[TECHNO] CAN I BREATHE

This forum is for sharing your Reason creations with the rest of the community. If you post a song expecting feedback please take time to leave some for others.
Forum rules
Remember to begin your thread subject with a genre, ie.: (Hiphop) New instrumental
danc

23 Apr 2021

Everything begins in a slow, ethereal and emotional state... and then I really kick things off around 32 bars in.

I was really conscious to ensure that this thing had to feel alive - kinda organic - so I spent an age on making the melody, arp and drums morph all over the place... things like ensuring the kick goes from super hard to splashy.

I've used SIR Audio StandardClip clipper to really tighten the drums - especially the clap and hats.

SUB BASS: PhasePlant along with Trackspacer and ShaperBox2 - to mould it around the kick.

BASS: Arturia MicroFreak: when I created this track I started out with a new 303 type sound I made on my Arturia MicroFreak hardware synth. Sampled it into my DAW. It had a lot more life and weirdness about it than a 303 could achieve. I then plonked the sample into NN-XT and then went to town bending it, spiking it up. Ran it through UVI Shade with loads of LFO's and Envelopes on a range of filters to give is loads of rhymical energy, then Black Box Analog Design HG-2 (the new MS edition) to really push the harmonics, then Blue Cat Audio's Late Replies to bounce it around the stereo spectrum, VintageVerb to bed it into the mix better and then glued it using Fabfilter MB2 compressor. Used Trackspacer and ShaperBox2 to keep it ducking around the kick.

KICK: Kick 2, Kilohearts Disperser, Fabfilter Pro-R, SIR Audio StandardClip clipper

DRUMS: Air Drum Synth 500 and lots of individual hit drum samples, loads of different FX.

BREAKDOWN STAB: NN-XT - a chord stab I made.
Check my Soundcloud:

Popey
Competition Winner

24 Apr 2021

Really nice track with loads of energy, perfect for the dancefloor. Love how it slowly builds until kicking in at 1:13

WOO

24 Apr 2021

Nice job sounds good. Did you do this using reason as the daw?

Skimrok

25 Apr 2021

that bit after 3mins is fire i can imagine this big style on a dance floor , yeah that's a pro track and very easy to listen too, good stuff Dan now I'm off to reading about what you used on the tune,
12 with 11 Suite :reason:/ Akai Mini Mk3 / MPD218 /Eve SC207 Monitors / Mrs10 Sub / Motu M2 / Zen Can

danc

25 Apr 2021

WOO wrote:
24 Apr 2021
Nice job sounds good. Did you do this using reason as the daw?
Thanks for positive feedback WOO. I arrange using Studio One. I do a huge amount of sound design in RRP inside S1. So I think of it as making music in both Reason and Studio One - the best of both worlds.

I am at one with the Reason rack for designing sounds - especially if I'm building up multiple layers and routing FX's off them. For this tune I used RRP for both the leads, stabs and bass instruments and also I route into RRP on busses to get various delays and verbs as an FX for other sounds and samples.

I personally find that if I arrange in Reason, the Rack just becomes far too busy and out of control. I know I can collapse combinators etc. hiding things way, but it just feels like a game of constantly finding things in a swamp of stuff. Whereas in S1I feel like I can keep control and easily organise busy tunes. Using RRP you have one rack dedicated to one track - keeping things under control.
Check my Soundcloud:

danc

25 Apr 2021

Skimrok wrote:
25 Apr 2021
that bit after 3mins is fire i can imagine this big style on a dance floor , yeah that's a pro track and very easy to listen too, good stuff Dan now I'm off to reading about what you used on the tune,
Thanks SKIMROK - glad you like... I am putting it into my "top 10 stuff" list.

Appreciate the support.
Check my Soundcloud:

LuckyMan

29 Apr 2021

Great, I like techno which is fit for MCing, this one is also will be nice for some vocals

danc

30 Apr 2021

LuckyMan wrote:
29 Apr 2021
Great, I like techno which is fit for MCing, this one is also will be nice for some vocals
Thanks LUCKYMAN. The more tunes I make the more I realise people prefer the simpler ones... I feel like they are more locked on rails - staying focused.
Check my Soundcloud:

• Information