PSA: Loopcloud 6 removes option to import own samples for non-subscribers

Discuss VST stuff here!
jam-s

25 Apr 2021

As stated on https://www.loopcloud.com/cloud/faq:
What are the limitations of Loopcloud’s free version?
The free version of Loopcloud still has much of the same great functionality as the paid version. All of your purchases from Loopmasters can be added and tagged, as well as any previous Loopcloud purchases you might have. The free version includes two tracks instead of eight and doesn’t include effects adjustment or the ability to search and download samples individually with monthly points. It doesn’t pitch edited regions or allow users to expand the range of content for the Loopcloud Plugin suite of VST instruments. Free users also cannot import new user-content or use the AI user-content tagging, which is new to Loopcloud 6.
So If you do not subscribe and use Loopcloud as a sample manager for your collection: DO NOT update to version 6!

(p.s. from my trial the subscription is not really worth it as you only get this in addition to non-cripled plugins:
* You may download 10 free samples a day (but not any sound, just those same samples that are also available as free sample packs from loopmasters for the same loop/soundpacks without any daily download limit)
* 100 points to spend on a hand full of sounds)

Loque

26 Apr 2021

Expectable and really bad move :thumbs_down:

Say good bye Loopcloud!
Reason12, Win10

DaveyG

26 Apr 2021

Yeah. Cya Loopcloud. It was fun while it lasted.

electricthing

26 Apr 2021

Thanks for the info, will stay on v5.

michael.jaye

08 May 2021

Any recommendations for other Sample Managers? Anyone used the ADSR one?

jam-s

08 May 2021

Well, there is XO, but it's mostly for drum hits for the looks of it. Also I find it really overpriced by a factor of 5 to 10. Then there is Sononym which is still a little expensive for my taste, but seems to be better for phrases as well as drum hits and a little closer to loopcloud regarding functionality.
And of course ADSR is also worth to look at (it was the best imho before loopcloud came along and might retake that spot now).

DaveyG

09 May 2021

michael.jaye wrote:
08 May 2021
Any recommendations for other Sample Managers? Anyone used the ADSR one?
I tried ADSR and Loopcloud when Loopcloud first came out and I settled on Loopcloud, although I can't remember why. I've just installed ADSR again and it is currently working it's way through my (vast!) sample drive so I'll run them both side by side for a while. I assume I can stay on free Loopcloud 5 forever but if ADSR does the job then I'll probably dump Loopcloud eventually.

I don't need most of the functions of either of them. I just need something to let me search my chaotic sample collection. I've been collecting samples for over three decades now and I never organise or delete anything so you can probably imagine what the folder layout looks like!

Marc64

09 May 2021

Props should really update theire browser :!:

jam-s

09 May 2021

Yes, a browser that would include features from loopcloud and sononym would be a worthy feature for Resaon 12, while hires is more of an 11.5 feature to me.

michael.jaye

09 May 2021

Marc64 wrote:
09 May 2021
Props should really update theire browser :!:
I just need loops to be able to loop to project tempo when browsing, nd also sort/tagging for samples.

VariableX

10 May 2021

quelle surprise. exactly why i stayed away from it. i am a loopcloud customer for other things occasionally.

also why i am staying away from Reason subscription cos once you get sucked in its costly/problematic to get out and who knows what might change to make it even harder to get out.

money talks and customers uptake of these things will dictate the market, lucky Reason 10 is sooo good :-)

michael.jaye

10 May 2021

I grabbed ADSR. Does what I need it to do. As usual, it feels the void that Reason Studios should've filled.

soroc sosta

10 May 2021

May I suggest Momentum from BigFish!
Amazing alternative to Loopcloud & ADSR sample browser.
https://www.bigfishaudio.com/momentum.html

electricthing

13 May 2021

CrunkNationEnt wrote:
10 May 2021
May I suggest Momentum from BigFish!
Amazing alternative to Loopcloud & ADSR sample browser.
https://www.bigfishaudio.com/momentum.html
Interesting. I saw it before on YT but forgot. Will check.

• Information