Alien Seed Tech

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
Bes
Competition Winner

24 Apr 2021

is Mark ok?

i'm starting to think i'll never see PSDN 2.0
- Certified Reason expert

MannequinRaces

24 Apr 2021

Last heard from him on 4/1. I believe PSDN 2.0 is still in the works.

Bes
Competition Winner

24 Apr 2021

:redface: ok thanks :thumbs_up:

starship
RE Developer

25 Apr 2021

Hey there!

Re: OK? Not particularly! LOL. Which is a big part of the reason it hasn't released yet. Still plan on doing so.

Been working on something else (hermes cv shaper) and got sidetracked by getting covid, longform version :), and a bunch of other BS. E.g. Just lost about a month to really f'ing up my back, and then have spent a week dizzy, etc. I mean.. f' me. It's been a seriously unproductive year plus. And honestly, the work disruption BS goes back further to about a month after releasing the KRON... much of it b/c of neighboring aholes. tl;dr GDmnt.

So I f'd up! I really did. And I feel awful about it often...

Basically I need to dive back into it for a while to figure out some critical bug I exposed the last time I was adding to it.. and I keep going back into something newer b/c i need to release.. and then shit happens and everything gets more delayed.

Honestly, just trying to explain how I f'd up, y'all.. Not so much trying to give an excuse.

My current plan is to finish up the hermes (it's pretty close) and then try to wrap the PSDN up. And then the HSTA. :)

AND if you or anyone else wants to use the beta now, just let me know and I'll assign it to you monthly. Just give me your reason username and email address (PM me or email me).

Cheers!

Loque

25 Apr 2021

Get well first πŸ’ͺπŸ˜·πŸ’ŠπŸ’‰
Reason12, Win10

DaveyG

25 Apr 2021

Loque wrote: ↑
25 Apr 2021
Get well first πŸ’ͺπŸ˜·πŸ’ŠπŸ’‰
+1 to that. I don't think I have long covid as such but I'm still not right after a few days on my back with it last September. Just no energy and massive mood swings. Doc keeps saying "give it another month". So, yeah. Take the time that you need. The world will still be here when you are well enough to re-join it. :thumbup:

zoidkirb

25 Apr 2021

Take care man!
Alien Seed Tech devices are a shining light in the Reason landscape and new gear will be well worth waiting for.

Bes
Competition Winner

25 Apr 2021

ah heck, thanks for the update M. i have a mucked up body too and its just the pits, i found some restorative and yin style yoga videos on youtube and trying to do one session a day helps me manage the pain and energy and mental health stuff too but its probably not going to help with your neighbours. if i contributed to you feeling awful about lack of productivity i'd surely like to reverse that. i do beta test for some other RE devs maybe i can be of help to you in that way as well (handle- bestreasonuser) but like the others have said take care and get well :) your devices make Reason a much better DAW

starship
RE Developer

25 Apr 2021

Thanks y'all!

lol re: yoga and such. I scoffed but ended up having to stretch and such for 3-4 weeks straight... like all day. till i got dizzy from something else and quit. :)

And I owed you all an explanation/update for sure.. Glad you said something, Bes.

Davey... yeah, that sure sounds like it. It was like having a bad flu.. getting over it.. then being so fatigued i thought about going to the hospital .. w/o insurance.. in the US.. which is kinda madness. :) lol.. it was that bad.. but I got over it.. and then this long-term fatigue kicked in that slowly ebbed.. it took months.. and i kinda doubt i'm back to normal yet. had blood tests months after that showed at least some organs were really f'd up by the virus and immune reaction. And it's kinda random how it affects each person, at least seemingly. Smart peeps are figuring it out as we speak.

PSA: don't get the virus.. don't spread it, etc. Anyone mind if I take the time to point out that we know now that natural herd immunity is impossible with this virus? E.g. personally I'm probably susceptible to the variants that came out of the areas where herd immunity failed, like Manau, Brazil.. This thing mutates too easily. I'd be happy to cite stuff but ... I mean shit.. a lot of people were hoping Sweden was right a year ago. :) And omg, f' what this virus can do.

And the fact that e.g. the flu rate and # deaths has flatlined.. What we're doing is barely working for this f'ing virus.. but it's working for like every other communicable disease. And the vaccine rollout is way too slow.. variants are gonna keep arising.. India's story is going to repeat. What a f'ing nightmare. And deadly to so many.

But yeah, if any skeptics are reading this.. you don't want to deal with this BS or inflict it on others. Whoo boy. :)

Also f' China's gov. Seriously. I could go on about that a bit but I recognize this is a rant. :)

I appreciate the good wishes and whatnot! Thanks y'all!

bidaar

12 May 2021

starship wrote: ↑
25 Apr 2021
Thanks y'all!

lol re: yoga and such. I scoffed but ended up having to stretch and such for 3-4 weeks straight... like all day. till i got dizzy from something else and quit. :)

And I owed you all an explanation/update for sure.. Glad you said something, Bes.

