I'd have to assume they'll be paid, but who knows.

From twitter:
@Tomavatars > Will you add more modules after?
@AAS_News > That's the plan yes.

Cableguy

29 Apr 2021

zoidkirb wrote:
28 Apr 2021
arsc wrote:
28 Apr 2021
Isn't this how these modular things usually work? UA Byome, Lion are like that too because the host can't be expected to see an infinite number of modules and parameters that may or may not be there in a patch. I think Cherry Audio Voltage is the same too?
In Voltage Modular you can assign every knob inside a module to a CC value from 1 to 128 and that can be automated in Reason.

zoidkirb

29 Apr 2021

arsc wrote:
29 Apr 2021
zoidkirb wrote:
28 Apr 2021

In Voltage Modular you can assign every knob inside a module to a CC value from 1 to 128 and that can be automated in Reason.
Good to know! I've only been testing Voltage recently, mainly the new 2500 set. Just been using the Performance Knobs for such tasks.

ravasb

29 Apr 2021

If you want a free, brilliant and slightly eccentric modular check this out. All of his stuff is great and free.

https://www.fullbucket.de/music/modulair.html

Steedus
Competition Winner

06 May 2021

I kinda like the really simple, unified look of this but I think after looking into modular a bit more (never thought I'd be remotely interested), if I was paying for one I think I might go for Softube's Modular instead. Anyone have any thoughts on it for comparison?

phithegoldenratio

07 May 2021

Steedus wrote:
06 May 2021
I kinda like the really simple, unified look of this but I think after looking into modular a bit more (never thought I'd be remotely interested), if I was paying for one I think I might go for Softube's Modular instead. Anyone have any thoughts on it for comparison?
Sofube Modular besides being very CPU heavy, IMHO is far from user friendly - having imprinted not only the audible funs of Eurorack, but also the physical limitations - in such you may not add a module inbetween space of others without dragging the previous one from place lol.. audio quality is great, but I think, as a whole it is missing out.
for the similar price tag I would suggest Cherry Audio Voltage MOdular ANYtime - not as beautiful visually, but very rewarding :)

Steedus
Competition Winner

08 May 2021

phithegoldenratio wrote:
07 May 2021
Steedus wrote:
06 May 2021
Sofube Modular besides being very CPU heavy, IMHO is far from user friendly - having imprinted not only the audible funs of Eurorack, but also the physical limitations - in such you may not add a module inbetween space of others without dragging the previous one from place lol.. audio quality is great, but I think, as a whole it is missing out.
for the similar price tag I would suggest Cherry Audio Voltage MOdular ANYtime - not as beautiful visually, but very rewarding :)
Thanks for that :thumbs_up:

Steedus
Competition Winner

04 Jun 2021

I made the mistake of starting a song with the demo of Softube Modular, and I forgot to render out the audio ... looks like I'm buying that now :oops:

• Information