Reason DRM is Infuriating!

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
stripedkeys

26 Apr 2021

I am a Reason 11 Suite perpetual license holder. I also have my computer authorized. Even so, oftentimes when I launch Reason, it will tell me that some rack extensions licenses need to be updated. This requires me to go online to authorize. The problem for me is that I use RRP for playing live with my band, and I may not always be in a place where I can get online.

I am not using any rack extensions that don't come with Reason 11 Suite and I've updated licenses over and over with the same results. I finally removed Reason in its entirety and reinstalled everything, but it doesn't help.

Does anyone have any ideas here?

Thanks!

BRIGGS

26 Apr 2021

NFT > DRM
r11s

jam-s

26 Apr 2021

Before going to a live event I'd always hit the "sync all" button to write all new licenses to the authorised machine. (Also you could have your set open in Reason before the event and just hibernate your laptop.)

stripedkeys

26 Apr 2021

I do sync before going to a gig, but I may need to relaunch my VST host (Gig Performer) at times, especially if I have to change audio settings. When I do, RRP loads and complains that I need to update licenses.

One of the benefits of a perpetual license is that you can authorize a computer. Once you do that, it should just work without pestering you to resync licenses over and over. That's the frustrating part.

Billy+

26 Apr 2021

stripedkeys wrote:
26 Apr 2021
I do sync before going to a gig, but I may need to relaunch my VST host (Gig Performer) at times, especially if I have to change audio settings. When I do, RRP loads and complains that I need to update licenses.

One of the benefits of a perpetual license is that you can authorize a computer. Once you do that, it should just work without pestering you to resync licenses over and over. That's the frustrating part.
I never had any issues with Reason's requirements to authorizer until RRP and even though I have used my ignition key since they first got issued every time I use RRP it wants me to authorizer.

The only way I've found to get around it is to auth my machine and to make sure that I don't demo without deleting the demos if I don't purchased.

killhamster

27 Apr 2021

BRIGGS wrote:
26 Apr 2021
NFT > DRM
Haha what even

DaveyG

27 Apr 2021

I get exactly this with RRP sometimes. I have no demos or rentals.
In the same session I can launch the standalone just fine. Close it down, launch Studio One then when I add the RRP it sometimes complains that licences need updating and I have to launch authoriser to sort it. This is with the perpetual licence.

It makes no sense but clearly something is not right.

Jackjackdaw

27 Apr 2021

💯 I've got a support ticket about this open at the moment. I can't even reauthorize my computer at the moment. It just randomly decides I need to log in sometimes and now it won't let me do anything else. It's forcing me to use Ableton.

EdwardKiy

27 Apr 2021

Here you go.

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=7521565

I would do a complete uninstall with manually cleaning out the regedit too before re-installing, if you're on windows.

Jackjackdaw

27 Apr 2021

I see, so it's this R+ nonsense that is messing with my system. I wish the support guy could have just said that instead of providing a list of hoops for me to jump through.

stripedkeys

27 Apr 2021

I'm on a Mac. I did a complete removal of Reason and all REs. I also deleted all system files from Reason. Then I reinstalled everything and I still have this problem. Sometimes it happens only with RRP, but it also happens with Reason standalone. The message I see is "Some rack extensions are in online-only mode" or something like that. I also see, "Some rack extension licenses need to be updated." I don't have anything installed other than what comes with R11, so something's definitely wrong.

These copy protection schemes only serve to make legit users frustrated and inconvenienced. People who want to steal Reason can easily circumvent them. Just look at all the cracked copies of Reason 11 out there! They should stop inflicting this kind of pain on us.

EdwardKiy

27 Apr 2021

Did you try the build 11.3.6 build that I linked? Also, these messages can pop up if you have a license pending transfer.

OverneathTheSkyBridg

27 Apr 2021

Jackjackdaw wrote:
27 Apr 2021
I see, so it's this R+ nonsense that is messing with my system. I wish the support guy could have just said that instead of providing a list of hoops for me to jump through.
Stuff like this makes me glad that I stayed on the 11 Suite version before they added the R+ "features." I'll be very cautious about upgrading to 12.