Davey... yeah, that sure sounds like it. It was like having a bad flu.. getting over it.. then being so fatigued i thought about going to the hospital .. w/o insurance.. in the US.. which is kinda madness. :) lol.. it was that bad.. but I got over it.. and then this long-term fatigue kicked in that slowly ebbed.. it took months.. and i kinda doubt i'm back to normal yet. had blood tests months after that showed at least some organs were really f'd up by the virus and immune reaction. And it's kinda random how it affects each person, at least seemingly. Smart peeps are figuring it out as we speak.

PSA: don't get the virus.. don't spread it, etc. Anyone mind if I take the time to point out that we know now that natural herd immunity is impossible with this virus? E.g. personally I'm probably susceptible to the variants that came out of the areas where herd immunity failed, like Manau, Brazil.. This thing mutates too easily. I'd be happy to cite stuff but ... I mean shit.. a lot of people were hoping Sweden was right a year ago. :) And omg, f' what this virus can do.

And the fact that e.g. the flu rate and # deaths has flatlined.. What we're doing is barely working for this f'ing virus.. but it's working for like every other communicable disease. And the vaccine rollout is way too slow.. variants are gonna keep arising.. India's story is going to repeat. What a f'ing nightmare. And deadly to so many.

But yeah, if any skeptics are reading this.. you don't want to deal with this BS or inflict it on others. Whoo boy. :)

Also f' China's gov. Seriously. I could go on about that a bit but I recognize this is a rant. :)

I appreciate the good wishes and whatnot! Thanks y'all!
we need more kron updates tutorials and new REs : D
Reason 11 Suite l FL Studio l Leaning Ableton n Bitwig l Windows 10 64bit
Trying and Learning to be a : Hip-Hop / Trap , Electronic & Experimental Producer l Mixing Engineer

starship
RE Developer

21 May 2021

bidaar wrote: ↑
12 May 2021
Working on it re: the REs. :)

I mean I made a lot of kron videos.. :) kinda low priority for me right now. Can't do much with updates either.. I maxed out the property count, and a lot of stuff I'd like to do to it needs another property or so. Maybe I can revisit this when I've got the newer REs released.

Also... I am in about the same shape I was when I last wrote in here; really not getting much done yet.

cheers!

bidaar

21 May 2021

starship wrote: ↑
21 May 2021
12 May 2021
Working on it re: the REs. :)

I mean I made a lot of kron videos.. :) kinda low priority for me right now. Can't do much with updates either.. I maxed out the property count, and a lot of stuff I'd like to do to it needs another property or so. Maybe I can revisit this when I've got the newer REs released.

Also... I am in about the same shape I was when I last wrote in here; really not getting much done yet.

cheers!
oh yeah If im not mistaken you had an accident or something like that but happy too see you all good now .
about kron its really a beast and I've been learning to use it slowly still there are tons of stuff I dont know about but still I like it a lot ,I gotta go check all your old videos but any one will be appreciated !
Trying and Learning to be a : Hip-Hop / Trap , Electronic & Experimental Producer l Mixing Engineer

starship
RE Developer

24 May 2021

21 May 2021
oh yeah If im not mistaken you had an accident or something like that but happy too see you all good now .
about kron its really a beast and I've been learning to use it slowly still there are tons of stuff I dont know about but still I like it a lot ,I gotta go check all your old videos but any one will be appreciated !
no, i was saying i'm in roughly the same bad shape as i was when i last posted in here. :) so like priority #1 is to finish the RE i'm working on now (HERMES), then the PSDN, etc. all requiring a bunch of videos :) and there's another RE that got shelved temporarily, etc. and i'm barely managing to work still. :| So... lol.. more KRON videos are so far down on my todo list, it's depressing. :) apologies!

glad to hear it re: the KRON! yeah, it's a beast. :) :) i hope the existing videos help. lemme know if they don't.

cheers!

bidaar

24 May 2021

no, i was saying i'm in roughly the same bad shape as i was when i last posted in here. :) so like priority #1 is to finish the RE i'm working on now (HERMES), then the PSDN, etc. all requiring a bunch of videos :) and there's another RE that got shelved temporarily, etc. and i'm barely managing to work still. :| So... lol.. more KRON videos are so far down on my todo list, it's depressing. :) apologies!

glad to hear it re: the KRON! yeah, it's a beast. :) i hope the existing videos help. lemme know if they don't.

cheers!
[/quote]
ah right I hope you finish your new REs and projects looking forward to see/demo those as well ! and Im gonna rewatch all the videos on kron an read its manual and experiment with kron itslef in the rack that should make me busy for a long time lol
be safe an good luck !

starship
RE Developer

24 May 2021

24 May 2021
ah right I hope you finish your new REs and projects looking forward to see/demo those as well ! and Im gonna rewatch all the videos on kron an read its manual and experiment with kron itslef in the rack that should make me busy for a long time lol
be safe an good luck !
Right on! :) Thanks!

• Information