loopMIDI - problem creating MIDI channels

Want to talk about music hardware or software that doesn't include Reason?
challism

19 Apr 2021

I installed loopMIDI but when I try to create a MIDI channel, it gives me this error saying "perhaps the teVirtual MIdi driver isn't installed." I've tried uninstalling/reinstalling and repairing loopMIDI but nothing seems to be working. It's been a few years since I last used it, but I've never encountered this error before with loopMIDI. Any ideas how to fix this?

I'm running Windows 7 and loopMIDI v1.0.16.27 (seems to be the most current version on Tobias' website)

~
Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (52.31 KiB) Viewed 1634 times
Players are to MIDI what synthesizers are to waveforms.

ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

jam-s

19 Apr 2021

Have you tried to reboot your windows?

challism

19 Apr 2021

Yes, I tried that too. Sorry forgot to mention that. Didn't work.

rgdaniel

19 Apr 2021

If you search for files named teVirtualMIDI on your system, do you find lots? I get a dozen or so files, .dll .sys .cat, 32 bit, 64 bit, and unspecified, a dozen or so altogether, in various places including system32 folder.

rmtcvolte

20 Apr 2021

To check if it is installed allready: open a terminal (cmd.exe) and type in "driverquery | more" to get a list of all installed drivers.
Download and install rtpMidi from Erichsen, the driver is included there too (if the the installer for the driver included in loopMidi is broken). Have to search for the installer of an older version, not sure I will find, but in case you like to try this...

challism

21 Apr 2021

Thanks for chiming in with some ideas.

I copied an older version of loopMIDI that runs on my other computer without any issues; installed it on this computer and I am still getting the same error. So there must be something going on with this computer, not with loopMIDI. Oh well. I'll just use my other computer; I don't think I'm going to solve this, nor do I think it's worth the effort.

• Information