Eventide H910 Harmonizer worth $42?

Discuss VST stuff here!
MrFigg
Competition Winner

20 Apr 2021

Currently on sale at JRR for $42 with code Group.
Anyone got it? Views?

I know how much the hardware goes for :).

Further thought...is it possible to achieve the same results using Quadravox? Or even Polar?
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

Lov2sing

20 Apr 2021

Back in the day the hardware was a little over $2000.00 US, but that unit tech although good is outdated. We use to use one at a radio station I worked for. The hardware I am referring to. I believe Polar effect could do the trick. It’s main notable function was to be a harmonizer. There are several RE’s that do harmony if that’s what you need. Also Nectar 3 by Izotope is great for harmony.
We make music for a reason

MrFigg
Competition Winner

20 Apr 2021

Lov2sing wrote:
20 Apr 2021
Also Nectar 3 by Izotope is great for harmony.
Really? I’ve got Nectar Elements but never looked at it. Does that version do harmonies? Thanks :)
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

Lov2sing

20 Apr 2021

MrFigg wrote:
20 Apr 2021
Lov2sing wrote:
20 Apr 2021
Also Nectar 3 by Izotope is great for harmony.
Really? I’ve got Nectar Elements but never looked at it. Does that version do harmonies? Thanks :)
Yeah I have been using it for over a year. It’s not perfect but is manageable. Their perfect one is in the advance version.

MrFigg
Competition Winner

20 Apr 2021

Lov2sing wrote:
20 Apr 2021
MrFigg wrote:
20 Apr 2021

Yeah I have been using it for over a year. It’s not perfect but is manageable. Their perfect one is in the advance version.
Cool. Thanks. I’ll install it no check it out. :)
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

teddymcw

22 Apr 2021

MrFigg wrote:
20 Apr 2021
Anyone got it? Views?

Further thought...is it possible to achieve the same results using Quadravox? Or even Polar?
Have you tried the eventide micropitch one? I actually really like it compared to others in the category but I'd bet the code and consequent sounds in both the micropitch and h910 are similar if not the same at times. Can be great for guitars too imo.

MrFigg
Competition Winner

22 Apr 2021

teddymcw wrote:
22 Apr 2021
MrFigg wrote:
20 Apr 2021
Anyone got it? Views?

Have you tried the eventide micropitch one? I actually really like it compared to others in the category but I'd bet the code and consequent sounds in both the micropitch and h910 are similar if not the same at times. Can be great for guitars too imo.
Just realised that Turn2on’s Drop’n’lift Does the same. Great RE
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

Lov2sing

22 Apr 2021

MrFigg wrote:
22 Apr 2021
teddymcw wrote:
22 Apr 2021

[/quote
Just realised that Turn2on’s Drop’n’lift Does the same. Great RE
I did not know that. I will check it out.

hurricane
Competition Winner

22 Apr 2021

Remember that once-in-a-lifetime insane Anthology upgrade from a few years ago where if you had like 3 or 4 eventide plugins (some of which they gave away for free yet they still counted) or whatever it was, you could upgrade to the entire Anthology bundle for like $84 and then another crazy deal after that where you could upgrade Anthology X to X1 for nothing (this one I am sure of cuz I checked my receipt and I paid $1). Pretty crazy that the whole Anthology bundle costs $1799 right now - and $349 just for the H9 - man, some of us lucked out.
Soundcloud | Youtube
Logic Pro | Bitwig

tallguy

22 Apr 2021

hurricane wrote:
22 Apr 2021
Remember that once-in-a-lifetime insane Anthology upgrade from a few years ago where if you had like 3 or 4 eventide plugins (some of which they gave away for free yet they still counted) or whatever it was, you could upgrade to the entire Anthology bundle for like $84 and then another crazy deal after that where you could upgrade Anthology X to X1 for nothing (this one I am sure of cuz I checked my receipt and I paid $1). Pretty crazy that the whole Anthology bundle costs $1799 right now - and $349 just for the H9 - man, some of us lucked out.
I've had the same experience with SoundToys. Had the chance to upgrade to the full collection on the back of owning a few plugins I bought during a sale. The full prices are eye-watering. No way I'd pay $199 for EchoBoy, however good it is.

DaveyG

23 Apr 2021

MrFigg wrote:
20 Apr 2021
Anyone got it? Views?

I think if you've ever used the hardware version, and I have, then a plugin version is only going to be a disappointment. There are much better plugins for the job.

MrFigg
Competition Winner

23 Apr 2021

Well, I tried it and realised it wasn’t for me. Like someone said above it’s a nice emulation of an old piece of equipment but I’ve already got a good few REs and VSTs which have the elements of the effect that I’m actually looking for. Now don’t get me wrong. Emulations of vintage stuff can be great too. I would not want to be without my Binson Echorecs for example. In any case, I’m glad I gave it a trial but it’s not something I need to have. Thanks for all the input.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

DaveyG

23 Apr 2021

There are many great vintage units that are worthy of modern emulations but mostly that's for their analogue tone, or their valve warmth. The H910 was revolutionary at the time but it was 1970's digital technology quirky to use and I don't think it has any distinctive tone worth reproducing. Like most technology of that era various artists found ways to use it that the designers would never have imagined but those same artists today would not give it a second look given the alternatives. Vintage is not always best!

stillifegaijin

25 Apr 2021

Thank for posting the link! I got the trial and so far I think it's awesome. I've used it on two mixes already and will be buying it.

I'm even happy that nobody else on here seems to like it.

tallguy

25 Apr 2021

stillifegaijin wrote:
25 Apr 2021
Thank for posting the link! I got the trial and so far I think it's awesome. I've used it on two mixes already and will be buying it.

You're out of luck. I'm liking it too :D

After only half an hour of comparing it to SoundToys Microshift and Crystallizer, you can tell it's very different.

Does anybody know how long the discount code on JRR will last?

MrFigg
Competition Winner

25 Apr 2021

tallguy wrote:
25 Apr 2021
stillifegaijin wrote:
25 Apr 2021

After only half an hour of comparing it to SoundToys Microshift and Crystallizer, you can tell it's very different.

For as long as the sale lasts.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

zumBeispiel

25 Apr 2021

tallguy wrote:
25 Apr 2021

Perhaps May the 3rd as well?

eventide.png

MrFigg
Competition Winner

25 Apr 2021

zumBeispiel wrote:
25 Apr 2021
tallguy wrote:
25 Apr 2021

Perhaps May the 3rd as well?

eventide.png
Haha...just came on to say the same thing.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

stillifegaijin

25 Apr 2021

tallguy wrote:
25 Apr 2021
stillifegaijin wrote:
25 Apr 2021

Agreed. It's very different from the Soundtoys stuff. At one point I was using it in conjunction with Crystalizer which sounded great but was too much for the particular mix I was working on.

tallguy

28 Apr 2021

Been playing around with it for a few days. Can't justify it as I've already got Crystallizer. No they're not the same, but close enough. Crystallizer has a wider sonic scope which means it's harder to dial in that one particular effect you're after, easier to overshoot the mark. That just means it's on me to learn how to use it better. The H910 is certainly delicious.

• Information