Sequencer note velocity to mod wheel cv?

Have an urge to learn, or a calling to teach? Want to share some useful Youtube videos? Do it here!
michael.jaye

23 Apr 2021

Hi,
Is it possible to translate the velocity levels of notes in the sequencer to affect a mod wheel? I'm using a Malstrum for a bassline, and want the mod wheel to increase with the velocity of notes on the sequencer track.

Tried routing in Thor Matrix but didn;t get very far.

Thanks, any help would be appreciated.

deeplink
Competition Winner

23 Apr 2021

What parameter is the velocity controlling?
Just set modwhell to control that parameter directly.
Get more Combinators at the deeplink website

michael.jaye

23 Apr 2021

I like the parameters that are set to the Malstrom mod wheel as part of the patch Amazonas Bass. I'd normally use an LFO to control the mod wheel amounts, but can't get a really 16th note randomised feeling. If I use the random sine or random square LFO's they don;t quite do it for me. Thayt's why I randomised the velocity of the notes in the seqencer.

Timmy Crowne
Competition Winner

23 Apr 2021

You could put the Malstrom inside a Combinator with a Thor, using the Thor for its CV only. In Thor’s mod matrix, route the velocity to CV output 1, then wire a CV cable from the rear of Thor to the Mod Wheel input on the rear of the Combinator. Now if you play, the velocity of each note should manipulate the modulation of the Malstrom.

michael.jaye

23 Apr 2021

Timmy Crowne wrote:
23 Apr 2021
You could put the Malstrom inside a Combinator with a Thor, using the Thor for its CV only. In Thor’s mod matrix, route the velocity to CV output 1, then wire a CV cable from the rear of Thor to the Mod Wheel input on the rear of the Combinator. Now if you play, the velocity of each note should manipulate the modulation of the Malstrom.
Great work! Thanks very much.

orthodox
RE Developer

23 Apr 2021

The Arpeggiator should be off, of course.

• Information