It's A Good Synth Day - Pigments 3 / Model 84

Discuss VST stuff here!
arqui

21 Apr 2021

moneykube wrote:
21 Apr 2021
can't seem to find this info... does it come in vst2 so reason can utilize it?
the first image is VST 2, the second VST 3 I imagine?
Yes and yes
      Reason 11 Suite, perpetual license :reason:

moneykube

23 Apr 2021

arqui wrote:
21 Apr 2021
moneykube wrote:
21 Apr 2021
can't seem to find this info... does it come in vst2 so reason can utilize it?
the first image is VST 2, the second VST 3 I imagine?
Yes and yes
hurricane wrote:
21 Apr 2021
raymondh wrote:
21 Apr 2021

What is it that appeals to you in the update? The features or the sound?
Both!

But more specifically, it's an all-around good Synthwave synth cuz it can do so many 'synthwavey' things well, and what makes it an even better Synthwave synth now is that it has the Jupiter filter, the Juno Chorus, and their version of the OTT! It also does the JP Supersaw really well, which is a nice bonus.

Yeah, I like how it sounds and I like the presets. I purchased the Spectrum sound pack and seeing the possibilities is inspiring. You can make such a polished and self-contained collection of sounds with this thing. And the fact that they're continually updating Pigments makes me feel good about investing time in it.
Thank you both... :thumbs_up: Bought. Pigments 3 is impressive so far
https://soundcloud.com/moneykube-qube/s ... d-playlist
Proud Member Of The Awesome League Of Perpetuals

moneykube

23 Apr 2021

noticing more the normal drop outs in sound when just previewing some patches and just changing notes... not sure what that is about.... not doing anything fancy and DSP is barely used. Seems much better if you crank the buffer size up... 2000 appears much better then 500 for example> with more going on as well.
https://soundcloud.com/moneykube-qube/s ... d-playlist
Proud Member Of The Awesome League Of Perpetuals

EdGrip

23 Apr 2021

arqui wrote:
20 Apr 2021
Pigment 3 intruduction price $69 if you own any Arturia product.
Yep. Even if the product is one they gave away for free a while ago, as in my case.
I tried Pigments 3, the modulation system is very deep and fast, the sequencer is great, and the presets are top-notch. I really like it, so I bought it. I also like the fact it runs standalone, perfect for just quickly doing a bit of sound design for the Digitakt to eat.

More than 3 or 4 notes of polyphony can stretch my old laptop, but that's plenty for what I'm up to at the moment. So, in the context of a big project it'll be less useful until I get a new computer. But that's not what I bought it for so that's fine.

Creativemind

23 Apr 2021

So I've installed the demo of Model 84 in my iLok License Manager, what do I next? lol!

Sorry, forget this post lol!
Last edited by Creativemind on 23 Apr 2021, edited 1 time in total.
:reason:

Reason Studio's 11.3 / Cockos Reaper 6.82 / Cakewalk By Bandlab / Orion 8.6
http://soundcloud.com/creativemind75/iv ... soul-mix-3

fieldframe
RE Developer

23 Apr 2021

Me: I don't need another flagship synth; I have enough already

Arturia: Ok but what if you could get it for $50

Me: ...

Arturia: Also it's a new version with an additive engine, and we'll throw in 5 additional preset banks

Me: Here's $50

WongoTheSane

23 Apr 2021

moneykube wrote:
21 Apr 2021
was this the free starter version, or did you try pigments 3, how much space was sucked up... and what do you mean by rudely?? I shouldn't need sim links with 1 .33 TB open surely??? I rarely trial synths, perhaps this one I need to... Still... love what it can do in videos and with my controller
You can choose an install location for all of Arturia's products' data when you install it for the time, from the install screen. If you've already installed it, you can move everything to another folder somewhere by going to Preferences in Arturia Software Center.

My Arturia resources folder (Pigments + V Collection) is 12.4 GB. I don't know what size Pigments is specifically because of the way it's organized: it has shared sample folders, shared preset folders, etc, so it's difficult to isolate.

DaveyG

23 Apr 2021

fieldframe wrote:
23 Apr 2021
Me: I don't need another flagship synth; I have enough already

Arturia: Ok but what if you could get it for $50

Me: ...

