Maia v2 (paid update)

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
AndrasHaasz
RE Developer

22 Apr 2021

Problem solved :)
Andras
----------------
I am the voice of PinkNoise

:reason: :ignition: :PUF_balance: :essentials: :rebirth: :recycle: :refillpacker: :re:

MrFigg
Competition Winner

22 Apr 2021

Good this got solved. I’ve lost count how many times the same question has been asked on RT about updates to different devices. Now I don’t know if the fault lies in how the devs upload the updates or if it is because of a bug in the Shop but it’s not the first time this has happened and I’d bet it won’t be the last. Maybe time for RS to take a look at this issue?
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

Loque

22 Apr 2021

MrFigg wrote:
22 Apr 2021
Good this got solved. I’ve lost count how many times the same question has been asked on RT about updates to different devices. Now I don’t know if the fault lies in how the devs upload the updates or if it is because of a bug in the Shop but it’s not the first time this has happened and I’d bet it won’t be the last. Maybe time for RS to take a look at this issue?
Regardless which ones fault it is, there is something that needs to be improved, yes :lightbulb:
Reason12, Win10

MrFigg
Competition Winner

22 Apr 2021

Loque wrote:
22 Apr 2021
MrFigg wrote:
22 Apr 2021
Regardless which ones fault it is, there is something that needs to be improved, yes :lightbulb:
Yep. That is exactly what I was getting at.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

AndrasHaasz
RE Developer

22 Apr 2021

MrFigg wrote:
22 Apr 2021
In this case it wasn't a bug in the shop... just the update option among the different versions wasn't clearly documented.
I misunderstood the settings, so actually it was my mistake. Sorry for that.
Andras
----------------

:reason: :ignition: :PUF_balance: :essentials: :rebirth: :recycle: :refillpacker: :re:

MrFigg
Competition Winner

22 Apr 2021

AndrasHaasz wrote:
22 Apr 2021
MrFigg wrote:
22 Apr 2021
In this case it wasn't a bug in the shop... just the update option among the different versions wasn't clearly documented.
I misunderstood the settings, so actually it was my mistake. Sorry for that.
Absolutely Andras. I would say though that a good number of other devs have also encountered the same problem. I would suggest to Reason Studios that they rewrite this information to make it clearer for the devs so the problem can be avoided in the future.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

Gardinski

24 Apr 2021

Finally got around to buying the updated Maia (v2.3.0), and I'm overwhelmed by how great it sounds.

Sonically speaking, the updated patches are richer and more flexible than ever, and the new Glissando mode is a brilliant feature which is going to be fantastically useful in a live setting. It's SO musical, and beautifully tweakable... It's got me really excited about playing in front of living, breathing people again, (just as soon as we're able to do so).

If you're an existing PinkNoise customer who is currently 'on the fence' about upgrading without a trial, then hesitate no longer... Maia 2.3 is well worth the asking price.

22ndCenturyStudio

21 May 2021

Recently.....via Reason's May Madness sale,I discovered Maia.I've been a Reason user since version 4 and for a long time,I was never really hot on the idea of buying RE synths, as I had felt that it was redundant, since Reason was already a synth-monster and that new & improved synth sounds were merely a matter of good programming, within Reason's factory synth modules.So for many years....I just bought from sound designers who just tweaked Reason's synth engines(combined with some new sampled content for Reason's sampler modules.)I eventually warmed up to the idea of adding new synths....but I've demo'd several....but was not really impressed with any of them until I tried Antidote. However....Maia is even more impressive & quite exhilarating, actually!
I have not really dug into it yet....but just after fiddling with the first couple of presets,I was in Nirvana! A beautiful GUI as well...looks great on my 40" monitor!
It's quite a CPU-hog though(I need to upgrade my RAM from 16GB to 32GB)...as I can only run 2 instances of Maia, before I get into trouble.)

Loque

22 May 2021

22ndCenturyStudio wrote:
21 May 2021
It indeed sounds good. Just the IR (impulse reverb) reverb type is very CPU intensiv. Better use RV7000MKII if you want to have IR.
Reason12, Win10

AndrasHaasz
RE Developer

04 Dec 2021

Maia 2.6.2 is out.

What's new:

2.4 (internal build, not released)
  • Fixed a bug: Phrygian default steps was wrong (also corrected in all patches)
  • Copy Osc settings didn’t copy the unison parameters: fixed
  • New Osc Table tool: Reverse table
  • New Seq tools: RND Reorder, Reverse Seq, Invert Velocities
  • New function of Seq Dice: Reorder
  • Ctrl-click on Seq Note change button: reset values in the active range
2.5 (internal build, not released)
  • Step sequencer: One shot mode
2.6 (internal build, not released)
  • Seq On/Off switch moved to the main panel, so it’s always visible
  • Osc Table length modulation moved from the FX mod panel to the Osc table panel
  • On the FX panel, the top on/off switches indicate which synthesizer they belong to
  • Adapted to the new SDK (Reason 10.1 or higher version is required)
  • High resolution custom displays
2.6.2 (latest release)
  • Fixed a bug in release trigger mode: if you changed the sustain value while playing, the played notes could stucked and never released
  • small bugfixes
  • 18 new patches
As you can see, I worked (and thought) on it quite a bit ;-)
Andras
----------------

moneykube

04 Dec 2021

thank-you...and wow.... after updating last night I wondered what was different in the new update
https://soundcloud.com/moneykube-qube/s ... d-playlist
Proud Member Of The Awesome League Of Perpetuals

• Information