WTFM Wavetable FM synth from Turn2On!!!

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
Re8et
Competition Winner

22 Feb 2021

A new combinator with added KRON modulations.
Patch includes BEATMAP PLAYER and MIDI-CV converter also.
Generative WTFM!
WTFM KRON CTRL 4.zip
(19.53 KiB) Downloaded 60 times

Re8et
Competition Winner

19 Apr 2021

turn2on wrote:
21 Feb 2021
Thank you for this patch! =) Its also very useful. I can add it to patch library later under your nick if you agree.
Liquid Oil LD and Liquid Tears Lead - is a Combi patches that just show enabling of LFO CV outputs to use with Segments.
Have some update plans and current realisationsfor WTFM upgrade but interesting to find what new RS synth do at near days =)
Oh, absolutely, I'd be honored!

I made a patchmaking vid about WTFM, with links to this thread.
I need to improve my skills with it :exclamation:

turn2on
RE Developer

20 Apr 2021

Hi, thank you for video. Need time to look it from start to end.
What I find you test:
1. Fast changes of WT/ALGO can add loud clicks, because initialisation of the switching create levels jumps. Its more experimental;l way to use WT and ALGO.
2. When you try to change algo, you must affect on the two main parameters of Operators. If Op3 -> Op2 -> Out, Op3 must affect to Op2 with any changes of Level, or Tune bigger than 1.0. With static Levels and Tune = 0 on both, you not have real changes to the sound. Because you not create Freq (Tune/Ratio) / Amp (Level) modulations for them.
3. OP1..OP4 have On/Off button. When you off any OP, you disable waveform sound. But you not disable with this routing Amp EG.
So, if Op1=Off, Op3->Op2->Op1, finally Op-1 EG - is the main Amp Env Generator as Output Amp EG.
How to disable this? Try in Amp EG sections to use "AMT" (amount of Operator EG), like a = 0. With this you can have 0% affect of the EG to the Operator routing, when OP=off.
4. SCALE changes only switching current OP scales. SO if you change one mode, and switch to another, it can have new or default Tune/Ratio settings. And switching adds jumps between them.
5. Poly/Mono section, select Max Poly voices in Poly Mode. Or set modes of Mono mode (RePitch / ReTrig).

Good that you publishing video, this help to find basic questions and try to answer on it.
But many from this moments written in the manual

Crazy automations from 52:00, 58:00 and later)) :D

rorystorm

06 Sep 2021

I bought this synth a while ago but hadn't really done much with it until the last couple of days, and it's really really good.

Quarmat
Competition Winner

07 Sep 2021

rorystorm wrote:
06 Sep 2021
I bought this synth a while ago but hadn't really done much with it until the last couple of days, and it's really really good.
Yeah this synth is a beast, i use it very often!

pongasoft
RE Developer

07 Sep 2021

I am so used to RTFM (Read the F*g Manual...) that the name seems a bit off to me ;)

rorystorm

07 Sep 2021

Yeah in my head its called what-the-fuck FM and that works well for me.

Its really is a snarler. I think my uh huh moment was when I started playing with the filter cut off and the filter envelope which are quite sensitive I hadn't realised you need to turn the filter down very low in order to get a good sound. Although other people might want more ear shreddingness and that's fine too. But yeah, I've got some fantastic bass out of it the last few weeks.

• Information