Arturia: Also it's a new version with an additive engine, and we'll throw in 5 additional preset banks

Me: Here's $50
Hehe. Welcome to the world of sales!
Adding value by including extra stuff you don't need for the thing you don't need.
Incidentally, you can only have one flagship so if you think you have two you actually have none. So obviously you need to buy a bigger flagship. Fortunately we have just the right thing for you and it's on sale until the end of the day. It was 5 times this arbitrary price yesterday. Oh, and it comes with a free extra crate of ship's biscuits and a girly calendar. But only until the end of the day. No pressure. :D

StephenHutchinson

23 Apr 2021

Just checked my Arturia Software Centre.. looks like Pigments 3 is a free upgrade for me :puf_smile: .
:reason: Reason User Since Version 1.0
:refill: Reason Sound Design & Content Creation
Sound Dimension https://www.sounddimension.io

ReFiils: Ambientia Cinematic Soundscapes | String Theory (Friktion) | Algoritmo (Algoritm)

GRB

23 Apr 2021

Creativemind wrote:
23 Apr 2021
So I've installed the demo of Model 84 in my iLok License Manager, what do I next? lol!

Just installed and found its VST3 only? :cry:

Tried in Reaper, it sounds great and comes with the same patches you can hear in the video.

Seems that it needs Bluecat Patchwork to make it work inside Reason

Also is iLok but I already have Softube stuff so that's no problem, it sounds very very nice.

Anyone else tried Model 84?
R12 12.2d36 / Reason+ / R11 Suite - Win10 64bit HP i7 - 32Gb RAM - SSD / Scarlett 2i4 / Novation Launchkey 61 MK3 / Nektar Impact LX61+ / JBL 305 MKII

dusan.cani

23 Apr 2021

dusan.cani wrote:
21 Apr 2021
There is something wrong with the sound as in many of my patches from 2.0 a loud cracks/thumps appear...I hope they fix this...
Here is example:

thumps.mp3
(199.99 KiB) Downloaded 70 times

Can anyone confirm this bug ? Here is the source patch:

thumps.zip
(9.23 KiB) Downloaded 71 times

Loque

23 Apr 2021

dusan.cani wrote:
23 Apr 2021
thumps.zip
What kind of file shall this be?
Reason12, Win10

dusan.cani

23 Apr 2021

It's Pigments patch file, it has no extension. Just put the file into to user preset folder.

Creativemind

24 Apr 2021

GRB wrote:
23 Apr 2021
Creativemind wrote:
23 Apr 2021

Just installed and found its VST3 only? :cry:

Tried in Reaper, it sounds great and comes with the same patches you can hear in the video.

Seems that it needs Bluecat Patchwork to make it work inside Reason

Also is iLok but I already have Softube stuff so that's no problem, it sounds very very nice.

Anyone else tried Model 84?
Yeah it does sound really nice. Using it in Reaper. Gonna have a go at tryna create the pad from the song I posted earlier on it today.

I've noticed today, it's overall volume on full is quiet or not as loud as it should be anyway.
:reason:

Reason Studio's 11.3 / Cockos Reaper 6.82 / Cakewalk By Bandlab / Orion 8.6
http://soundcloud.com/creativemind75/iv ... soul-mix-3

hurricane
Competition Winner

26 Apr 2021

Model 84 is covered in some sort of gooey, retro-ey, analog secret sauce that I don't hear and feel in Arturia's and Tal's. Model 72 is dripping in the same sauce. I'm excited to see what synth they have coming up next. It'll probably be something that's been done to death already (ARP 2600, Prophet, maybe the Jupiter) but here's hoping they do a proper CS-80 or a Jupiter-6. Personally, I'd like to see a Moog Modular since it would also be a perfect fit for their Modular.
Soundcloud | Youtube
Logic Pro | Bitwig

Jackjackdaw

26 Apr 2021

Love the new Pigments sounds but the Reverb fx are hogging my CPU like crazy! Also I find the new fx screen layout jarring. I want my equipment to feel like an old friend when I open it up. I'll probably roll back to V2.

altron

29 Apr 2021

hurricane wrote:
20 Apr 2021
Do we need another Juno emulation??? No - but this one might be the best one yet.
After comparing it with my Juno-106 I'd say it is the next-closest thing in software form to it. The Roland one might be just as close but you'd deal with the annoying Roland Cloud matters.

The TAL Uno is a Juno-60 emu which is different in a few ways from the Juno 106.
Trap is where music goes to die.

dusan.cani

03 Dec 2021

raymondh wrote:
21 Apr 2021

What is it that appeals to you in the update? The features or the sound?
The new harmonic engine is excellent ! It comes alive with extensive use of modulation. And then passing the result through filters and FX brings another dimension to it ! Love it...

• Information