Faastwalker

28 Apr 2021

I have to sign in every time I run Reason+. My computer is authorized but it doesn't actually show Reason 11. Only goes up to 10. Tried removing and re-authorizing. Doesn't make a difference.

jam-s

28 Apr 2021

Reason+ cannot be offline authorized (,yet).

stripedkeys

28 Apr 2021

EdwardKiy wrote:
27 Apr 2021
Did you try the build 11.3.6 build that I linked? Also, these messages can pop up if you have a license pending transfer.
I didn't because I'm on 11.3.9 now, and there are many bug fixes in that version that are important to me.

Faastwalker

28 Apr 2021

jam-s wrote:
28 Apr 2021
Reason+ cannot be offline authorized (,yet).
Ah! That explains it then :oops:

Jackjackdaw

29 Apr 2021

In my case the support guy told me to Sync All Re's to fix the corrupted authorizer file. I did so begrudgingly and it worked. I just had to go through deleting all the unwanted stuff afterwards.

plaingraywall

29 Apr 2021

Sync All is the only fix. You just have to delete any unwanted REs afterwards. A total pain but it's part of the ritual now everytime I buy a new RE!!! Bonkers really....

stripedkeys

03 May 2021

There's definitely something else going on here. I haven't bought anything other than the stock Reason 11 Suite. Everything worked fine for several days and then during band rehearsal yesterday, I got the message that RE licenses were out of date. I used my cell phone to update them and then Reason prompted me to enter my Props un/pw before it would launch. I guess everything was "out of sync."

I used Reason for the rehearsal, and then today when I launched it to work on some parts, I get the message again that some RE licenses are out of date. Really? Since yesterday?

I guess I'll open a support ticket and see if the folks at Reason Studios can offer any help here. If I get any encouraging updates, I'll be sure to post back.

stripedkeys

07 May 2021

Update: This is happening to me because I use a Balance as my audio interface from time to time. When the Balance is plugged in, Reason reads the license files from it, and those licenses aren't updated. I can't find any way to update them or get Reason to ignore the Balance. I'm waiting on an update on my support ticket now regarding that.

DaveyG

07 May 2021

stripedkeys wrote:
07 May 2021
Update: This is happening to me because I use a Balance as my audio interface from time to time. When the Balance is plugged in, Reason reads the license files from it, and those licenses aren't updated. I can't find any way to update them or get Reason to ignore the Balance. I'm waiting on an update on my support ticket now regarding that.
Uh oh. You're gonna wake up Mr Figg if you're not careful. I think I hear him stirring in his lair.

If you plug in your balance and go to your online account do you have the option to unauthorize it? Then you could maybe authorize your PC rather than the Balance.

stripedkeys

07 May 2021

DaveyG wrote:
07 May 2021
Uh oh. You're gonna wake up Mr Figg if you're not careful. I think I hear him stirring in his lair.

If you plug in your balance and go to your online account do you have the option to unauthorize it? Then you could maybe authorize your PC rather than the Balance.
I figured there would be, but there isn't. You can deauthorize a computer, but not a Balance. I also tried to do it with CodeMeter. No joy. Reason Studios just said to make sure I don't plug the Balance into my computer, but it's the audio interface I use when gigging because it's already pretty beat up and works well for the hard life of gigging.

orthodox
RE Developer

07 May 2021

stripedkeys wrote:
07 May 2021
DaveyG wrote:
07 May 2021

I figured there would be, but there isn't. You can deauthorize a computer, but not a Balance. I also tried to do it with CodeMeter. No joy. Reason Studios just said to make sure I don't plug the Balance into my computer, but it's the audio interface I use when gigging because it's already pretty beat up and works well for the hard life of gigging.
Are you saying you can't remove the license on your Balance in Codemeter Control Center?

zoidkirb

07 May 2021

Is there a way to avoid the online login check if you're running trials or betas?

• Information